Fordmods Logo

The Ute.Going slowly but any progress is good! 

Page 9 of 26 [ 379 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 26  Next

Post subject: Re: The Ute. Lowered and Tinted.
Posted: Wed May 20, 2009 6:51 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: 5.0 AU's and 5.0 Maverick

Power: 139 rwkw

NSW, Australia

TerroristGHIA wrote:
What is up with your luck, mind you i had a good laugh. What a flog. You still have more patients that me. See you fridyay night at Harries?,bring the truck :lol:
Brett

Yeah Im a cracker magnet at the moment hey...............LOL
Ill most likely bring big stinky out on Friday. Its lots of fun to drive on the claws in the wet!
The look on peoples faces at a big white fridge looking thing sideways is gold.

xr6turnip wrote:
More people paid for a ride in a VT commodore then an AU Falcon so the VT is superior.
Based on that fact my Mum is the best around!

Posted: Wed May 20, 2009 8:18 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EDL Fairmont Wagon/AU XR8 Ghia

NSW, Australia

OMG what a dropkick! You dealt with him well, I would have set my staffy on him :)

=1994 ED Wagon GLi body/EL Fairmont spec with *ALL* EL running gear.=
Build Thread: viewtopic.php?f=53&t=65695
=1998 EL Futura Sedan - The EF Fairmonts Replacement=
Build Thread: viewtopic.php?f=53&t=106588

Posted: Wed May 20, 2009 9:27 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 21 images

Ride: XH B&S ute, Navara 4x4

Power: 202 rwkw

SA, Australia

She's looking the goods mate 8-) . You seem to be able to attract a few rippers there....funny that they all live on the east coast or in the citys :lol: .
Had you considered that the XH was available with an LSD? That would be an easier swap than welding the brackets onto the sedan diff. Just an idea as I am unsure of ratios.

On a side note: what did you do with the nudge bar? I have a new project on the go (oddly enough once again it is not a Ford :roll: but at least this time it's not a Holden :oops: ) and rather than the standard 5 poster bullbar a nudge bar will porbably be more appropriate.....

Let me know by pm

You'll ride a black tornado across the western sky

You'll rope an ol' blue norther and milk it 'till it's dry

Bulldog the Diamantina pin its ears down flat

Long before you take this cowboy's hat

Posted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 11:13 am 
Getting Side Ways

selling cars can be very stressful, i was trying to sell an EF Fairmont Ghia which was very presentable for only $1200. Only needed power windows looked at, and a indicator replaced.

the amount of tossers that rocked up one after the other was unbeleivable. One stupid old C*** came over, ignored me completely, then proceeded to point out every little flaw then walked off

another idiot, a woman critisized me for cleaning and detailing the car to make it presentable for sale, f**k me why?

Posted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 8:17 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

ashcook wrote:

Are you trying to get me casterated , shot , hung and then divorsed Ash???????????? :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

xr6turnip wrote:
More people paid for a ride in a VT commodore then an AU Falcon so the VT is superior.

Posted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 8:24 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

FordFairmont wrote:
selling cars can be very stressful, i was trying to sell an EF Fairmont Ghia which was very presentable for only $1200. Only needed power windows looked at, and a indicator replaced.

the amount of tossers that rocked up one after the other was unbeleivable. One stupid old C*** came over, ignored me completely, then proceeded to point out every little flaw then walked off

another idiot, a woman critisized me for cleaning and detailing the car to make it presentable for sale, f**k me why?

Yeah the amount of tossers out there astounds me.
I have had enough of it. I wont be buying or selling any cars for a bloody long time now.
Have done a few bits to the ute so will get around to posting them up.

xr6turnip wrote:

Posted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:26 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Well things have slowed down on the ute lately.
Basically in the last month or so all I have done was fit some new caster rod bushes as the originals were slightly beyond pole axed , fitted new sway bar link rod bushes and new outer tie rod ends. Then put some new 225/50 16 Falkens on the front. It now has all matching , really good quality tyres. Burnouts have been put on the no go list without changing wheels now days!

My lovely much better half bought me a set of these as one of my anniversary pressies.

Now Im not a big fan of Altezza lights normally but I think because these are not the plain garden variety ones or the blinged up chrome ones is the reason I actually like them.
They are just a plain smoked plastic and look really good against the white.
Went from looking like this

To like this

They are actually a very good fit and so far are not leaking. Very unusual for an aftermarket part.
Im very happy with the look. It works on the white I think but dunno what it would look like on a darker colour.

Just another pic

I went to remove the pensioner equipped extar reflectors at the same time to find they are actually a Ford factory fitted item with holes pressed into the rear quarters for them to clip into.
So they will be staying for a while until I repaint when I will weld the holes up then.
The reflectors look s**t but much better then some plain open holes would look.

xr6turnip wrote:

Posted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:39 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: SF5 Forester

NSW, Australia

Them clear altezzas looks really good. but i suupose i am bias (got altezzas on the missus EL)

R.I.P Tobias my son.

Posted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:03 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

ashcook wrote:
EVL098 wrote:
ashcook wrote:

Are you trying to get me casterated , shot , hung and then divorsed Ash???????????? :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

There's always room for one more. You just need to explain all the good things that will come out of it and how not buying would be the silly thing to do, yeah? haha

Well funny you should put things that way Ash....................................

