Fordmods Logo

The Boat. It should of been stripped............ 

Page 5 of 27 [ 404 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 27  Next

Post subject: Re: Ahoy Captain!!!! The Boat. 95 NF Fairlane 5.0
Posted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:27 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: 5.0 AU's and 5.0 Maverick

Power: 139 rwkw

NSW, Australia

XFWAGON wrote:
EVL098 wrote:
Just a cap and rotor set for the standard TFI dizzy. Also grabbed the Blaster TFI coil. Got 2 lots so the XR8 will be getting a birthday too...........................
Next on the list will be MSD leads , but I had a brnad new set of topguns so used them at the moment. Also have to get myself a MSD 6AL control box. They now do a patch lead that is a direct over the counter item to hook it straight into the EEC5 and TFI ignition on Fords. Totally plug and play.

How much did the cap and rotor set you back? And where did you get it? I'm after both, as mine are shagged and i don't want to just replace it with the same items, but new.

Cap and rotor cost me $58 aussie and I got them from rocket industries.
Will getthe part number for you tomorrow.
It will be heaps cheaper for you but to order it from Summit in the states.

xr6turnip wrote:
More people paid for a ride in a VT commodore then an AU Falcon so the VT is superior.
Based on that fact my Mum is the best around!

Posted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:51 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Took the boat for a run down to Mogo today.
600km return trip and had two HUGE issues.
The power steering fluid needed topping up.
I also somehow managed to snap the knob off my headlight switch. Need to track another one of them down.
All in all , pretty damn happy with it. Am taking it up to Ashcooks tomorrow to grab a bit or two and have just bought a set of extractors for it so things are looking sweet.

xr6turnip wrote:
More people paid for a ride in a VT commodore then an AU Falcon so the VT is superior.

Posted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:13 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Cheers that would be good. My dainty little fingers tre not much good at turning the lights on and off with no knob.
Yeah the rack ends have a slight leak that has develloped. I have never checked the fluid before. Who knows it may have always been low. Topped it up and all was fine.
Nah the XR had a rest today. Didnt want to take a nice tidy car down to get covered in roadwork stone chips , dead bugs and all the muck from the roadworks going on down that way.
Just got a crappy set of Advance Tri Y's off flea bay. $185 delivered. They are by no means great but would have to be pretty bad to be worse then the standard thumb in bums on it.
Will buy a nice new set in the future once I decide how far the motor will go when it gets tickled. No point in buying a brand new set now and finding out in 18 months time they will not work and I need another set.

xr6turnip wrote:

Posted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:29 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: EB1 Fairmont Ghia T5 Wagon

NSW, Australia

NF would have a black headlight switch and NL a grey one.

If you have a grey one Ash, I broke my one, and am using a black one for now.

Can do a swapsie or I prob have other spare black ones that you can have Matt regardless.

Cheers
BenJ

BenJ's EB T5 DOHC Ghia Wagon - Current Ride
BenJ's EB GL Sedan - Previous Ride
My respect and thanks go to - snap0964, Paulmac, SWC and MRE-50L

Posted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:45 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Cheers guys.
Im not too fussed about the colour of my knob providing I can turn it without it falling off.
Waiting for the comments that above is worthy of.............................. :mrgreen:

xr6turnip wrote:

Posted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:26 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 15 images

Ride: BA Ford Fairlane V8

NSW, Australia

Just a quick heads up re Advance Headers.

I've seen dyno charts with 'certain' engines fitted with Advance headers out performing motors with recognised brand name headers/extractors. Under-rated is what I'm being told.

Interested in a fair go for the Hunter-New England area of NSW?

Posted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:12 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

banarcus wrote:
Just a quick heads up re Advance Headers.

I've seen dyno charts with 'certain' engines fitted with Advance headers out performing motors with recognised brand name headers/extractors. Under-rated is what I'm being told.

Cheers Mark. Its good to hear some positive information about them.
Once they get here I will fit them up and then drive it over to the exhaust place to get the rest of it sorted out.
Shold be fun.

xr6turnip wrote:

Posted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:55 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 27 images

Ride: 1995 EF Fairmont

New Zealand

ashcook wrote:
I'd be worried if you turn your knob too far and it changes colour at all. Appreciate your knob, be gentle with it. Whether its black or grey, I'm sure your knob will be fine. :lol: :lol:

Hahaha had to laugh at that one :lol:

Nice Lane you have there EVL098, looks smart on those AU rims. Should be sounding a bit sweeter when then headers go on and you get the rest of the exhaust knocked up.

Looking forward to seeing your progress on the boat, seems like it's coming along nicely :wink:

Money Talks, But All Mine Ever Says Is Goodbye
EF Fairmont - EFF111 Build Thread

Posted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:01 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: EB1 Fairmont Ghia T5 Wagon

NSW, Australia

LOL.

