Page 6 of 8 [ 108 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post subject: Re: taxi's twin turbo eb
Posted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:07 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: 5.0 AU's and 5.0 Maverick

Power: 139 rwkw

NSW, Australia

If you were to go the LPG route you wouldnt go anything less then the injection.
Pricy but so worth it.
Best thing we ever did to the missus's car.

xr6turnip wrote:
More people paid for a ride in a VT commodore then an AU Falcon so the VT is superior.
Based on that fact my Mum is the best around!

Posted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:09 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: 5.0 AU's and 5.0 Maverick

Power: 139 rwkw

NSW, Australia

Way around the emission issue but is to put the twin turbo's onto a standard falcon motor but have no wastegate springs fitted.
It will then pass the emissions ok with the correct tune because the internals are what already works.
Then just put the good motor back in and do an engine number change. Ive done it before and the engine number does not have to match the engineers papers just the chassis number.
Hardly your fault the motor it was engineered with died!

xr6turnip wrote:
More people paid for a ride in a VT commodore then an AU Falcon so the VT is superior.
Based on that fact my Mum is the best around!

Posted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:13 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: Ed v8 fairmont wagon, wr450f

Power: 137 rwkw

ashcook wrote:
If you were to go straight LPG, what system would you use? I know very little about turbo's and would think a venturi system would be too restrictive yeah?

I havent thought about it ash just throwing some idea's around...

phill

Posted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:23 pm 
Getting Side Ways

EVL098 wrote:
Way around the emission issue but is to put the twin turbo's onto a standard falcon motor but have no wastegate springs fitted.
It will then pass the emissions ok with the correct tune because the internals are what already works.
Then just put the good motor back in and do an engine number change. Ive done it before and the engine number does not have to match the engineers papers just the chassis number.
Hardly your fault the motor it was engineered with died!

I said that to blacktrack tuner and thinks that might work,ive got a spare 4L and auto kicking around but you cant go to lean as thats bad on the emission test too..

phill

Posted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:02 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Bit more progess today,removed all the air con gear out,pump,lines etc as it was missing parts and had cut hose's.Picked up my new 3 row 40mm radiator and fitted it and just started wiring up ef thermo's.Mounted another tranny cooler up as one wasnt enough for the auto with the stally....

phill

Posted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:53 pm 
Getting Side Ways

All good things happened today, been waiting for tranny cooler zip tie's to turn up and they finally got here so i could finish fitting up the front mount back up.I redone the catch can set up as it was set up wrong.I spent a fair bit time making new heat shields for the turbos but mainly around the fire wall and the brake booster but made turbo housing covers and manifold shields as well.

Im going to put a hotter thermostat in as its only getting up to 82 degress but will see what happens once i drive it with some boost going thru it...better get to bed got to go sydney to newcastle twice with 2 falcon coupe's on so big day coming up...

phill

Posted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:38 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: ea twin turbo 6

NSW, Australia

Hi Phill
I had some fun with it when I owned it. Did you buy it from the guy in Campbelltown? I just put the diff in it before I sold it as the previous one was screaming. It had really long rear springs in it when I got it and the exhaust kept hitting the diff. I put the current springs in it. The box could not deal with more than 7psi when I had it on the dyno. I should put a pic up of my current twin turbo. Talk about lag! A bit of gas should do the trick. Anyone got a C4 as it's shagged three T5's and 2 exedy clutches and I'm just cruising.

Mehmet

Posted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 4:25 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: EB2 Ghia,Mighty Boy,Eb1 Xr8 5spd

VIC, Australia

It's been an interesting thread to follow.

I thought for emissions testing it was best to run between 13 & 14.2:1 afr for passing the test and not too much ethanol in your fuel. I've been reading up as much as i can on the topic of late.

I'm having a big hassle trying to get accurate info in regards to emissions testing for a project i'm working on. Turbo & EFI conversion on my 1986 Mighty Boy ute. I might have to go to straight lpg injection to get around a hugely expensive test, if i can find a gas joint willing to build & compliance such an install.