No I didnt buy the ute off ebay but there is another car coming home for a short stay.
I had well and truely decided what I was going to do about a new powerplant for the ute and had started to organise things. At the same time fate interviened.
Unfortunately taxi5l had a moment in his NC Fairy which ended in the lane being a write off as we all know.
Well after a couple of messages myself and taxi worked out that I had a couple of parts and some cash he could use and that he had a car that I could use.
So a deal was struck and I am heading up to Newcastle in a couple of weekends to pick up the Fairy and trailer it home.
The plan is to strip the running gear from the Fairy and slip it all into the ute.
So unfortunately all the comments I have made about automatics being for poofs who cant drive will have to be retracted as for starters Im just going to put the auto and everything in.
The T5 in the ute , the 3.27 LSD and bits of the Fairly will be coming up for sale. If anyone wants anything PM me and we will see what we can work out.
Very much looking forward to coming out the other side with a XF ute with an injected 5.0 in it!

xr6turnip wrote:

Posted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:18 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: DENTED UP OLD AUT WAGON

New Zealand

Heya again. In New Zealand you actually have to have reflectors in the rear and there is a minimum size for said reflector.

However, like you, I prefer the look of this sort of thing over the real flash chrome show off things. These are a Commodore VN Wagon after market part cunningly installed into the original Ford EA - EF light. Simple really... And a real shame no one makes after market ones for the Ford EA - EL wagon.

Posted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:22 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: SF5 Forester

NSW, Australia

fiend wrote:
Heya again. In New Zealand you actually have to have reflectors in the rear and there is a minimum size for said reflector.

However, like you, I prefer the look of this sort of thing over the real flash chrome show off things. These are a Commodore VN Wagon after market part cunningly installed into the original Ford EA - EF light. Simple really... And a real shame no one makes after market ones for the Ford EA - EL wagon.

And this relates to EVils thread How?

R.I.P Tobias my son.

Posted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:22 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Yeah Ash Im f**k hopeless with cars. The disease is well and truely ingrained.
It will be a nice slow casual run back along the freeway in the Mav , the old man is coming with me and riding spotter.
I think it will come out pretty good. It will never be a Clevo but for what its costing and the lack of hassles to sort it all out Im a happy boy.
Huge thanks to Phill (taxi5l) for putting it all in place for this to happen!

xr6turnip wrote:

Posted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:23 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: EF Fairmont

NSW, Australia

It shows how he did the reflector and I think that it is the case in NSW as well, rear reflector is needed.

Posted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:25 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: DENTED UP OLD AUT WAGON

New Zealand

Froudey wrote:
And this relates to EVils thread How?

He was talking about TAIL LIGHTS and REFLECTORS (and REMOVING REFLECTORS) on the previous page... I am pointing out that a lot of countries (and states therein) actually REQUIRE YOU TO HAVE REAR FACING REFLECTORS and was commenting on his good taste in tail lights.

Just how many idiot signs do you have left for sale?....

Posted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:28 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EDL Fairmont Wagon/AU XR8 Ghia

NSW, Australia

EVL098 wrote:
Well things have slowed down on the ute lately.
Basically in the last month or so all I have done was fit some new caster rod bushes as the originals were slightly beyond pole axed , fitted new sway bar link rod bushes and new outer tie rod ends. Then put some new 225/50 16 Falkens on the front. It now has all matching , really good quality tyres. Burnouts have been put on the no go list without changing wheels now days!

My lovely much better half bought me a set of these as one of my anniversary pressies.

Now Im not a big fan of Altezza lights normally but I think because these are not the plain garden variety ones or the blinged up chrome ones is the reason I actually like them.
They are just a plain smoked plastic and look really good against the white.
Went from looking like this

To like this

They are actually a very good fit and so far are not leaking. Very unusual for an aftermarket part.
Im very happy with the look. It works on the white I think but dunno what it would look like on a darker colour.

Just another pic

I went to remove the pensioner equipped extar reflectors at the same time to find they are actually a Ford factory fitted item with holes pressed into the rear quarters for them to clip into.
So they will be staying for a while until I repaint when I will weld the holes up then.
The reflectors look s**t but much better then some plain open holes would look.

That's old news! :D but.....

This is new news....

Quote:
had well and truely decided what I was going to do about a new powerplant for the ute and had started to organise things. At the same time fate interviened.
Unfortunately taxi5l had a moment in his NC Fairy which ended in the lane being a write off as we all know.
Well after a couple of messages myself and taxi worked out that I had a couple of parts and some cash he could use and that he had a car that I could use.
So a deal was struck and I am heading up to Newcastle in a couple of weekends to pick up the Fairy and trailer it home.
The plan is to strip the running gear from the Fairy and slip it all into the ute.
So unfortunately all the comments I have made about automatics being for poofs who cant drive will have to be retracted as for starters Im just going to put the auto and everything in.
The T5 in the ute , the 3.27 LSD and bits of the Fairly will be coming up for sale. If anyone wants anything PM me and we will see what we can work out.
Very much looking forward to coming out the other side with a XF ute with an injected 5.0 in it!

Good score matey!!!!

=1994 ED Wagon GLi body/EL Fairmont spec with *ALL* EL running gear.=
Build Thread: viewtopic.php?f=53&t=65695
=1998 EL Futura Sedan - The EF Fairmonts Replacement=
Build Thread: viewtopic.php?f=53&t=106588

Sort by  
 Page 9 of 26  [ 379 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 26  Next