Fordmods Logo

The hybrid EB build, DOHC xr6, ba interior and a el xr front 

Page 10 of 34 [ 505 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 34  Next

Post subject: Re: The hybrid EB build, DOHC xr6, ba interior and a el xr front
Posted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:16 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: SF5 Forester

NSW, Australia

smithykicks85 wrote:
nicco wrote:
enjoy the v8s? where did you set up camp to watch the racing?

Mate the v8's were unreal. We were up on grand stand 11 with a good view of the shakane. I was blown away with the set up they had. Iam definetly making the trip up to Townsville every year for it. Also iam happy to see a few e series GT's in there little car show they had. Where were you camped at? Also good to see a Ford break it in with a win.

Should come to bathurst AWESOME!! imo

R.I.P Tobias my son.

Posted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:21 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: EB

ACT, Australia

WOW Buddy thats insane!!!

Ive just stumbled accross your thread while looking up things for my BA dash conversion! If you need any help with doing the BA engine conversion have a look at my thread on boostedfalcon, ill be happy to answer anything.

http://www.boostedfalcon.net/viewtopic. ... &start=520

Regards
Dj

MY BA DOHC POWERED EB
http://www.boostedfalcon.net/viewtopic.php?f=3&p=37346

Posted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:20 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: EF Falcon

QLD, Australia

smithykicks85 wrote:
nicco wrote:
enjoy the v8s? where did you set up camp to watch the racing?

Mate the v8's were unreal. We were up on grand stand 11 with a good view of the shakane. I was blown away with the set up they had. Iam definetly making the trip up to Townsville every year for it. Also iam happy to see a few e series GT's in there little car show they had. Where were you camped at? Also good to see a Ford break it in with a win.

sorry i didnt reply sooner. we had a couple of places we wtched from over the weekend, the best two were on the in field at turns 5 and 6 on the little shikane, and between 10 and 11 (hairpin) on the infield. they were both great places to stand. i put a few photos up in the off topic forum from there too.

and yeah, the EL GTs were nice... one was for sale...

:lol:

and yeah, whincup and courtney both did well.

Nicco's M112 Blown, T-56 equipped EF
forums/viewtopic.php?t=68319

Posted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 9:08 am 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: 1992 EB hybrid monster

QLD, Australia

Just a bit of a progress report. I know iv been a little slack lately but i needed a little break from the car. Now Iam back on track, heres what i got done last night, (the photo quality is terrible thow). Heres the car up on the hoist, just checking the body underneath and sanding the quarter pannel:

Body filler is put i and smoothed out:

And final shot of the prime up:

The body is nearly done, and iv picked up my 17 inch BA XR wheels. (photos will be up soon). Iam hoping to do a write up on repairing mag wheels on here in the next week. Theres not to much left to do besides sanding it all down, so keep an eye out for the paint job shortly.

Also thanks for the comment revhead_88, theres no doubt i will need some advice with the engine and wirring when the time comes.

Thanks viewers.

Weapon of choice, EB shell with a EL XR front powered by a BA engine.

BUILD THREAD: commercial-sponsors-forum-f53/the-hybrid-eb-build-dohc-xr6-ba-interior-and-a-el-xr-front-t77902.html

Posted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:55 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: el fairmont ghia

QLD, Australia

how this going simthy?

Muts EL Fairmont Ghia
did someone call 9 1 HOLY s**t?

Posted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:56 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

mitchell g wrote:
how this going simthy?

Yeah how is it going young smithy?

R.I.P Tobias my son.

Posted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:17 pm 
Stock as a Rock

QLD, Australia

Froudey wrote:
mitchell g wrote:
how this going simthy?

Hey there, yes its half sanded down and nearly ready for paint. Should be going in the booth next week end. i know i havent been up to date with whats going on as I have been struggling with the BA trims to fit the back doors. I pretty much destroyed my 2 back doors trying to fit my Au-BF inner skins, so i have got 2 2nd hand doors to replace them and have begun cleaning them up. I wasnt satisfied with the gaps i was left between the door and trim and also it sat a little funny at the back. So what i have decided to do is.... put the ba dash in,keep the 2 front doors customised to fit the BA trims and keep the back doors stock and add EL door trims and get them re trimed to colour match with the fronts. Also i still havent gotten around to fixing my mags up as iv wasted to much time trying to figure out the back doors. However on to more news i have purchased some BA XR seats and they should arrive off the truck next week. Keep patient follow readers as im not to far off from putting this beast back together. Thanks readers.

BUILD THREAD: commercial-sponsors-forum-f53/the-hybrid-eb-build-dohc-xr6-ba-interior-and-a-el-xr-front-t77902.html

Posted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:25 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

smithykicks85 wrote:
Froudey wrote:
mitchell g wrote:
how this going simthy?

Hey there, yes its half sanded down and nearly ready for paint. Should be going in the booth next week end. i know i havent been up to date with whats going on as I have been struggling with the BA trims to fit the back doors. I pretty much destroyed my 2 back doors trying to fit my Au-BF inner skins, so i have got 2 2nd hand doors to replace them and have begun cleaning them up. I wasnt satisfied with the gaps i was left between the door and trim and also it sat a little funny at the back. So what i have decided to do is.... put the ba dash in,keep the 2 front doors customised to fit the BA trims and keep the back doors stock and add EL door trims and get them re trimed to colour match with the fronts. Also i still havent gotten around to fixing my mags up as iv wasted to much time trying to figure out the back doors. However on to more news i have purchased some BA XR seats and they should arrive off the truck next week. Keep patient follow readers as im not to far off from putting this beast back together. Thanks readers.

