Fordmods Logo

The hybrid EB build, DOHC xr6, ba interior and a el xr front 

Page 24 of 34 [ 505 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 ... 34  Next

Post subject: Re: The hybrid EB build, DOHC xr6, ba interior and a el xr front
Posted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 9:40 pm 

Ride: AU XR8

NSW, Australia

Buntz-93ED- you have reported the post instead of replying... :roll: :roll: :roll:

Buntz-93ED- wrote:
Yeah I didn't think of that. So like XR-lane said it may need one made up for it. I've emailed X-Force because I want to know if they do e-series systems (for myself) and if the local distributors do custom jobs.. for smithy's car and the like.

Posted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 9:43 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

TROYMAN wrote:
Buntz-93ED- you have reported the post instead of replying... :roll: :roll: :roll:

Buntz-93ED- wrote:
Yeah I didn't think of that. So like XR-lane said it may need one made up for it. I've emailed X-Force because I want to know if they do e-series systems (for myself) and if the local distributors do custom jobs.. for smithy's car and the like.

WTF :lol:

This is getting to be an issue Troy.

What part of the thread was he replying to?

Posted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 9:55 pm 

NSW, Australia

XR-Lane wrote:
TROYMAN wrote:

Buntz-93ED- wrote:

WTF :lol:

This is getting to be an issue Troy.

What part of the thread was he replying to?

he was replying to EFFalcon post^^ and reported it instead..lol..
report has been fixed..lol...

Posted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 10:34 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: 1993 ED Ford Falcon GLi

WA, Australia

Whoops. Sorry Troyman.

I'm a member of Atomic forum, and their Relpy button is right where you have Report... it was totally by mstake without conciously realising I had reported.

:roll: :oops:

Posted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:58 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: EL XR6

NSW, Australia

has this been happening alot troyman?

also PICSS!!!!!!

LOW, LOUD AND LUMPY

Posted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 1:11 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: 1992 EB hybrid monster

QLD, Australia

I think iam a little over due a post here, sp heres an update. Iam still currently waiting on the charger from the states :x . The bloke only sent it last friday and I do have tracking on it which is good but Iam really hoping its here by the end of next week. Further news Iv got a turbo kit now lined up off a BA xr6 (manifold, oil lines and a turbo in need of a rebuild).

Iv been doing stacks of thinking about where Iam going to mount the M112 (thanks for correcting me fellas). I wanted to copy how frankieh mounted his M90 between the air manifold and A/C compressor. It appears I will not be able to mount it there due to the angle of the pipe work exiting the charger, no matter what angle i have the charger on it will hit the block or hit the air manifold. After many days researching other supercharged 6cyl threads Iv decided to mount it on top of where the BBM is now. After pricing several plenums i knew i wouldnt be able to afford this option of having one which sits lower then the current BBM's, I didnt even have any luck finding a 2nd hand one either. Then it hit me what if I used a EB-ED air manifold??? Iv heard some where the BA air intake ports are oval where as the E-series are circle, maybe I could bore them out or modify the manifold somehow? With out wasting time I took a trip to my local wreckers this morning and snaveled up a ED manifold (incl fuel rail) and a radiator hose pipe which faces forward and not side ways (hopefully this will give me a bit of room for the chargers pulley). Now Iv degreassed and cleaned both items up, and at this very point removing the BBM and seeing if the ED manifold will fit or what mods will need carrying out. I know Ill loose a little performnce but hey ill make it up with the twin forced induction set up :wink:

Ok heres a quick knock up pic of what I want to achieve, and yes i did it on MS paint, i dont know how to use photo shop, please tell me what you think and any ideas would be much appreciated:

Ok my options are to mount the charger as shown in the photo OR mount it right back near the fire wall and make up a custom longer snout. Only reason Im suggesting the charger back further is so that all the pipe work will fit under the bonnet BUT in saying that ill need to make up a custom longer snout. Ok start with FIG 1: Thats the EA-ED raditaor house pipe that I was talking about earler, having this facing forward will definetly clear room for the belt and pulley. FIG 2: is where the throttle body will be located to IF it bolts up to the old ED manifold and even if the manifold bolts to the block. FIG 3: Ill have to make up a custom intake hoping there will be room under there, hopefully the ED manifold will give me enough space under there. FIG 4: Deciding weather the pipe work should be fed around to the throttle body or into the turbo, either option Iam hoping there will be enough clearence under the hood.

Well thats all my ideas so far, Heres a quick shot of the new (old) manifold that i got today:

Iam gonna go back and finish removing the BBM now, hopefully all fits up. Ill be keeping up with my progress today. Thanks readers.

