Fordmods Logo

The hybrid EB build, DOHC xr6, ba interior and a el xr front 

Page 22 of 34 [ 505 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 ... 34  Next

Post subject: Re: The hybrid EB build, DOHC xr6, ba interior and a el xr front
Posted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:53 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: LV XR5T

NSW, Australia

ooh i've seen something similar done before. I think it was an LJ torana. The torrie was a V8 (not sure on capacity) and was twin turbo which fed into a roots blower i think.. i beleive it was in Street machine a year or so back. i have a feeling it was either a light aqua or orange

i know that's quite different to a straight DOHC 6, but just proves it can work... and it looks mean

do it!

Previous -
EL XR8 - Navy, 5.0, coilovers, custom twin 2.25" exhaust
EL Fairmont Ghia - Heritage, V8, Coilovers, leather, elec seat, sunroof, Ticky kit, EL XR front, dual fuel, EL GT's, custom twin exhaust
2011 Fiesta LX

Current -
LV XR5T

Posted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:15 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: EB1 Fairmont Ghia T5 Wagon

NSW, Australia

I don't see the point of using a turbo and a centrifugal super charger together as they both produce boost from mid to high revs.

If you can set up a rootes type blower and a turbo then that would make sense as the rootes blower would produce boost from 0 to say, 2500rpm and then the turbo would take over etc.

I wouldn't complicate it more than necessary to begin with.

My suggestion would be BA Turbo gear. Even a stock setup would produce more than enough go for a streeter, and there are plenty of go fast bits around if you want more.

Cheers
BenJ

BenJ's EB T5 DOHC Ghia Wagon - Current Ride
BenJ's EB GL Sedan - Previous Ride
My respect and thanks go to - snap0964, Paulmac, SWC and MRE-50L

Posted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:34 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA Falcon XR8

WA, Australia

BenJ wrote:
My suggestion would be BA Turbo gear. Even a stock setup would produce more than enough go for a streeter, and there are plenty of go fast bits around if you want more.

Very much in agreeance to this comment, it will save a whole lot of headaches and is so simple to implement. As was mentioned, there is HEAPS of aftermarket gear available for the DOHC engines.

Posted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:38 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: EF Falcon XT-T

VIC, Australia

BenJ wrote:
I don't see the point of using a turbo and a centrifugal super charger together as they both produce boost from mid to high revs.

Agreed completely.

BA Turbo setup for sure.
may not be as original, but its tried and tested and the results are fantastic.
Much more potential in the BA turbo setup then a Raptor also.

FALCN6 - EF GLi Turbo, 20" Rims, Air Bag Suspension, Straight LPG, 225rwkw
DTHWGN - EA GL Wagon, LTD Interior, Satin Black, 5.0, Turbo
RACER - EF Futura , 5.0, 5 Speed
PROJECT - 83 Thunderbird, Lowered, 18" Billet Wheels
DAILY - BA Fairmont Ghia 5.4 3V

Posted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 5:44 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: 1992 EB hybrid monster

QLD, Australia

Hey there peoples. Just a quick update, i havent yet done much more to the car as Iam waiting on a engine bay loom as mine is slightly damaged and I am a bit slack to repair it. So that should be here hopefully next week and I shall wire it up and have a go at starting it. 2ndly Iv done a bit of thinking and researching iam gonna try and supercharge and turbo the falcon and see what happens. Ill quote what frankieh said about using a rootes supercharger, i think will be the best bet and also reffer to your m90 build will help me out a million. I did some homework and pricing on the eaton m90 chargers and i found that you can pick a reconditioned one of american ebay for an absolute steel!!! Iv lined up a couple that are willing to frieght (mind you frieght is nearly $170) BUT for about $400 Aus you can have a m90 reconditioned. So iam stocked with that. Ill have to fab up a bracket and what not but the chargers over there are as cheap as chips. Well until i get the wirring loom and turn the car over ill let yous all know how it went. Thanks again.

Weapon of choice, EB shell with a EL XR front powered by a BA engine.

BUILD THREAD: commercial-sponsors-forum-f53/the-hybrid-eb-build-dohc-xr6-ba-interior-and-a-el-xr-front-t77902.html

Posted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 7:16 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: ED Pwnage Pwr!!

SA, Australia

Hey there , that loom you have, dose that connect to to the 6 coils on the top of the motor? :)

Adelaide Motorplex < Click on it! You know you want too!
ED HP AU XR6, Wade, T5, and all the usual stuff!

