'She Devil' AUII XR6 VCT Ute 

Page 1 of 10 [ 145 posts ] Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next

Post subject: 'She Devil' AUII XR6 VCT Ute
Posted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:50 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: "08 XR6T Ute

QLD, Australia

Well i think its about time i started a build thread, im hoping all the fun stuff is about to happen. though i just need somewhere to ask my stupid questions... and i hope this will be a good place.

The basic goal for my car will be a red and black design, with it being loosely tickford inspired. 'She Devil' came about from my last car...
Result of a very complicated story, but it was my X-girlfriend driving... hence 'she devil'.

well here is my car as of a couple of months ago with a few things that are on the car and things that i want to happen...
-The rims are factory optioned 17" alloys (heavily gutter rashed), I want to put BMW styled multi-spoke matte black 18/19" rims on the car, but just dont have the money.
-Standard ride height, but i want to get it all lowered. I am thinking of a pedders sports ryder kit, but i need to investigate all the options more. I dont know much about lowering cars.
-Standard XR body, but i want to change to a TS/TE50 bar/skirts/rear bumper, get rid of the sports bars and put a custom tray setup in with a hardcover. Also, if i have the money a custom AU BOSS bonnet.
-Also to go with the TS/TE50 front bar, i want to make up a custom air intake through the foglight ports with red LED halo's around the ports.
-2.5" exhaust, with a high flow cat and a set of tiger headers coming sometime this week if i can get the time to put the car into 'Men at Work' at Capalaba.
-I am currently in conversation with a place that does custom displays, i am thinking of getting the same design but instead of blue i want it to be tickford red. Also while i am installing that i would put a red LED light kit in.
-Also, i am struggling to find information/brands for this but i want to put a short throw shifting kit in this... but yeah... need more investigating.
-hmmm interior... sooo many options. But the plan for the moment is to get the middle sections of the seat re-upolstered to tickford red, redo the steering wheel with tickford red top and bottom, custom shift boot, recolouring all the pillar plastics to the same colour as the dash, relining the roof the same colour as the dash and in the process of installing red LED footwell lights.

then there are all the usual things...
sound system
-dual subs, amps, speakers, head unit, etc.
performance upgrades
-I am a P-Plater, so that is far from happening yet...
handling upgrades
-BA rotors/calipers
-suspension as above

hmm yeah thats all i can think of for the moment... but i hope i get some feed back on this...
i will follow up with some more details as i get quotes and the like. Also, if you have done some work with AU's please keep looking at my thread, as i will be asking some questions on here and hoping to get some answers...

thanks

"08 XR6T Ute

Post subject: Re: 'She Devil' AUII XR6 VCT Ute
Posted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:32 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: ba xr6

NSW, Australia

looks like a good starting point hopfully it will end up looking like a nice ute not a fan of the au but still a nice ute.

jake

Ba Xr6: running lpg lowed with super lows and a GME uhf!
Mods to come are: manual, leathers.

Posted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:43 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: AUII XR8 Pursuit & EF XR6

NSW, Australia

Gota love the AU's!! Jakes jelaous that a VCT auto and 5 litre manual will flog his BA all day anyday but none the less will be good to see what ideas you got modification wise.

- 1994 EF XR6, Auto, EL XR wheels. Clean and close to original ( Missus' Kiddie Chariot )
- 2001 AUII XR8 Pursuit ute, 5 speed, 18" alloys, custom tray. Goes alright!! lol

Posted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:57 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

Wow you may know some answer to questions for me...
Is there anything i can pick up from a pursuit for my car? Eg air intake (snorkel), upgraded brakes, etc. And what have you done with your tray? I want to do some mods to mine, but need to see what it takes to do it. I'm thinking a whole new custom subframe for the tub?

"08 XR6T Ute

Posted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:05 pm 
Tyre Shredder

NSW, Australia

You would be suprised but the only differences I can find with mine is added pieces under the bumper (skirts) and some fancy badges. Other than that pretty much the same. The previous owner had the tray custom built, lights and accessories are from the local truck spares and the timber is just your run of the mill hardwood decking.