Weapon of choice, EB shell with a EL XR front powered by a BA engine.

BUILD THREAD: commercial-sponsors-forum-f53/the-hybrid-eb-build-dohc-xr6-ba-interior-and-a-el-xr-front-t77902.html

Posted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 2:09 pm 
Stock as a Rock

QLD, Australia

Ok Ba throttle body lines up perfectly with the ED manifold. Will need to drill out the bolt holes on the BA throttle and use some longer threaded bolts. The BBM is just about off, and hopefully I can have the ED one sitting there with in the hour. Will let yous know how I go.

BUILD THREAD: commercial-sponsors-forum-f53/the-hybrid-eb-build-dohc-xr6-ba-interior-and-a-el-xr-front-t77902.html

Posted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 3:11 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Hey Smithy;

The E series manifold will not bolt up to the BA head. The bolt holes are not in the same configuration.

Josh

Posted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 3:35 pm 
Stock as a Rock

QLD, Australia

XR-Lane wrote:
Hey Smithy;

The E series manifold will not bolt up to the BA head. The bolt holes are not in the same configuration.

Josh

Where were you 2 hours ago josh, nahh all good mate, i had to find out the hard way thow. However I did come up with a plan B, dunno if itll work but its a job for a fabricator, so if theres any on here would this work??? Iam thinking off having the BBM runners cut off then welded to the ED ones, that way itll be a direct bolt up. Could this possibly work? Heres some pics of what it would look like and if i can go ahead with it there is a stack of room for a charger to sit there.

Thanks

As you can clearly see here the bolt holes are way out,

What Iam hoping to achieve, Also noticed that the A/C will have to be moved down as there is no room for the throttle body:

Posted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 3:40 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: AU fairmont ghia

ACT, Australia

smithykicks85 wrote:
XR-Lane wrote:
Hey Smithy;

Josh

Where were you 2 hours ago josh, nahh all good mate, i had to find out the hard way thow. However I did come up with a plan B, dunno if itll work but its a job for a fabricator, so if theres any on here would this work??? Iam thinking off having the BBM runners cut off then welded to the ED ones, that way itll be a direct bolt up. Could this possibly work? Heres some pics of what it would look like and if i can go ahead with it there is a stack of room for a charger to sit there.

Thanks

As you can clearly see here the bolt holes are way out,

What Iam hoping to achieve, Also noticed that the A/C will have to be moved down as there is no room for the throttle body:

how about making some kind of spacer to sit in between the block and the manifold? (bolt it to the block and bolt the manifold to it) might save hacking up your manifold... just a suggestion

AU FAIRMONT GHIA: 5.0 Dealer ordered SVO mods ( seeking clarification ATM), tickford suspension.

Posted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 3:46 pm 
Stock as a Rock

QLD, Australia

God dam EFNA thats not a bad idea... deffinetly would be alot cheaper and possibly something I could do at home. Would the spacer have to be made of alloy thow? Any ways great idea Ill definetly be looking into that.

Posted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:46 pm 
Oompa Loompa

VIC, Australia

yep i'd keep the spacer as alloy.
another thing to consider is have ears welded onto the log manifold where it mounts (get them tigged on) then have it re-surfaced flat and drill new holes to suit. i did that with a 2T efi setup years ago.

ps: nice work with your car. love it you have great skills matey.

Posted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:57 pm 

NSW, Australia

i think an alloy spacer/adapter will work.
but keep in mind the thicker the spacer the further away the injecters are,
and maybe?? there might be a slight issue with injectors spraying on the bottom wall of the intake port rather than the valve??

Posted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:58 pm 
Stock as a Rock

QLD, Australia

psyolent wrote:
yep i'd keep the spacer as alloy.
another thing to consider is have ears welded onto the log manifold where it mounts (get them tigged on) then have it re-surfaced flat and drill new holes to suit. i did that with a 2T efi setup years ago.

ps: nice work with your car. love it you have great skills matey.

Thanks for the idea mate, another thing I was thinking, id need to use a fairly decent spacer wouldnt I? Would this affect the injectors because they would be further away? Another thing I just thaught of, do what you said about haveing ears tigged on where they are needed, and for the other holes that are a few mm out could I get the bolt holes welded up then re-drilled in the right spots???

Posted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:59 pm 
Stock as a Rock

QLD, Australia

TROYMAN wrote:
i think an alloy spacer/adapter will work.
but keep in mind the thicker the spacer the further away the injecters are,
and maybe?? there might be a slight issue with injectors spraying on the bottom wall of the intake port rather than the valve??

You beet me to it troyman about the injectors, lol.

Sort by  
 Page 24 of 34  [ 505 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 ... 34  Next