I'll be fuct.... He's still here :P.. Good stuff glad that you are progressing with it, as i have said can't wait to see a final product.

These gaps how big were they?

R.I.P Tobias my son.

Posted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:35 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: EF Falcon XT-T

VIC, Australia

you're letting the back doors beat you?
its been done before, there must be a way!

FALCN6 - EF GLi Turbo, 20" Rims, Air Bag Suspension, Straight LPG, 225rwkw
DTHWGN - EA GL Wagon, LTD Interior, Satin Black, 5.0, Turbo
RACER - EF Futura , 5.0, 5 Speed
PROJECT - 83 Thunderbird, Lowered, 18" Billet Wheels
DAILY - BA Fairmont Ghia 5.4 3V

Posted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:20 pm 
Stock as a Rock

QLD, Australia

EFFalcon wrote:
you're letting the back doors beat you?
its been done before, there must be a way!

yeah i think iam going to let the back doors go. As Iam having very tight gaps where the glass slides up the rails, the trim sits like s&*t house when its on and the door shut, (if this makes sense to any one) i have had to slightly bend the AU-BF inner skin to fit the EB door, so the trim has gaps in the middle of it. Ill take some pics of what the trim looks like on the weekend and will post them asap and maybe you guys may have a idea. Its a bumber about the back, but i think ill end up putting the EL trims on. Any ways ill supply pics as promised.

Posted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:59 pm 
Stock as a Rock

QLD, Australia

Hello readers, heres some progress pics to keep yous all updated. This is where I got up to this sarvy, the 2 quarter pannels, beaver pannel, boot lid and rear bar are just about complete and ready for paint. Its been a slow process, as iv blocked the pannels with 180, then 240, then used an orbital sander to feather it out, first with 320 then finished off with 500. Iam really happy with the out come so far, havent had any high or low spots or any surprises like pin holes. Any ways, iam going in tomorrow to hopefully get the roof and bonnet knocked over. Also ill post some pics up of the back doors. O and paint day will (fingers crossed) next FRIDAY. Iam really hoping to have it done by then, If I end up being a bit behind ill take a day or 2 off to catch up. But Iv got help from my missus to sand it down, so it should be all good for friday.

Heres the front bar with a guide coat on it, ready for its final sand:

Heres one of the quarters, iv sprayed a fine coat of DP40 in any areas where metal may be seen, Just seals it from the weather and surface rust:

And a shot of the rear bar, try and get some better shots of it tomorrow:

Thanks readers, carnt wait for next Friday, hopefully it comes out sweet. Cheers

Posted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:11 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: DENTED UP OLD AUT WAGON

New Zealand

Good stuff matey. Sorry to hear about the rear doors not really happening for you. What was the Boosted Brother saying about it being done before?.....

Hey - Maybe you could get a happy compromise going on by recovering the EF/EL rear door trims with material to match your BA door inserts / seats etc etc..... All good, have you written a complete technical document on the BA engine install yet?!!!

Thanks to your inspiration my car loves its new black engine bay. Cheers for showing me how easy it could be!!! Suppose I should take the rear plastic off and start prepping it too... Sigh.

Posted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:20 pm 
Stock as a Rock

QLD, Australia

fiend wrote:
Good stuff matey. Sorry to hear about the rear doors not really happening for you. What was the Boosted Brother saying about it being done before?.....

Hey - Maybe you could get a happy compromise going on by recovering the EF/EL rear door trims with material to match your BA door inserts / seats etc etc..... All good, have you written a complete technical document on the BA engine install yet?!!!

Thanks to your inspiration my car loves its new black engine bay. Cheers for showing me how easy it could be!!! Suppose I should take the rear plastic off and start prepping it too... Sigh.

Yeah I was going to trim and colour match the EL trims to match the BA trims and interior. Should be an eazy process. No probs with the inspiration there fiend. As for the BA engine ill do a technical document up as iam wanting to hide all the wirring and relocate the computer so its out of site. Iam wanting to keep the engine bay as clean as possible. Thanks for your comments fiend, will post more info either Saturday or Sunday night. Cheers

Posted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 6:55 pm 
Stock as a Rock

QLD, Australia

Hey all, just some progress shots of what I got done today. Got the bonnet, roof, boot lid, quarters, beaver and both bumper bars now done. No work will be done tomorrow as Iam taken the day off to go up to Bowen for a quick day holiday. But every night this week will be full on. Heres some photos.

Posted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 2:49 pm 
Stock as a Rock

QLD, Australia

After a massive week of staying back at work every night to get the car all ready heres the final out come.

Heres it masked up in the booth:

Ground coat:

Base coat:

First coat:

Finished Product:

Iam to happy with the finished product, the only pannels that didnt get painted were boot lid, boot garnish and the 2 drivers side doors but they will go in the booth in the following week. I have to thank several people for the paint and body, Thanks to CJ for painting it, Scotty, Steve, Tobby and Kell for helping me sand and repair the body.

The car will be towed back to my car port hopefully early next week. Very shortly ill be dropping the engine in and fitting the car up. Ill post some pics of the car when its in the sun so you can see the peral come out in the paint. Cheers readers.

Sort by  
 Page 10 of 34  [ 505 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 34  Next