Fordmods Logo

The Ute.Going slowly but any progress is good! 

Page 8 of 26 [ 379 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 26  Next

Post subject: Re: The Ute. Lowered and Tinted.
Posted: Tue May 12, 2009 6:31 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: 5.0 AU's and 5.0 Maverick

Power: 139 rwkw

NSW, Australia

Exactly. The diff is the same as an E series one. I wnated to get it done quicker but doing it before the first drag night does not fit into the plan of things.
First drag night is the 3/6/09 with a few of the Ford Mods boys.
You think your getting dizzy with the amount fo cars I have gone through lately Bruce! I nearly have my own coffee mug and priority service at the RTA for rego transfers now :roll: .
No more after this one. This morning in my pidgeon hole at work was wedged a copy of the trading post. The post it note said "You have had the ute for 3 weeks , isnt it time for a new one?"

xr6turnip wrote:
More people paid for a ride in a VT commodore then an AU Falcon so the VT is superior.
Based on that fact my Mum is the best around!

Posted: Tue May 12, 2009 6:35 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: EB1 Fairmont Ghia T5 Wagon

NSW, Australia

EVL098 wrote:
No more after this one. This morning in my pidgeon hole at work was wedged a copy of the trading post. The post it note said "You have had the ute for 3 weeks , isnt it time for a new one?"

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

BenJ

BenJ's EB T5 DOHC Ghia Wagon - Current Ride
BenJ's EB GL Sedan - Previous Ride
My respect and thanks go to - snap0964, Paulmac, SWC and MRE-50L

Posted: Tue May 12, 2009 7:08 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EDL Fairmont Wagon/AU XR8 Ghia

NSW, Australia

EVL098 wrote:
You think your getting dizzy with the amount fo cars I have gone through lately Bruce! I nearly have my own coffee mug and priority service at the RTA for rego transfers now :roll: .

LOL! Seems you have got yourself a bit of a reputation dude!

=1994 ED Wagon GLi body/EL Fairmont spec with *ALL* EL running gear.=
Build Thread: viewtopic.php?f=53&t=65695
=1998 EL Futura Sedan - The EF Fairmonts Replacement=
Build Thread: viewtopic.php?f=53&t=106588

Posted: Tue May 12, 2009 7:10 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: Ed v8 fairmont wagon, wr450f

Power: 137 rwkw

BenJ wrote:
EVL098 wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

BenJ

I get that all the time at work but i have owned 5 different cars at work in under 12mths..

phill

Posted: Fri May 15, 2009 11:46 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Bloody hell Ive gone and done it again!
I was let loose near evilbay and have bought another car!
I think I might just get into a little bit of poo over this one. :?
The latest purchase is an 85 XF Sedan.
Auto air and steer , LPG and 2.5 months rego.
Scored it for $600

Now before you all think Im freeking insane and have totally lost the plot , no the ute isnt going anywhere. It is staying right where it is thankyou very much.
The plan is seeing as though the new car is white as well and has the pre 86 front end with out the extra indicators that I prefer, I will pick it up , bring it home and swap the front end of the ute with the sedan. That fixes my bent front guard and cracked bumper bar , whilst giving me the cleaner look I prefer.
The LPG will be removed entirely and put aside for fitment to the ute.
It also has a grey old style Formuling wheel on it which they dont make anymore so that will be placed on the ute.
Any bits of crappy trim etc will be swapped between the 2 with the better items going into the ute.

The game plan is to pick it up tomorrow sometime and as I have the weekend and Monday off have a busy couple of days , do what has to be done and swapped over and have the XF sedan back up for sale on ebay on Monday night.
So this weekend is the first weekend me and the missus have had off together in ages so tomorrow I have to organise to get her to run me to Liverpool to pick up the car , organise for the Maverick to have a little sleep over for a week or so at either my olds place or my brothers and run around playing cars again.................
Yeah I think Im in the s**t this time around!

So if anyone is after a run around let me know. The car will be advertised both here and on evilbay.
XF Falcon , auto , air , steer 2 and a half months rego , mags , sheepskin seat covers. Want around the $475 mark for it and the quicker the better. Wil get some pics happening once I have it home.

xr6turnip wrote:
More people paid for a ride in a VT commodore then an AU Falcon so the VT is superior.

Posted: Sat May 16, 2009 12:15 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EDL Fairmont Wagon/AU XR8 Ghia

NSW, Australia

Good plan dude, but you really had me there for a minute - I thought the revolving car door had hit you again :)

Sometimes it is better to grab a whole car and steal what you want off it, turns out cheaper in the long run....

=1994 ED Wagon GLi body/EL Fairmont spec with *ALL* EL running gear.=
Build Thread: viewtopic.php?f=53&t=65695
=1998 EL Futura Sedan - The EF Fairmonts Replacement=
Build Thread: viewtopic.php?f=53&t=106588

Posted: Sat May 16, 2009 8:01 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: DENTED UP OLD AUT WAGON

New Zealand

Yeahp. Whole cars are the way to go. If I did another like yours, my missus wouldn't just leave me, she'd try her darndest to kill me too.

