Fordmods Logo

Timmeh's EL XR8 185kw improvement build 

Page 8 of 18 [ 266 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 18  Next

Posted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 5:45 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 15 images

Ride: 1999 XHII XR8, 2002 AU Fairmont

Power: 236 rwkw

WA, Australia

Timmeh wrote:
Its going to cost me $1500 all up to get the custom tune and injectors sorted.

That seems about the going price. Where are you booked to get that done?

Quote:
The guy at MCE reckons I should get about 260rwhp with the tune on board.

I think 260rwhp might be a tad high. I think 250rwhp isnt out of the question with a tune though. Enough to be pushing some flat 14 sec passes either way.

Quote:
For now I have to run it with 80% of the air filter blocked to reduce the air getting in. The other option is putting the stock TB on to also reduce it. But I'll drive with a light foot instead.

Yeah i'd still drive it just avoid going to WOT. Would have been good if they could have checked AFR's at cruising and light load throttle etc just to be sure.

Quote:
Also for the hell of it I'll get my car weighed with a full tank and no driver.

Ahh sweet, so once we know the weight of your car we can then work out how many seconds to take off your 1/4 mile time ;)

STREETBUILT RACING
1999 XHII Falcon XR8 Ute 5.0L, TKO600 5spd, KB 2.1L Blower, 6.5psi, 12.2@113mph!!

Posted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 6:00 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: BF XR6, BF XT Wagon

Power: 197 rwkw

WA, Australia

XH5LWEPN wrote:
Timmeh wrote:
Its going to cost me $1500 all up to get the custom tune and injectors sorted.

That seems about the going price. Where are you booked to get that done?

Quote:
The guy at MCE reckons I should get about 260rwhp with the tune on board.

I think 260rwhp might be a tad high. I think 250rwhp isnt out of the question with a tune though. Enough to be pushing some flat 14 sec passes either way.

Quote:
For now I have to run it with 80% of the air filter blocked to reduce the air getting in. The other option is putting the stock TB on to also reduce it. But I'll drive with a light foot instead.

Yeah i'd still drive it just avoid going to WOT. Would have been good if they could have checked AFR's at cruising and light load throttle etc just to be sure.

Quote:
Also for the hell of it I'll get my car weighed with a full tank and no driver.

Ahh sweet, so once we know the weight of your car we can then work out how many seconds to take off your 1/4 mile time ;)

1) Getting it done at BPT. That price includes 24lb injector fitment.

2) 260rwhp I reckon might be alright cause my XR8 got to 240rwhp with no tune with the filter blocked off. Shame he didn't print it out for proof so you'll have to take my word on it.
But 250rwhp I'd be happy with as long as the AFR is good.

3) I'll being avoiding WOT. I've driven 2000kms since getting the work done so another 250km with tame driving should be alright.

4) And finally I knew you'd say that. I baited you for that comment. HAHAHAHA. :wink: :D

EL XR8
Timmeh banned himself from being a moderator.

Posted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 6:21 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

Timmeh wrote:

Nice, i can tell you there tuning work is very good, my ute is a prime example of that. One thing though, why not go for the TwEECer?

Quote:
2) 260rwhp I reckon might be alright cause my XR8 got to 240rwhp with no tune with the filter blocked off. Shame he didn't print it out for proof so you'll have to take my word on it.

What were the AFR's on that 240rwhp run?

Quote:
4) And finally I knew you'd say that. I baited you for that comment. HAHAHAHA. :wink: :D

Haha :lol: , i know thats why i gave you the :wink:

STREETBUILT RACING
1999 XHII Falcon XR8 Ute 5.0L, TKO600 5spd, KB 2.1L Blower, 6.5psi, 12.2@113mph!!

Posted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 6:39 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: AUXR6 HP With Ducati SupA Bike!

WA, Australia

damn pete talk about lean!

good to see u are gettign it sorted

260 should be easy as :)

comon pete i know u can do it

btw love the comment on the dyno chart :P

RIP SCOTT

Posted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 7:12 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: ef xr8

Power: 229 rwkw

WA, Australia

Good stuff Pete.

Up to 2500 it looks pretty strong and responsive. Look forward to the tune, perhaps seeing it up the strip!

Because of Beer, Thirst is a Beautiful Thing!

'95 EF XR8 auto, Advance headers, 3" exhaust, Cobra manifold, BBK 75mm throttle body , 80MM Marauder MAF, Vortech V2 T Trim , 307 rwhp, 405 ft/lb 13.2 @ 105 MPH

Now N/A (permanent Lag) - AFR 165's, Comp XE270 cam, 1.6 RR - 269 rwhp 14.1 @ 102mph.

Posted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 7:38 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

XH5LWEPN wrote:
Timmeh wrote:

Nice, i can tell you there tuning work is very good, my ute is a prime example of that. One thing though, why not go for the TwEECer?

Quote:

What were the AFR's on that 240rwhp run?