Quote:
Thats not the point *a**hole

Posted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 7:19 pm 
Stock as a Rock

QLD, Australia

4LEDboy wrote:
Hey there , that loom you have, dose that connect to to the 6 coils on the top of the motor? :)

Um i think it does. i can take a photo tomorrow of it if you want a look, just PM me and let me know cheers.

BUILD THREAD: commercial-sponsors-forum-f53/the-hybrid-eb-build-dohc-xr6-ba-interior-and-a-el-xr-front-t77902.html

Posted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 12:23 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: EB2 Ghia,Mighty Boy,Eb1 Xr8 5spd

VIC, Australia

I've just caught an update of this thread, wow man! Epic is an understatement! Especially with the idea's for the engine.

I'm fairly certain you will need to engineer the car to get it registered, and for insurance reasons it would be a great idea. I'm sure if you got an engineer involved right now, before the dash is fixed in place, and they can see the mods, see the materials used & so on it shouldn't be too hard or costly to engineer!

Anyway, even if you only make it a show car & drag race it sometimes, you have still dreamed it & then built it, so good on ya dude!

Cheers

ToranaGuy

I am the ToranaGuy!|74 Lh Torana Turbo|78 Hz PanelVan|86 Mighty Boy Ute|93 EB2 Ghia,GT Mockup,5spd,LPGI,Full Leather|2 x EB Xr8 5spd's|FS [VIC]: Wrecking - Eb XR8 - Parts available |Build Thread|Ebay Items - Ford Parts|

Posted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:40 pm 
Stock as a Rock

QLD, Australia

QUICK UPDATE:
Not much to new going on but iv bought some 2nd hand clear tail lights, iv just about got the engine bay loom sorted out, and iv got the dash wirred up. Iam going to pick up a battery either this or next week and have a go at firring it up. If all goes well then ill begin hiding the wirring and finishing off installing the dash. At the moment iam still hunting around for some 2nd hand turbo and supercharger parts. Fingers crossed i have a few things ordered in the next few weeks. Will keep yous all updated. If i get the engine running ill make a video and post on here. Heres some updated pics. Enjoy

Clearies on:

Engine loom just about sorted. Will post a doco up on the wirring loom in the coming weeks:

Dash wirred up, Its a pain that you have to have the cd, clusters, air bag modual and the climate heater box all plugged in :( all i got left now is to connect the HIM unit.

Posted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:44 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: EL XR6

NSW, Australia

ha, that stock exhaust manifold looks nice and clean :D

lovin the m90 idea. this thing is gona be a beast. u gonna feed the turbo into the m90? or the other way round... either way this thing is gonna roar!!

LOW, LOUD AND LUMPY

Posted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:39 am 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: BA XLS Ute

VIC, Australia

Hey mate love the build, you've done some really nice work. Can't wait to see the finished product! But can i just say and please dont take offence, lose the clear tail lights they really dont suit the car. Just my opinion. Otherwise AWESOME! :D

Posted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:22 am 
Fordmods Junkie

Good stuff mate, look forward to seeing that vid.

Posted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:16 am 
Stock as a Rock

QLD, Australia

the sam wrote:
ha, that stock exhaust manifold looks nice and clean :D

lovin the m90 idea. this thing is gona be a beast. u gonna feed the turbo into the m90? or the other way round... either way this thing is gonna roar!!

Hey there sam, iam not sure which way ill be plumbing up the charger and turbo. Iam hoping to sort the charger out and get that running and set up the turbo next. Thanks for the comment champ.

Posted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:19 am 
Stock as a Rock

QLD, Australia

BAXLS03 wrote:
Hey mate love the build, you've done some really nice work. Can't wait to see the finished product! But can i just say and please dont take offence, lose the clear tail lights they really dont suit the car. Just my opinion. Otherwise AWESOME! :D

Hey mate, Iv keept the original tail lights incase i want to swap them but i tryed tiniting and modding the original tail lights but they constantly turned out like s**t. I got these cheap any ways and thaught they may look alright because iv got the clear gaurd indicators. We will see how it looks when its all together. Thanks for your comments mate.

Posted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:20 am 
Stock as a Rock

QLD, Australia

XR-Lane wrote:
Good stuff mate, look forward to seeing that vid.

Thanks xr-lane, ill be sure to make an informative vid running threw the car and explaining anything i may have missed in this thread. Cheers again.

Sort by  
 Page 22 of 34  [ 505 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 ... 34  Next