Go the custom tray I reckon, im the only one in my area with a tray back XR8!

- 1994 EF XR6, Auto, EL XR wheels. Clean and close to original ( Missus' Kiddie Chariot )
- 2001 AUII XR8 Pursuit ute, 5 speed, 18" alloys, custom tray. Goes alright!! lol

Posted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:20 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

Well thats no fun... I was hoping I could find a wrecked pursuit and have a good salvage day. But apparently not... Maybe steal the tail gate badge lol

Well I was thinking custom style side... But tray back ideas are creeping into my head.
I wanted to put a custom set of draws and storage in the bottom then add a few speakers etc into it under a nice hardcover. But a few other little secrets are in planning...

"08 XR6T Ute

Posted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:29 pm 
Tyre Shredder

NSW, Australia

It annoyed me aswell to know there wasnt much going on with them but yeah s**t happens, it really all depends on what you use the car for, i rarely use mine as a ute and looks so good as is so fitted a tidy looking tool box underneath.

Ive managed to pick up a quick shifter for mine, $65 posted for the US, put chrome inner handles, leather stitched handbrake with chrome button, leather centre console lid. Just little things to jazz it up without going over the top. Now it needs more power :lol:

Posted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:03 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

Really like the sound of your pursuit. I want to do all those little things that make it a NICE ute... Rather than just a stock ute.

Hmmm... I want a shift kit, can you recommend brands etc. I have been struggling to find something other than one a friend of mine suggested.

"08 XR6T Ute

Posted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:09 pm 
Tyre Shredder

NSW, Australia

Just jump onto the US ebay and type in something relating Ford quickshift, heres the one I got for my ute

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/83-04-FO ... ccessories

Will work with Australias T5 gearboxes 6 or 8 which is great, for the price why not, people here going up and over the $200+ mark, and whose to prove they are better quality?? Im not complaining for the price

Posted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:23 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

Bolted straight on, no stuffing around/modifying?
Cause if so, I work in a machinist workshop. So if anything breaks or I want it stronger... Marine grade stainless steel short shifter CNC cut here I come...
And btw, good find... That is CHEAP!

"08 XR6T Ute

Posted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:52 am 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: ba xr6

NSW, Australia

well im not jelos of a au but you both have nice ute's lol but i can still mod mine to look even better! :)

Ba Xr6: running lpg lowed with super lows and a GME uhf!
Mods to come are: manual, leathers.

Posted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:29 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

rightio, so booked in for a new set of tiger headers and a 2.5" highflow metalcat on the 22nd of this month. so that should take care of a small misfiring problem im having. back pressure from a screwed cat. so yeah sooooo excited for a fully functioning ute.

"08 XR6T Ute

Posted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:23 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: Vixen Red 09 FG XT

QLD, Australia

FordAUte wrote:
rightio, so booked in for a new set of tiger headers and a 2.5" highflow metalcat on the 22nd of this month. so that should take care of a small misfiring problem im having. back pressure from a screwed cat. so yeah sooooo excited for a fully functioning ute.

Nice! Your ute looks great aye :D She will sound devilish once the exhaust is on mate :P :twisted:

VIXEN FG XT Previous best - 14.431 @ 99.69mph with minor mods
Currently 14.235 @ 101mph same mods. Bring on the 13's!

Posted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:39 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

Dropped it off this afternoon, pick it up tomorrow.. So we will see soon I guess.
Though can't go too hard on the old girl yet, popped the rear left on Saturday so time for new tyres now... So hopefully after that... And a good polish she will be running and looking good :)

"08 XR6T Ute

Posted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:06 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

NEW headers/cat are in the car now... sounds so much different and is a bit more responsive, though identified another problem... a valve could be ceased in the variable cam timing unit. so will have two new tyres, new oil, new filter and new VCT filter after a trip to the mechanic tomorrow arvo/night. so we will see how it is going by the end of the week.

"08 XR6T Ute

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 10  [ 145 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next