Fordmods Logo

'She Devil' AUII XR6 VCT Ute 

Page 5 of 10 [ 145 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next

Post subject: Re: 'She Devil' AUII XR6 VCT Ute
Posted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:12 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: AUII XR6 Uterus

NSW, Australia

gas is usually the killer. On the upside I think the rental is fairly similar on all size bottles iirc so don't piss about with a small one the only way you will save money is a medium/large size bottle. (if the rent is similar)

I've seen those disposable bottles and don't think you would get much out of them, and there is nothing more frustrating than running out of gas...

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution.

Posted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:10 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: "08 XR6T Ute

QLD, Australia

yeah i spoke to my uncle last night about it and he said pretty much the same thing... and then a fella at work was like "yeah rental will be about 150 (or more) a year"... so im thinking that ill put the idea of having my own TIG on the back burner for a bit... :/

also, just got a quote for re-covering my leather steering wheel - $250... any thoughts? also i asked him about getting a 3-4" section at the bottom done in ford blue, but he said maybe just blue stitching (due to not having any blue leather in stock)... any thoughts?

"08 XR6T Ute

Posted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:03 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

rightio, well i have finally started doing some interior things to my car... with more to follow soon i hope...

tuesday night was a long night (wednesday workday was even longer though lol)... went over to a mates and put these in.
waiting to get a sub box in, then we are planning to fit that out with the same led's. try and get a good blue glow up the back of the cab.

then on thursday, after a some boredom and finding a $20 note under the seat, i went to the wreckers for all this...
then today while i was waiting for my car to be ready (at ford for a warrranty job on some gaskets), got bored again and started on some interior re-colouring...
though after seeing them installed in the car, i think that they are 'too' blue... i need to find a vinyl dye that is closer to the background colour of the cluster... cause this blue from 3M is not even close.

"08 XR6T Ute

Posted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:10 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: ef falon + xk falcon

QLD, Australia

I was just thinking maybe you could run a coat of tail light tinter over the blue it might drop it down a few shades to match in ??? Just a thought

i hate it when its raining, makes my left foot slip off the clutch all the time

Posted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:36 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

Thought I was on to a winner, but still not right.. Looked like it had some grey in it. Can't win really...
So the next idea is to paint it with plastic primer and then what ever 3M paint that is called dark ford blue lol

"08 XR6T Ute

Posted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:49 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: BA XLS Ute

VIC, Australia

Should get something like this http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/FORD-FALCON- ... 230423e1df

Pricey, but would look sweet with the rest of your set up.

Posted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:12 am 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

Funny you mention that, if you have a look in one of the photos aboves, right on the edge, my steering wheel needs re-lining. So I was thinking I would get sections of it re-done in blue to go along with the theme. Also going to get the door cards redone too...
Basing the idea off a black and white themed au that was in a budget builde mag I have. Though of a*** where he is white, i am blue.

"08 XR6T Ute

Posted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:42 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

Need help for the best way to make a tray for my ute.

i vaguely know what i am doing with the actual fabrication of the tray, but i dont know how to do two things...
1- i need a jig or something for the mounts before i can even start. ash or low_ryda (or anyone else for that matter), any suggestions/help there?
i went to the wreckers this arvo, but they refuse to sell me the mounts for a duratray alloy tray they have there. so short of buying an alloy tray, no luck there... they have an ok looking BA ute there but from memory its a style side and i dont want to buy the whole thing, i dont have the room nor the money for it. i want to do it as cheaply as possible... any help?
2- wiring up the lights.
i was going to do the whole tray first, then put the lights in and wire something up and just do the final bits when i take the original style side off my ute... but i dont know what that something will be and what to expect really... is there anything there that i wouldnt be able to do in a sunday arvo/sunday day? lol

hoping to do the whole switch in a weekend, or preferably a day...
cheers for any suggestions/help...