I don't see what she complains about really. I come home asking to borrow $400 for a EF Fairmont with a head gasket issue and then we go and tow MY new car to my mates where it's left on the street until such time as he notices a car being wrecked outside his house but by then the missus is paid back and I have some parts fitted to the "real" car and then you try and make some money on what's left.

It's a good plan.

It just means that the missuses idea of a romantic weekend is somewhat wishful thinking.

Posted: Sat May 16, 2009 10:14 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Told the minister last night when she got home and she is really happy about me getting it.
She agrees that too "hopefully" once its all done get a few bits I need for the ute and a gas conversion for a couple of hundred out of pocket is a steal.
So we have to run her cousin into the airport at lunchtime and then we will pick up the sedan on the way back all going well.
Best bit is she is cool about me playing cars again on her weekend off.
I really won the lottery when I got my lady!

xr6turnip wrote:

Posted: Sat May 16, 2009 10:29 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

So right there mate. My missus only gets s**t when I knock back a legitimate bargain for some stupid reason.
Well the car passed a revs check and rego check ok. It is not on pensioner rego etc so things are looking good so far.

xr6turnip wrote:

Posted: Sat May 16, 2009 9:39 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Well what is it about my luck with buying cars and ethnics!
This one was Emanuel. I got there and had a quick squizz at the car. You dont expect too much for $600 but I had a look before handing over the folding.
He listed it as having no rust. Silly boy. It has rust and bog in it which is fairly easily seen when you go looking. It will pass rego again and is not really that bigger issue to usingthe car as a run around but he advertised it as having none and it does.
We had a little chat and I got it for a bit less then $600.
The front guards have too much car in a can in them for me to use them on the ute so Im still looking for guards but the bar seems ok ,the gas conversion works and seems ok and the door rubbers and stuff are better then the ones in the ute so they will all swap over.
The steering wheel is cracked so that has come off , will get put aside and will be recovered at a later date in grey leather.
It was not at home for an hour before it was back up for sale again. The bars and stuff will be swapped over tomorrow and hopefully all the gas removed and I want the car gone again this week!
Here is the ebay link.
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll ... 0306825534

It is also for sale here in the classifieds.

xr6turnip wrote:

Posted: Sat May 16, 2009 11:49 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Dunno mate. Ill have to have a look tomorrow while Im pulling bits apart.

xr6turnip wrote:

Posted: Sun May 17, 2009 12:32 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Set two being the thick black greasy set might be the go.
PM me a price.

xr6turnip wrote:

Posted: Wed May 20, 2009 6:20 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Well the mighty XF sedan was landed here , parts stripped and swapped and it sold back off in 3.5 days. Thats pretty much a record even for me!
Wound up getting the car for $450 and scored the following.
Non damaged front bar in pretty much perfect condition apart from paint.
Formuling Sports Steering wheel which I will have recovered in Grey leather.
A set of door rubbers that the sealing rubber is not falling off the baily channel.
A set of black side mirror scalps that replaced the dodgy , tacky damaged white ones on the ute.
A complete LPG conversion. Its a crap system that will eventually be changed/upgraded anyway but it will get the gas into the ute so I can play with further things and come October when Im able to claim it again I will get $1750 off the Government man.
Sold the car to a total tripper last night for $300.
So after taking into account the rego transfer cost to keep everything above board all the above cost me $185 out of pocket. Not bad value there. Gotta have a win sometime!

The sale of the car is an interesting story that some of you may find amusing and some may find it boring. Some might actually find it unbelievable. I was in the middle of it and Im still struggling to believe it myself!
Now as anyone that knows me , knows two things about me.
1. I really dislike late night phone calls. They either mean me or the missus has been called back into work , or someone we know is dead or dying. No matter what a phone call after 9.00 PM at night generally has no good news attached to it.
2. I am about as blunt and as subtle as a 20pound sledgehammer. I also say what Im thinking even though I may regret it later and as a rule the more stupid and rude people are the more negative responce they get from me.