Cheers

ToranaGuy

I am the ToranaGuy!|74 Lh Torana Turbo|78 Hz PanelVan|86 Mighty Boy Ute|93 EB2 Ghia,GT Mockup,5spd,LPGI,Full Leather|2 x EB Xr8 5spd's|FS [VIC]: Wrecking - Eb XR8 - Parts available |Build Thread|Ebay Items - Ford Parts|

Posted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:55 am 
Getting Side Ways

msina69 wrote:
Hi Phill
I had some fun with it when I owned it. Did you buy it from the guy in Campbelltown? I just put the diff in it before I sold it as the previous one was screaming. It had really long rear springs in it when I got it and the exhaust kept hitting the diff. I put the current springs in it. The box could not deal with more than 7psi when I had it on the dyno. I should put a pic up of my current twin turbo. Talk about lag! A bit of gas should do the trick. Anyone got a C4 as it's shagged three T5's and 2 exedy clutches and I'm just cruising.

Mehmet

Yeah i bought it from young p-plater at campbelltown but i spoke to you when you had it for sale, who was going to engineer it for you ?? as im keen for this to happen without having to put lpg on it....

phill

Posted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:00 am 
Getting Side Ways

ToranaGuy wrote:
It's been an interesting thread to follow.

I thought for emissions testing it was best to run between 13 & 14.2:1 afr for passing the test and not too much ethanol in your fuel. I've been reading up as much as i can on the topic of late.

I'm having a big hassle trying to get accurate info in regards to emissions testing for a project i'm working on. Turbo & EFI conversion on my 1986 Mighty Boy ute. I might have to go to straight lpg injection to get around a hugely expensive test, if i can find a gas joint willing to build & compliance such an install.

Cheers

ToranaGuy

Mine is about 12:1 at idle and without driving it just giving it a rev is 15:1-16.7:1 but will take it for a drive in the morning and see what it tells me...

phill

Posted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:24 am 
Fordmods Newbie

NSW, Australia

When I had it on the Hills Motorsport dyno they said it was miles rich and had heaps of retard. They reckoned it was good for 300KW with some ignition and less fuel but box could not cope.

Posted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:24 am 
Getting Side Ways

msina69 wrote:
When I had it on the Hills Motorsport dyno they said it was miles rich and had heaps of retard. They reckoned it was good for 300KW with some ignition and less fuel but box could not cope.

cool,micks motorsport done a tune after you sold it to the young bloke and it made 221kw or 296hp at the tyres on 7psi and it runs sweet as now but i want more so 12psi tune is on after i get the box done.You will have to do a garage topic on your twin turbo ea :D ...

phill

Posted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:39 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: EB2 Ghia,Mighty Boy,Eb1 Xr8 5spd

VIC, Australia

taxi 5L wrote:
Mine is about 12:1 at idle and without driving it just giving it a rev is 15:1-16.7:1 but will take it for a drive in the morning and see what it tells me...

phill

That looks a bit too rich at idle & a bit on the lean side when you give it a rev.

Cheers

ToranaGuy

I am the ToranaGuy!|74 Lh Torana Turbo|78 Hz PanelVan|86 Mighty Boy Ute|93 EB2 Ghia,GT Mockup,5spd,LPGI,Full Leather|2 x EB Xr8 5spd's|FS [VIC]: Wrecking - Eb XR8 - Parts available |Build Thread|Ebay Items - Ford Parts|

Posted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:03 pm 
Getting Side Ways

ToranaGuy wrote:
taxi 5L wrote:

phill

That looks a bit too rich at idle & a bit on the lean side when you give it a rev.

Cheers

ToranaGuy

Took it for run today and its about 11.5-13:1 under full load and 14-15 while at idle it does hate the heat its pretty warm up here today..its spiking 9 psi and coming down to just under 8 so will take a little bit more boost back out of it on the tee.Where does a microtech gets it air temp from as it was telling me 50 deg today and after it run down for 2-3 minutes it dropped down to 42 deg....

phill

Posted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:52 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

NSW, Australia

A friend of mine knows an engineer at Sussex Inlet who travels up to Wollongong. I'll see if he will do it for you. I still have the monster tach for your car somewhere in the shed.

I used to love sitting in traffic at 80k's and nailing it. It used to go sideways and the other drivers would s**t!!

I'll take some pics of my other heap and post it. Need another GT bodykit as the one I have is shagged. Needed the GT bar to hide the cooler. It runs twin TO4E's with external gates. It loves the lpg though!! Can run 15psi no problem.

Sort by  
 Page 6 of 8  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next