Fordmods Logo

TimmyA's 93 ED Falcon 

Page 43 of 78 [ 1167 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46 ... 78  Next

Post subject: Re: TimmyA's 93 ED Falcon - HID Headlight Progress
Posted: Wed May 01, 2013 11:29 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: EB1 Fairmont Ghia T5 Wagon

NSW, Australia

Snap and I installed a kit he got in from China, which are very much the same as the Jaycar versions I believe.

I have an aftermarket alarm activating the actuators in mine as it is pre smartlock, but the theory is the same.

Cheers
BenJ

BenJ's EB T5 DOHC Ghia Wagon - Current Ride
BenJ's EB GL Sedan - Previous Ride
My respect and thanks go to - snap0964, Paulmac, SWC and MRE-50L

Posted: Wed May 01, 2013 11:41 am 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 20 images

Ride: ED Falcon

Power: 133 rwkw

NSW, Australia

I might have a look see what info I can dig up on how they work and universal types etc and see just how easy it all looks... Like you said there shouldn't be too much to it but...

The AUII is easiest stuff to find esp as I want all VCT stuff and I don't know if std XR looms had VCT provisions or not... I'd soone have looms donated from a VCT for ease... THE full AU wiring will tidy so much up and delete the extras I've had to run to get features that are std on the AU, like the variable int wipers for example...

Only extras left then will be the wiring for the door ajar system and the centre console cig lighter and boot aux power... Will be so much neater... I may even make the retainer of extra stuff into a loom myself so there is the factory loom and then my loom so it is all easily distinguished... Just worries me now that if something happens I have evidence of what I did in here but the extra wiring is fairly involved now...

Only other thing I'll be stoked about is if the Au computer drives the tacho normally and requires no signal modifying... It's about the time where I need to get my hands on a factory manual and start looking through and seeing what wires up to what before I go ordering parts...

Anybody got AU cluster wiring info so I can compare it to NL? I really hope the AUII cluster isn't just a "module" with a can bus system to it, that'll be really hard to make drive the NL cluster...

Would be nice to "acquire" an AUII VCT manual donor car... but the odds of that out here in the country will be real slim...

Cheers,
Tim

93 Red ED 5spd Manual Build Thread

Performance: Complete AUII VCT Wiring & Power Train, Pacey Headers, 2.5" Exhaust, Exedy Clutch, DBA Rotors
Visuals: FG XR Wheel, XR Front, 17's, BA 5 Spd Shifter, BA Ghia Window Switches, NL Cluster
Tunes: 8" Pioneer Sub, JBL Speakers, Clarion Double DIN Headunit

Post subject: Re: TimmyA's 93 ED Falcon - Wiper Arm Mounted Washer Jets
Posted: Sun May 19, 2013 8:25 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: el fairmont ghia

QLD, Australia

TimmyA wrote:
After having my washer jets do nothing but bug the living s**t out of me since day dot... I have been reading...

Some cars have spray bars which are ok but look tacky... And I had a great idea one day... Our truck at work has the jets clipped to the wiper arm... I thought you beauty... Turned out impossible to find izusu washer jets on the net...

After many many hours of googling and searching I found a place in the UK which sells a universal nozzle... Postage was a killer and after a nice email they slashed the postage sending them out a cheaper way... Took maybe a week longer to get here... But the price was right...

So they clip around the arm... They have a stiff plastic hose on them you feed down through the spring... And then it changes to a nice flexible vac hose to route under the cowling at the top of the bonnet...

The clip was loose on the Falcon arms so I had some real thin insertion rubber here... I snipped to skinny section and clamped the jet around it and the arm... Fixed that problem...

I bought two straight joiners... This was so I could run the hose under the cowling and pop the two ends out as I fitted the cowling to the car... I then plugged in the joiners and then plugged in the wiper arm... Feed the joiner into the cowling and then bolted the arm back in place...

Used a cable tie on each arm to help hold the hose to the arm about mid span... And had to make the passenger wiper hole bigger too allow the hose through without crushing it... And I ran the last bit on the drivers side on top of the cowling (under the bonnet) due to the lack of space under it... Just drilled a hole for it and had to dremell the cowling a bit so it didn't kink the hose as the wiper arm came all the way down...

Last trick was the wiper blades have a rubber thing on them to cause the air to push them down... Because I wanted the top two jets (each arm now has 4 jets) to go above the blade I snipped a couple of sections of the rubber out so I could angle the jets down as far as possible so they didn't shoot off the car at full stroke...

I'm stoked... Work great... Make a funny noise... But who cares... Now I should always have functional jets no matter what speed I'm doing... Pics below should explain themselves I hope...

This one is out of focus on the drivers side to show the passenger pipe as it ducks into the cowling

And they are hard as s**t to video... But this will give you some idea...

Anybody who is keen they are here:

http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/motorspor ... asher-jets

I talked them into 8GBP shipping so was a whole $35 to $40... Email them if you are keen and ask if there any cheaper rates to here for two nozzles...

Let me know your thoughts...

Cheers,
Tim

hey mate you wouldn't happen to have a link to where you got these?

