Fordmods Logo

skidder's (soon to be less) ugly manual irs AU 

Page 3 of 9 [ 133 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next

Post subject: Re: skidder's new car.
Posted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:40 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 1993 EB XR8

QLD, Australia

Let me know how it goes, because I have the same thing and I can't be bothered with the aerial yet

ILL60 - EF XR8, Sunroof, Ticky Kit, 19x8.5/19x11 TE37's, 347, AFr185's, TFS BoxRcustom converter, Hurst Quarterstick, huge billet cam.

OO0Y4 - BA2 XR6 Turbo, Nizpro Plenum, Process West stage 3 cooler, 4” dump, 3.5” exhaust, ID1000’s, ZF Auto - 11.8@116

Posted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:08 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: FG MkII Xr6t Ute

QLD, Australia

Okay question time; does anyone know how the power aerial switch works? As in does it supply power to it all the time radio is selected to keep it up or does it just supply a trigger for the motor when it is to go up or down?

I'm going to have to test it out with a multimeter when I pull the headunit out anyway, but am trying to brainstorm ideas before I get to that stage as for where I'm going to mount the switch (more importantly what type of switch I need so I can then figure the where part).

At the moment the most likely candidates are either volume steering controls (as I won't be using them) or preferably if I can use a simple type of switch to get a second demister button and fit it in the small oval panel below the original demister button (am I right in assuming there's no models with other buttons that fit in this panel?).

EVL098 wrote:
Cramping in the hand from having it on your Wang for an excessive period of time is a definate con.
Seriously do people google "f**k up modifications for Fords owned by Jews" and get linked straight to this site nowadays?

AU,factory fitted tickford kit/IRS, t5,Sports ryder/KYB: gone.

Posted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:40 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

Exciting update on my custom body work due to some useless (insert more profanities) c***. Pretty much rear bumper/skirt is f**k from where he hit, then the front grill/bumper/skirt/bonnet from where i was pushed into the car in front of me.

Thankfully for me the car in front was driven by an off duty cop so I have a witness to verify in case the s**t decides to try and deny it was his fault later. Will get pics up in a bit.

EVL098 wrote:
Cramping in the hand from having it on your Wang for an excessive period of time is a definate con.
Seriously do people google "f**k up modifications for Fords owned by Jews" and get linked straight to this site nowadays?

Posted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:56 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

Is teh boot floor bent? If so, I'd expect it to be written off

ILL60 - EF XR8, Sunroof, Ticky Kit, 19x8.5/19x11 TE37's, 347, AFr185's, TFS BoxRcustom converter, Hurst Quarterstick, huge billet cam.

OO0Y4 - BA2 XR6 Turbo, Nizpro Plenum, Process West stage 3 cooler, 4” dump, 3.5” exhaust, ID1000’s, ZF Auto - 11.8@116

Posted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 7:55 am 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

Will have a look when I get home from work today. Gotta wait for the douchebag to call his insurance and tell them he's had an accident though apparently, plus his phone is off now. If I can't get onto him by this arvo and his insurance doesn't say he's made a claim will be taking his details to the cops.

On the bright side, maybe now would be a good time to invest in a different grill. Are the ute ones a direct fit?

EVL098 wrote:

Posted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 3:26 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

Yeah, the only other one I would consider would be the hawk, but I was under the impression it only comes in fibreglass? Plus would prefer to keep genuine ford parts for this car.

EVL098 wrote:

Posted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:54 am 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/AU-FORD-FALCON-HAWK-STYLE-FIBREGLASS-GRILLE_W0QQitemZ230381706422QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAU_Car_Parts_Accessories?hash=item35a3d1dcb6&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

I have changed my mind though, saw a pic of a car with that one on it and wasn't a fan, so will be going with an egg crate if I find one on the cheap.

EVL098 wrote:

Posted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:00 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

Any news on this after the acco? Is it written off or getting repaired?