Quote:

Haha :lol: , i know thats why i gave you the :wink:

1) Isn't the switch chip more widely known against the TwEECer? I thought more places can tune the switch chip over the TwEECer so I thought that was a better option. I might ring BPT and talk to them about which one is better. The car won't be played with after the injectors and MAF are fitted so it doesn't matter to me. What ever is easier or more effective I guess.

2) AFRs were only about 14-14.4 for that one which was about 1 to .5 better than before. Still not good but more power from an 80% blocked air filter.

3) Seriously though I will get it weighed so I can get power to weight ratio.

EL XR8

Posted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 7:41 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

Disco Frank wrote:
btw love the comment on the dyno chart :P

SHHHH
That was done so I can get the money approval from the wife to get it tuned cause we can't really afford it. But its better than a new engine I guess. 8-)

EL XR8

Posted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 8:20 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

Timmeh wrote:
1) Isn't the switch chip more widely known against the TwEECer? I thought more places can tune the switch chip over the TwEECer so I thought that was a better option. I might ring BPT and talk to them about which one is better. The car won't be played with after the injectors and MAF are fitted so it doesn't matter to me. What ever is easier or more effective I guess.

Yes there are plenty more places that can tune the Switch chip than the TwEECer ( Basically BPT is the only place in W.A that can tune it, unless you do it yourself) but IMO the TwEECer is the better one of the two, especially with the compatability of your ECU.

Quote:
2) AFRs were only about 14-14.4 for that one which was about 1 to .5 better than before. Still not good but more power from an 80% blocked air filter.

36rwhp seems abit excessive for an AFR drop of only .5. Something definately strange there.

Quote:
SHHHH
That was done so I can get the money approval from the wife to get it tuned cause we can't really afford it. But its better than a new engine I guess. 8-)

Thats cheeky Pete. Typical woman would just kick your a*** for playing with it in the first place :lol: . "It wouldnt be on its way to blowing up if you hadnt have modified it!!"

STREETBUILT RACING

Posted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 8:30 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

XH5LWEPN wrote:
36rwhp seems abit excessive for an AFR drop of only .5. Something definately strange there.

He did say it wouldn't be a consistent 240rwhp, it was probably a fluke run which is why he didn't print it out. But if it can happen on a fluke run then when it gets tuned it should be able to beat that consistently. MCE suggested a full computer replacement but that is way too much cash for me.

When it gets tuned I'll be taking the lowest figure and saying that's what the car is.

I'll look into TwEECer only cause the car won't be modified any further but I've only heard good things about the switch chip so its either or. Switch Chip is only missing a couple of adjustable parameters that the TwEECer has from what I've read.

EL XR8

Posted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 11:08 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 28 images

Ride: '03 BA-LTD.

VIC, Australia

good work timmeh.
looking forward to the next update,

Posted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 4:08 am 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

I fitted my modified EXPLORER (upper) today and 2 1/2 to 3 inch cat back exhaust. I went to all that trouble porting and improving all the stuff in between and missed out on the PRIMARY power makers. :(

The difference in top end urge is incredible, the car now lunges towards the horizon after a 6,000rpm gear change and doesn't wheeze like before.
A 6 speed BF xr6 turbo gave me a run to 120kmh and he only had 1 1/2 lengths on me LOL :D .

Going back to get the thing dynoed some time soon but should be good for 180RWKW of STOCK GOODNESS. Yeah and that 14.0 second time slip will come with it lol. :twisted:

Posted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 11:43 am 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

Poor Timmeh. What have you done to deserve this? :?

STREETBUILT RACING

Posted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 12:17 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: AUXR6 HP With Ducati SupA Bike!

WA, Australia

XH5LWEPN wrote:

he got an E series :P

RIP SCOTT

Posted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 12:38 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: EL XR8, '08 Mondeo XR5t

Power: 205 rwkw

WA, Australia

It's all looking good mate. I look forward to see how she goes with the tune. 260 would be very impressive...

Trickflow Street Heat top end kit, 70mm BBK TB & EGR, 24lb injectors, Underdrives & 3.73s: 275rwhp - 13.15@105mph NA / 12.37@116mph N20

When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty

Posted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 12:49 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

Disco Frank wrote:
XH5LWEPN wrote:

he got an E series :P

Haha, nah im talking about this below.

t2te50 wrote:
I fitted my modified EXPLORER (upper) today and 2 1/2 to 3 inch cat back exhaust. I went to all that trouble porting and improving all the stuff in between and missed out on the PRIMARY power makers. :cry:

The difference in top end urge is incredible, the car now lunges towards the horizon after a 6,000rpm gear change and doesn't wheeze like before.
A 6 speed BF xr6 turbo gave me a run to 120kmh and he only had 1 1/2 lengths on me LOL :D .

Going back to get the thing dynoed some time soon but should be good for 180RWKW of STOCK GOODNESS. Yeah and that 14.0 second time slip will come with it lol. :twisted:

STREETBUILT RACING

Sort by  
 Page 8 of 18  [ 266 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 18  Next