Muts EL Fairmont Ghia
did someone call 9 1 HOLY s**t?

Posted: Sun May 19, 2013 8:30 pm 
Technical Contributor

NSW, Australia

Ahhh... Yeah... The link in the section of my thread you just copied?

Where I wrote

Quote:

And then if you read more in the section above I said email them about cheaper rates to Aussie land because from memory their checkout made it dear and a quick email and they give me a cheaper postage option...

Cheers,
Tim

Performance: Complete AUII VCT Wiring & Power Train, Pacey Headers, 2.5" Exhaust, Exedy Clutch, DBA Rotors
Visuals: FG XR Wheel, XR Front, 17's, BA 5 Spd Shifter, BA Ghia Window Switches, NL Cluster

Posted: Sun May 19, 2013 8:35 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

TimmyA wrote:
Ahhh... Yeah... The link in the section of my thread you just copied?

Where I wrote

Quote:

And then if you read more in the section above I said email them about cheaper rates to Aussie land because from memory their checkout made it dear and a quick email and they give me a cheaper postage option...

Cheers,
Tim

sorry bud, I missed that part, I do like what you've done with the car, it's all very neat

Muts EL Fairmont Ghia

Posted: Sun May 19, 2013 8:38 pm 
Technical Contributor

NSW, Australia

haha...

I thought you must have been having me on... Has this sort of look on my face... :?

It's no worries...

Thanks man... At that stage where I'm doing my house up and the car as pretty much done up to where I wanted it to be... Few other small odds and ends to do in time... The major stuff is done for now... Maybe full AU electrics one day, that'll be where I have more time available but...

Cheers,
Tim

Posted: Sun May 19, 2013 8:44 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

TimmyA wrote:
haha...

I thought you must have been having me on... Has this sort of look on my face... :?

It's no worries...

Thanks man... At that stage where I'm doing my house up and the car as pretty much done up to where I wanted it to be... Few other small odds and ends to do in time... The major stuff is done for now... Maybe full AU electrics one day, that'll be where I have more time available but...

Cheers,
Tim

yeah bit to much time in the sun today haha

Muts EL Fairmont Ghia

Post subject: Re: TimmyA's 93 ED Falcon - Double DIN Madness
Posted: Thu May 30, 2013 11:32 pm 
Technical Contributor

NSW, Australia

Dudes,

Would anybody reading this have the capability to successfully work with plastics in such a way that they could turn this:

into this for me?

I would give it a go but I hate working with anything that sets because I never get it right before it sets... But if someone would charge an acceptable amount and make this for me I'd be stoked...

:mrgreen:

Cheers,
Tim

Posted: Thu May 30, 2013 11:40 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Ride: '03 BA & '06 BF Wagooons

VIC, Australia

TimmyA wrote:
Dudes,

Would anybody reading this have the capability to successfully work with plastics in such a way for me?

Cheers,
Tim

considering ALLL your skills :roll: i find it hard that you canna do this little thing :lol: :mrgreen:

Posted: Thu May 30, 2013 11:46 pm 
Technical Contributor

NSW, Australia

probably could... Just really don't feel to have the patience for plastics and sculpting...I have a bad habit of teasing it way too long into when you should be letting it set and making one big mess...

I have tonnes of patience for all things electrical and mechanical... But I still to my hat off to people like SWC, Troyman, and Benj for all the custom working they've done of bumpers, bonnets, and the like because I could never have that much patience with a sanding block...

Cheers,
Tim

Posted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:09 am 
Technical Contributor

NSW, Australia

anybody at all?

Come on... Somebody one here must be able to do this for exchange of Australian Dollar? Otherwise I'll start reading into how to have a crack myself...

Cheers... :D
Tim

Posted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:27 am 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: 96 XH/97 EL

NSW, Australia

TimmyA wrote:
Otherwise I'll start reading into how to have a crack myself...
You have the ability - get to work and get it done .

96 XH Longreach 'S': LPG, Alarm, 3.23:1 LSD, Cruise, Trip Comp, ABS, Power Windows, Mid Series Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl
97 EL Futura S/W: LPG, Alarm, LED int Lts, Trip Comp, F/Lane Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl, T5 Conversion

Posted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:37 pm 
Technical Contributor

NSW, Australia

Ray,

May have too... Trouble is I cannot buy any of the required "stuff" where I live so need to work out what products will work best and buy the associated stuff over the net, or wait til I'm somewhere that does sell the stuff... Do to lack of time more so than anything currently I was looking for an alternate option...

At the least is there any bogs, putty's, fillers, etc people would recommend?

Cheers,
Tim

Posted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:20 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Ride: '03 BA & '06 BF Wagooons

VIC, Australia

TimmyA wrote:
Dudes,

Would anybody reading this have the capability to successfully work with plastics in such a way for me?

Cheers,
Tim

so where did ya get the pic from of the finished product????

yeah you tell em snap :D

Posted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:22 pm 
Technical Contributor

NSW, Australia

google images... :D

Cheers,
Tim

Sort by  
 Page 43 of 78  [ 1167 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46 ... 78  Next