Ash, thank you for finding your knob and checking it's compatibility with My and Evil's knobs.

Your knob is obviously of a different design, but as long as it functions as intended on the correct shaft, then all is good in the world.

Evil, I will check my spare knobs and see if I can find something to replace your faulty knob, so your fingers can grip and twist it properly, which should result in things turning on as required.

Cheers
BenJ

BenJ's EB T5 DOHC Ghia Wagon - Current Ride
BenJ's EB GL Sedan - Previous Ride
My respect and thanks go to - snap0964, Paulmac, SWC and MRE-50L

Posted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:45 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Well thankyou guys for your ongoing concern for my knob.
I shall report back here once the issue of my knob is resolved. I can even include broken and nice new knob pictures if you wish , but I suspect I will get a little holiday from the forum if I do..........
On other non knob related news I got my 3.45 centre from Ashcook today and because it was hot even managed to drink his beers. :mrgreen:

As soon as I got home it was out with the airtools and I had the centre stripped down in about 11 minutes flat. So now I have a nice 3.45 crownwheel and pinion to go onto my hemisphere which will be getting the locker fitted to it.
Have a flexi day tomorrow so will get up early and see what the diff shop has booked in. It is their first day back at work for the year so I am really hoping if I get it there early enough they wont have a full day booked and they will be able to slip me in , broken knob and all.

Also who knows where the power supply to the ABS module is? I want to fit a relay to it to turn the ABS off when the line locker is engaged as I can see all sorts of issues arising from the front tone wheels sending "im not moving signals" while the rear wheels are sending "im moving really fast" signals in the middle of a burnout. With my luck I can see the ABS either having an internal hemerage and blowing up or releasing the front brakes mid doughnut and sending me speering off into a wall......................that would be most uncool and I would look like a real d***head.

xr6turnip wrote:

Posted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:57 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Yeah mate it all looked pretty good once it was apart. A very very minor burr on one gear on the pinion but nothing that I can see will cause an issue.
Yep fingers crossed they have nothing much on and can and are happy to do it.
Good call on the extra beers. You have to keep your fluids up in this heat.

xr6turnip wrote:

Posted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:00 pm 

Ride: AU XR8

NSW, Australia

EVL098 wrote:

Also who knows where the power supply to the ABS module is? I want to fit a relay to it to turn the ABS off when the line locker is engaged as I can see all sorts of issues arising from the front tone wheels sending "im not moving signals" while the rear wheels are sending "im moving really fast" signals in the middle of a burnout. With my luck I can see the ABS either having an internal hemerage and blowing up or releasing the front brakes mid doughnut and sending me speering off into a wall......................that would be most uncool and I would look like a real d***head.

afaik the factory relay should be under the radiator header tank..

i found out on new years eve that burnouts with brakes and abs can be scary..lol
after about 30 odd foot of black lines the front brakes released enough to near launch me into a fence..lol.. then the abs light cam on until i re started the car... must have confused the f**k out of it.. :lol:

Posted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:11 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

TROYMAN wrote:
EVL098 wrote:

afaik the factory relay should be under the radiator header tank..

i found out on new years eve that burnouts with brakes and abs can be scary..lol
after about 30 odd foot of black lines the front brakes released enough to near launch me into a fence..lol.. then the abs light cam on until i re started the car... must have confused the f**k out of it.. :lol:

Thanks mate I will have a poke around and see if I can bypass it by disabling that relay when the line lock is activated.
The exact issue you had is what Im a bit worried about happening.

xr6turnip wrote:

Posted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:14 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

ashcook wrote:
EVL098 wrote:
Yeah mate it all looked pretty good once it was apart. A very very minor burr on one gear on the pinion but nothing that I can see will cause an issue.
Yep fingers crossed they have nothing much on and can and are happy to do it.
Good call on the extra beers. You have to keep your fluids up in this heat.

Good stuff! That boat should have two props before too long. :lol:

Am thinking about another beer? Its still hot, makes sense. :wink:

Well you would have had that beer already while I was out mowing the back jungle oops I mean lawn. Found a rhino , a small elephant , a couple of pygmies and some Indian dude saying he was from Telstra customer service?
Told the rest to move on and threw the indian over the back fence with a firm slap across the head. Im guessing Ill be on the Indian news tomorrow night as racist.

xr6turnip wrote:

Posted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:16 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: Ed v8 fairmont wagon, wr450f

Power: 137 rwkw

I go away for 5 days and this thing is going to flog my poor old stock xh now :shock: ,looks like you made alot a few changes to it and in the right places too....

phill

Sort by  
 Page 5 of 27  [ 404 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 27  Next