Posted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:37 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

I got a quote through one of my old mans mate's shop, which is an racq approved place (getting it done through racq insurance). They quoted $6900, although the assessor came today so they said that would go down as they pretty much replaced everything on the quote with new gear, some of which would end up being repaired instead. Gotta wait and see what the assessor has said which I will find out next week.

Was pretty shocked to find the rear tickford skirt (yes just the lower) was quoted at $1300 for a new one (includes painting and fitting though). f**k Fraud.

EVL098 wrote:

Posted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:14 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

Cheers, I'm keeping an eye on it, will have to see how the funds are looking in 4 days.

Found out my car is definately getting repaired, but they are screwing around with authorising it; have called them every day for the last 4 days asking if it has been done yet and my panel beater is just like WTF.

On a brighter side, the last of the gifts courtesy of my old car. No laughing at the welds on the cat - it was a gasless mig!

EVL098 wrote:

Last edited by skidder on Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Posted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 9:54 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

Okay I got my car back today and am stoked with the quality of the repairs (paint is awesome, a lot better than stock).

I have a problem however, it appears my battery has decided to die, probably due to sitting for 6 weeks at the panelbeaters waiting to be fixed. When I picked it up from the panelbeater up the coast it started OKAY, but when I say okay I mean considering it hadn't been driven in weeks. Also the low coolant warning was flashing, even though the coolant was full and looking clean as. I was driving it over to the auto eleccy and all of a sudden it stopped flashing (10 mins of driving).

So thinking that this may just be it not liking to have been sitting for weeks (after all temps/oil/coolant are all fine and is running well) I go back to friends up the coast (another 15mins of driving), turn the car off and again it doesn't start well. I then drive back from the coast (an hour), stop at a servo and fill up, go to start again and the power dies. I waited a few minutes and try again and it just starts (barely), and behold again the low coolant light flashing.

It then proceeded to drive home fine with low coolant flashing. Any ideas as to whether these could be related to just a dead battery and a dead sensor/forgotten earth during the repair?

EVL098 wrote:

Posted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:15 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: ford au

QLD, Australia

looks like a nice pick up there mate, if interested was at wacol wreckers other day and they had a s2 sr with full black interior for 500 bucks seemed everything was there

anyways have a good one

Daily Driver, Series 1 Au Forte

Quote:
Posted by Xcabbi, Does it slap or rattle? Rattle is more to do with timing chains and tensioners. Slap is more to do with lifters, rings, bearings or GENIII boat anchors

Posted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 2:54 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

Cheers for the heads up. I think I'm going to leave the interior for the moment, got a lot of money to spend on a holiday I have coming up.

Next things to be done will be stereo install and an exhaust when I get time (already got all the gear), and then lowering and an xr headlight conversion (ashcook's sold me).

Found out my battery has died, but will be heading back up the coast during the week to pick up the yellowtop outta my old car.

Where is the low coolant sensor? I thought it would have been on the overflow tank, yet it is nowhere to be seen (yet I have the low coolant light flashing in my car).

EVL098 wrote:

Posted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 12:21 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: ford au

QLD, Australia

there is no coolant sensor on a series 1 i dont think, my series one which is a feb 99 build dosent have one, but has the same light you have, when that light is on you need to add some coolant to it and it dissapears, i did that and has never come back, also lets tell no the coolant is low,

beats me where the sensor is

Daily Driver, Series 1 Au Forte

Quote:
Posted by Xcabbi, Does it slap or rattle? Rattle is more to do with timing chains and tensioners. Slap is more to do with lifters, rings, bearings or GENIII boat anchors

Posted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 5:47 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

Okay so got around to looking at installing my head unit this arvo. Which bracket am I supposed to use when I put it in? I am putting a single din pioneer headunit in. I was reading something about using one that came with the headunit, but I can't seem to find any other brackets (used the ones on stock headunit for last install).

I haven't got the pocket yet but will try and get one this week, from what I can see I need the pocket as there are no din mounting things in the car?

Cheers

edit: Okay so now I am thinking if I get the pocket I then attatch the brackets that were on the standard double din cd player? Is this correct?

EVL098 wrote:

Sort by  
 Page 3 of 9  [ 133 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next