So last night Im laying in my bean bag , half asleep with the flu watching underbelly repeats.
About 9.45 PM my phone rings. This is pretty much the conversation I had.
Me "Yeah"
d***head "Hey mate do you still have the Falcon for sale"
Me "Yep"
d***head "Does everything work good on it?"
Me "Dunno dont care. It starts and drives. Its a $350 car with rego. What do you want for the money?"
d***head "I just need to know if everything works good on it"
Me "Well if it makes you feel better I will say its all A1 tip top but I would be lying to you. It didnt explode into a ball or flames or kill me on the way home when I got it so thats all I cared about"
d***head "Ok cool , I want it Im in the eastern suburbs so can you bring it over to me for $300 and I will give you a lift home?"( The eastern suburbs is a good hour and a half from my place driving)
Me "Yeah for $300 extra Ill bring it over to the eastern suburbs. Dont worry about giving me a lift home Ill get the missus to pick me up. What afternoon do you want to do it?"
d***head " Um no not $300 extra the car delivered for $300 and I want it tonight"
Me "So let me get this straight , you want me to drive from Penrith to the Eastern Suburbs to deliver you a car that you are going to give me $300 for and you want me to come over at nearly 10 oclock at night?"
d***head "Um yeah I guess so"
Me "Mate are you on some bad disco bickies or where you just born f**k in the head? If you want this car for $300 I suggest you work out a time with me , get your a*** on a train to Penrith and I can pick you up from the station."
d***head "If I have to come out there I can only offer you $200"
Me "If you can only offer me $200 I am forced to tell you to f**k off your s**t me"

I hung up. Me and the missus were convinced that someone was playing games with me , so we made a coffee , had a smoke and got ready to go to bed.
At 11.15 PM the phone rings again.

Me"f**k this had better be good" was the way I answered the phone.
d***head "The train has just left Central how long till I get to Penrith"
Me "What the f**k are you on about?"
d***head "Im coming to pick the car up"
Me "Well your 45 minutes to an hour from Penrith but your not getting the car for $200"
d***head " Nah Ill give you $300. Ill ring you when Im at Penrith. I really desperately need this car tonight"
He hangs up.

Well me and the missus didnt know what to make of all this. We honestly thought it was someone playing games. So we ignored it and decided to go to bed. I mean what kind of d***head buys a car at frigging midnight? At midnight he rings back again to tell me he had just got into Penrith Station and where was I?
We figured he might of just been serious so decided to go down there. Donna followed me down in her 4x4 so if it was someone trying to roll me or pinch the car she was more then prepared to run over them and if it was a serious sale so I didnt have to walk home at midnight in the rain.
We get down there and he walks over and hands me $300. I reckon he must of raided the kids piggie bank to get it as it was made of of 2 $50 notes and the rest was in 20's , 10's and 5's!
We filled out the rego papers and then he asked me to come down to Sydney today and help him transfer it as I was compelled to do by law!
Well at that point I sort of snapped it and opened the door and threw him into the car and polietly told him to f**k off before he found out just how big the glovebox of the XF was when I stuffed him into it!
Off he drives , all over the road with no lights on. I get a call 20 minutes later asking where the headlight switch is..................... :roll:
So we come home laughing our heads off and straight onto the RTA website to put a notice of disposal in as this dude wasnt playing with a full deck and we didnt want the cops here and us trying to explain why our car was in a ram raid. I mean which self respecting cop would believe this story?
2.30 am the phone goes again. Mind you we had just got to sleep and we both get up to get ready for work at 4.45am.
Me "What the f**k do you want?
d***head "Where is the fuel filler and what kind of fuel should I put in it?"
Me "Behind the number plate and unleaded or goats piss whatever the f**k you want. Goodbye"
d***head rings back "What kind of unleaded , there is 3 kinds I dont want to wreck the car"
Me "f**k me just put the dearest in it and f**k off and let me sleep"
Well no more calls and we got a couple of hours kip.
Then this morning come around. Get a call at 11am , while I was having a little nanna nap while my apprectice was doing some paperwork.
"Mate who is the best person to go to to get a mechanical inspection done on the car? I think it has some issues and you have sold me a wreck. I need to get a report to get my money back off you" :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :roll: :lol:
This guy is obviously a bit mental I reckon. I told him I would make a call to a contact and ring him back.
I called him back with a mechanics number that I told him who's word would be gold in court and I will see him there and he would win straight away. Pity the Mechanic is one in Bega I just got off the Vodafone Directories! :D
Its been interesting thats for sure! I dont think I wnat to buy or sell another car ever again after my run of the last few months!

In better newsone of my anniversary pressies turned up today so I will get some pics happeneing of them fitted.

xr6turnip wrote:

Posted: Wed May 20, 2009 6:42 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Neither here nor there. I actually find it f**k funny.
The dude obviously has issues.
He bought his girlfriend along with him too and telling ya he has bigger problems coming along to him.
If he is slipping her one he will be getting a good case of the swine flu. She was a stunner.........NOT!

xr6turnip wrote:

Posted: Wed May 20, 2009 6:46 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: EFII 5.8 NOS TerroristGhia

Power: 274 rwkw

NSW, Australia

What is up with your luck, mind you i had a good laugh. What a flog. You still have more patients that me. See you fridyay night at Harries?,bring the truck :lol:
Brett

The Terrorist ED Retired due to RUST.
The TerrosistGhia, EF Ghia 351 EFI 5 Speed.
Millennium Falcon, Sleeper EL DOHC 6 Speed Manual EFI LPG
Member#1131
I didn't Vote for Multiculturalism, DID YOU!!!

Sort by  
 Page 8 of 26  [ 379 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 26  Next