"08 XR6T Ute

Posted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:18 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: 5.0 AU's and 5.0 Maverick

Power: 139 rwkw

NSW, Australia

The swap will take you a couple of hours max.
I bought Ash's old ute off him and removed the tray and refitted a ute tub.
Myself and 3 of the Sydney members got the change over all done in 2.5 hours and that was including the required Jacks Daniels , Pizza and s**t session.
You could do it the real easy way and buy the old tray off me!

xr6turnip wrote:
More people paid for a ride in a VT commodore then an AU Falcon so the VT is superior.
Based on that fact my Mum is the best around!

Posted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:40 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

Extremely tempting, but am looking for something a little more solid in appearance. Mine will need to be used for loads and want it to be easily maintained, so as good as ash's tray does look... Just doesn't suit what I need.
I would pay for a mock up on the ute mounts. So I can use it as a jig sorta thing... Any takers there? Lol

"08 XR6T Ute

Posted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:51 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

:D How bout swapping mine for you're tub ? or buying it lol

You're really not getting help here are you ? haha

I fabricated mine up on the back of the ute with the mig welder and battery connected after removing the old one. Then mounted that to the ally rails that came from the old tray (only thing I kept) only to find out that the dodgey McPhuk that put the last tray on never shimmed it up properly which is why it sat like a scud launcher. You will need about 40mm of packing at the rear from memory, and one in-between. I used hardwood.

Hope this helps.

Posted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:28 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: '96 EL Ford Fairmonth Ghia.

QLD, Australia

FordAUte wrote:

Thought I was on to a winner, but still not right.. Looked like it had some grey in it. Can't win really...
So the next idea is to paint it with plastic primer and then what ever 3M paint that is called dark ford blue lol

I have been looking for some vinyl dye; not very hard, but at least I know now one can purchase it from Autobarn or SupaCheap.

Posted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:05 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

you getting rid of yours low_ryda? i wouldnt say no if you werent asking for too much? :p

umm yeah help is few and far betweem, but i appreciate the suggestions by everyone. they may not neccesarily be what im after, but hopefully they help the next person that comes along with almost the same problem.

hmmm i would do it like that, would be the best way to ensure it all sits the way you want it to.

hmmm... *thinking* ... i know this would be a big f**k around, but this is the only way i can think of getting an 'accurate' jig to completely finsh the tray before i switch it over. i could take the tub off and mock up a 'tray' (basic frame that just goes around the 6 or 8 mounting pre-existing mounting points), then use that to make a mock up of the 'rails'... **this is confusing for me, hope you can understand what im saying** .. then use that 'rails' mock up to fabricate the complete tray.. then finally make the switch from tub to tray and do the final little bits of wiring to complete the job.

hmm im hoping someone other then me, thats you low_ryda lol, can understand what i mean by all that...

umm yeah Teknoslasher, IMHO if you are looking for a specific colour i would just head to your local paint shop and get it off them. they are alot more helpful, and usually cheaper. also the place i go to now does custom vinyl dyes, so i can get the exact colour im after finally and dont have to worry about if im wasting money on another can of paint that is NEARLY the right colour.

"08 XR6T Ute

Posted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:09 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

I always said I would sell it for the right price. However I think the time has come to part with the whole ute and being an xr6, I'd rather sell it with the tub back on. I obtained the genuine tub with the ute when I bought it, just not attatched, but a dispute seen it put in a scrap steel skip bin. Anyhoo I still had my last laugh but back on topic...
I'd probably rather swap than sell, I will still have to source xr rear kit.

I'll answer the tray mounting question in the ute mods thread so it's there for everyone.

Posted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:56 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

s**t aye, thats no good that it ended up in the steel skip... though sounds like you arent too distressed over the whole incident lol

hope you find a good tub to swap with, i'd offer mine but i wouldnt wish that upon you lol it needs a bit of TLC... :/

"08 XR6T Ute

Sort by  
 Page 5 of 10  [ 145 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next