Fordmods Logo

TimmyA's 93 ED Falcon 

Page 70 of 78 [ 1167 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73 ... 78  Next

Post subject: Re: TimmyA's 93 ED Falcon
Posted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:43 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 20 images

Ride: ED Falcon

Power: 133 rwkw

NSW, Australia

Well... Don't fit under the seat... Needed to be 3/4 of an inch shorter... Just hits on the tags that stop the seat from sliding...

So going to mount it in the boot where the factory amp would live... Just getting a panel made up to fill the gap inside the mudguard and should look like it was meant to be there... Sound is a bit limited in the boot... Works good through most volumes... Just runs out of puff up high... There is nowhere it fits inside the cab but... Might mount an 8" grill where the old woofer is to let the sound into the cab... Any suggestions on vent the boot to the cab like that for sound?

When the parcel carpet comes out to replace it I may just give it a whirl with the speakers out and see what it sounds like...

Cheers,
Tim

93 Red ED 5spd Manual Build Thread

Performance: Complete AUII VCT Wiring & Power Train, Pacey Headers, 2.5" Exhaust, Exedy Clutch, DBA Rotors
Visuals: FG XR Wheel, XR Front, 17's, BA 5 Spd Shifter, BA Ghia Window Switches, NL Cluster
Tunes: 8" Pioneer Sub, JBL Speakers, Clarion Double DIN Headunit

Posted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:16 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Ride: '03 BA & '06 BF Wagooons

VIC, Australia

Posted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:13 am 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: EF Fairmont

NSW, Australia

Can you mount it up under the shelf to fire through the factory hole?

Ported ED XR6 head shaved too much, AU gasket, custom Crow Cam, Pacemaker 4480's, 5-speed conversion, billet aluminium flywheel, GT clutch, T.I. Performance J3 chip, custom water/methanol injection, modified BA throttle body. Paint&Panel by Barbed Wire Fence.

Posted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:15 am 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 2 images

NSW, Australia

Can you mount it up under the shelf to fire through the factory hole?

Ported ED XR6 head shaved too much, AU gasket, custom Crow Cam, Pacemaker 4480's, 5-speed conversion, billet aluminium flywheel, GT clutch, T.I. Performance J3 chip, custom water/methanol injection, modified BA throttle body. Paint&Panel by Barbed Wire Fence.

Posted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:59 am 
Technical Contributor

NSW, Australia

That was an option, just not keen how everything in the actual bootlid rattles when it fires... Was trying to get away from it because it bugs me... It rattles even when you bump it with your hand...

Cheers,
Tim

Performance: Complete AUII VCT Wiring & Power Train, Pacey Headers, 2.5" Exhaust, Exedy Clutch, DBA Rotors
Visuals: FG XR Wheel, XR Front, 17's, BA 5 Spd Shifter, BA Ghia Window Switches, NL Cluster

Posted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 6:30 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

VIC, Australia

Posted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:12 pm 
Technical Contributor

NSW, Australia

Todays addition was DBA T2's all round...

I also fitted the one of these that I purchased...

Attachment:
$_12.JPG

Much neater than the crappy rubber one...

And redid the MGW shifter which made no improvement with the silicone gasket... If it wasn't so hard to pull out I'd say leave it out if you were buying one and use RTV...

Cheers,
Tim

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Posted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:22 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: BF XR6 Mk2, ED Gli

VIC, Australia

hey timmy i was wondering what suspension set up you have in this? and what the clearance is like?

car looks super nice btw

Posted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:28 pm 
Technical Contributor

NSW, Australia

Fronts are pedders sportsryder shocks with the their lowest grey spring and the rears are their lowest grey springs and whatever shocks came on the car when I purchased it...

Ground clearance is close... The exhaust in one section and K frame I think are the lowest parts... It doesn't look obnoxiously low from walking up to it because it has no skirts and bumpers sit a long way above the road... Haven't been hassled about it yet... My brothers cars run pedders red low springs in the rear and maybe std spring in the front with the sportsryder shocks (30mm lower spring carrier)...

On the note of suspensions... Anyone planning to do the AU upper arm mod... Highly recommend it... Love how my car corners now... Have had no issue at all to date and handling has been greatly improved...

Cheers,
Tim

Posted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:53 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

VIC, Australia

TimmyA wrote:

On the note of suspensions... Anyone planning to do the AU upper arm mod... Highly recommend it... Love how my car corners now... Have had no issue at all to date and handling has been greatly improved...

Cheers,
Tim

Hi Tim - did you also fit the AU2/3 calipers AND booster? or just the calipers? [don't remember] plus whats the best way to store the calipers & booster do you know as i'm shortly wrecking a series3 ... ohh much point in keeping the ABS?

thanks

Posted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:33 pm 
Technical Contributor

NSW, Australia

Na man,

I can't fit AU callipers/rotors because I don't have AU uprights... To run AU uprights you need to swap to the AU K-frame which is a massive mod... Or you can get a UPC kit to run AU style callipers... But that unfortunately gives AU offset on the front and then you need to run an AU I diff to get even track...

It's too hard and with the new DBA T2 rotors front and rear and RDA pads with reco'd callipers and the dual diaphragm booster from an XR I have more than adequate brakes for everyday use...

I'm not a fan of the ED ABS... Its rather crude and harsh so I don't have it...

If you are storing them moisture is the enemy... Keep them somehow away from it or plug the fluid holes up so prevent ingress of water and dirt...

Cheers,
Tim

Posted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:10 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

VIC, Australia

TimmyA wrote:
Na man,

I can't fit AU callipers/rotors because I don't have AU uprights... To run AU uprights you need to swap to the AU K-frame which is a massive mod... Or you can get a UPC kit to run AU style callipers... But that unfortunately gives AU offset on the front and then you need to run an AU I diff to get even track...

It's too hard and with the new DBA T2 rotors front and rear and RDA pads with reco'd callipers and the dual diaphragm booster from an XR I have more than adequate brakes for everyday use...

I'm not a fan of the ED ABS... Its rather crude and harsh so I don't have it...

If you are storing them moisture is the enemy... Keep them somehow away from it or plug the fluid holes up so prevent ingress of water and dirt...

Cheers,
Tim

ahh ... ok

why do you then nedd an AU1 diff? - the AU3 has ABS not ed

Posted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:43 pm 
Technical Contributor

NSW, Australia

I have no idea what your talking about...

My ED doesn't have ABS... I didn't retain the ED ABS system when I wired in the AU looms because there was no ABS to retain... I removed the majority of the ABS wiring from the AU looms before installation to neaten the engine bay...

If you swap the K frame to AU so you can run AU uprights and hence AU hubs and callipers then you'll need to run AU offset front wheels... To run AU offset wheels on the rear and maintain correct track you need to fit an AUI live axle diff... Unless you're going full hog and going to run AUII or AUIII IRS?

Cheers,
Tim

Posted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:09 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 8 images

NSW, Australia

AUII & III still had live axles. Not all were fitted with IRS.

Posted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:42 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

VIC, Australia

we have a AU2 wagoon, a AU1 fairmont sedan & a AU3 sedan. the AU3 will be stripped of parts such as motor/gearbox etc plus it also has ABS fitted .. so hence my question re ABS brakes etc. and yes they all are live axle & no [just to confuse ya] i won't be using the ABS brakes from me EB [i don't have a ED]

Sort by  
 Page 70 of 78  [ 1167 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73 ... 78  Next