Fordmods Logo

SLO247's EF Fairmont-Now with more Concordes 

Page 2 of 10 [ 147 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next

Post subject: Re: EF Fairmont Ghia
Posted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:15 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF Fairmont, XG Ute

Nah I doubt its an LSD. I'm thinking a 4.11 LSD. Whats involved with getting one built? Just custom gears? Will a diff joint supply an LSD centre? I have no idea..... All I know is it is going to cost alot, but should really wake it up.

Want it tinted and lowered first though...

Posted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:56 pm 
Getting Side Ways

can get used gears & LSD on ebay for under $600, then you gotta get quotes for someone to fit it, plus bearings.

yeah im thinking about 4.11's soon.... maybe... but i will defintely need LSD as well, which makes it more of an expensive exercise

with 3.73's im still getting 75kph out of 1st gear. With 4.11's it should take 1st gear to 60kph, then 2nd gear to 100kph.... exactly the ratios i want

Posted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 12:29 am 
Getting Side Ways

Thats roughly what I was thinking. What did your 3.73's come from? Was it from an EA?

Posted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 8:48 am 
Getting Side Ways

i have no idea, i bought them brand new for $500 from a diff shop

Posted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 1:37 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ah ok. So I can just buy new gears, and even swap the center later on. Hey wait thats what you did. LOL.

Cheers.

Posted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:48 pm 
Getting Side Ways

I took some photos today on the way back from Lunch. The new wheels are 16" CSA Prowlers. I'm very happy with them. What do you guys reckon?

Should have Frankieh's EF XR suspension going in it soon to drop it a bit. I Can't go very low due to my driveway. Once the wallet recovers from the wheels, I'll be getting dark tints. I still have NF Moulds sitting here to go on the doors, when I get around to it they will go on. I Also picked up a few bits from Simon L the other day, Another grille to make an FBT Replica and a LHF Window reg as its f**k. What a fun job :( On the upside, just won a complete Handbrake lever assembly with a Leather Handle and chrome button on Ebay for $26 :D

Also soon going to mount the amp for the stereo in the factory position hidden, and redo the amp wiring, and a few other little bits.

Posted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:12 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 27 images

Ride: 1995 EF Fairmont

New Zealand

Man that Dynamic white paint job, is very very dynamic :lol:

Its so f**k clean!! Nice and white hehe

Looks nice sitting on the 16" prowlers. I reckon 16's go well with the EF's. Once the EF XR suspension is in it should handle a bit better and look a lot better. The rear might still sit a little high though like they did from factory but will look a whole heap better than the ride height now :wink:

Money Talks, But All Mine Ever Says Is Goodbye
EF Fairmont - EFF111 Build Thread

Posted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:37 pm 
Getting Side Ways

KwikXR, you made my night. Thanks. :D

I don't mind if the back still sits a little high, as it is it struggles with my driveway so I'll make do with the XR height haha. Hopefully it will handle better, I just want less body roll. New shocks should stop the squeaking too.

As for being clean, its pretty straight, but a few little bits on the body give me the s**t. Still, its well above average from what I saw when shopping for one.

Thanks again :D

Post subject: Re: SLO247's EF Ghia-Finally new wheels....
Posted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 5:25 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 34 images

Ride: BF MK11 XR 6 TURBO ZF 6spd

Power: 225 rwkw

NSW, Australia

looks like my old white ef fairmont before i started modding it... :lol:

Post subject: Re: SLO247's EF Ghia-Finally new wheels....
Posted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:42 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Well it is a white EF, so I guess it does :P

Post subject: Re: SLO247's EF Ghia
Posted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:42 am 
Getting Side Ways

I had a present waiting for me when I (eventually) got up this morning.

Although I didn't realise, there is a bonus to getting the whole thing. It turns out that the bottom boot is leather too, which I didn't know. Looks like it will be easier to just swap the whole thing into my car, so I'll have to go find a T50 Bit to take the seat out. I'll have a look at it soon.

Also got this the other day when I met Simon L.

The window reg is proving to be a nightmare, I bought my own Centre Punches to do the rivets but they aren't budging, so I took to mangling them with the drill. I'll get there. Until then I have to listen to the reg crunching away.

With the grille, how do I pull the black insert out? I wan't to steal the Ford badge off it and mesh the centre to make an FBT style one....

I also met EBTickford2 (Josh) on Sat night, he came and bought my Ghia Wheels. Hes a very nice guy, and If you are reading this, hurry up and get some pics up here! His car is coming along well. We had some fun when his mate got his VR stuck on my driveway....

Posted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:17 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: EF II Ghia

NSW, Australia

The grill just pops out, I think it should pop out frontwards...
And I think you can shove a flat blade screw driver in from the back somewhere in a few tab's or something... there is a real easy trick to it, took me about 10 mins trying to get it out to work out that it only needs a screw driver wedged in in some points.

I only did it a few weeks ago, and I've already just about forgotten how I did it lol :s

EDIT: and what is an FBT grill? if you got a link to a pic that would be good :P

Posted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:40 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Just going to find the closest mesh I can, and mount the badge back in the middle. Don't know how to get the chrome around the edge, so It wont be exact, but similar. FordFairmont did a similar thing but polished his outer grille.

I'll have a crack at pulling the center out later, I just washed it so its drying now.

JWM, whats next for yours?

Posted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:14 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 27 images

Ride: 1995 EF Fairmont

New Zealand

The FBT grill is quite nice. Id love to make one up for my Fairmont but im a bit puzzled as to how id get that chrome strip thing around the mesh

To remove the insert from the Fairmont grill, you'll see 4 little tabs (iirc? lol) along the top of where the insert sits. Push the 4 tabs in then it should just pop right out, the top will come out first as the tabs for the bottom hold in in place. Took me a while to seperate mine when i polished my grill surround cause the tabs are a pretty tight fit but it'll come out eventually :wink:

Money Talks, But All Mine Ever Says Is Goodbye
EF Fairmont - EFF111 Build Thread

Posted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 3:18 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Thanks KWIKXR. I just noticed the grille I have sitting here has a grey insert, while the one on the car has a black insert. I think Ghias had the black insert and a plain Fairmont had the grey.

Anyway, I just put these NF door moulds on to match the Indicator ones. I like them.

As you can see in the picture, it needs to be dropped at the back. I can't go very low however because of my driveway. Frankieh has sent me these out of an EF XR, so it should be sitting alot nicer soon.

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 10  [ 147 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next