Fordmods Logo

TimmyA's 93 ED Falcon 

Page 55 of 78 [ 1167 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58 ... 78  Next

Post subject: Re: TimmyA's 93 ED Falcon - AU into ED in progress...
Posted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:39 am 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 20 images

Ride: ED Falcon

Power: 133 rwkw

NSW, Australia

Ah yeah... Mmmm might file that in the too hard box now... Could've maybe created something neat and factory looking before I added in all this wiring... As I already had the door button wires added in if that was good enough to work it'd be easy and fantastic... But I'll survive...

Whats a wagon tailgate switch? Like the a door button or something else?

Cheers,
Tim

93 Red ED 5spd Manual Build Thread

Performance: Complete AUII VCT Wiring & Power Train, Pacey Headers, 2.5" Exhaust, Exedy Clutch, DBA Rotors
Visuals: FG XR Wheel, XR Front, 17's, BA 5 Spd Shifter, BA Ghia Window Switches, NL Cluster
Tunes: 8" Pioneer Sub, JBL Speakers, Clarion Double DIN Headunit

Posted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:00 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: 96 XH/97 EL

NSW, Australia

The wagon tailgate switches are essentially a door ajar switch, without the resistors inside - so an on/off switch.
Maybe the sedans have the same for the bootlight ??

96 XH Longreach 'S': LPG, Alarm, 3.23:1 LSD, Cruise, Trip Comp, ABS, Power Windows, Mid Series Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl
97 EL Futura S/W: LPG, Alarm, LED int Lts, Trip Comp, F/Lane Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl, T5 Conversion

Posted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:26 pm 
Technical Contributor

NSW, Australia

Na no good there snap... The sedan boot lock has some form of integral switch... 3 wires run to it... One wire powers to trigger the open... One is earth and one runs back to the light... Once the latch is popped open the white wire is grounded and it brings the lamp on... The latch thing is a one piece folded up thing... Never looked hard enough but to see if it comes apart...

Finally got it full of coolant tonight and took it for a squirt...

What a different car to drive! It feels so light and effortless... It'd rev way past 5500... The exedy clutch is still fantastic... Just amazing compared to the massive flat spot it had with the EL XR computer...

Ran the scan tool on it and it has 3 error codes... 2 I expected... 1 is the purge solenoid is open circuit... Trying to find an AU one in good nic if someone has an AU they're wrecking and want to sell it to me... This way it plugs in and looks factory and the AU ones seem to give no hassle like the ED ones do... Second code is low pressure in AC system... probably because it has no gas in it... And the third is labelled as Thermofan 2 output faulty... Have no idea what this means... checked everything... bridged out the relays... get low and high speed... All works as intended... Traced the control circuits back... They all work... So have no idea why I am getting this fan 2 fault...

Just gotta get a couple of keys cut now... Same as my ED barrels but with a transponder and programmed up to start the car...

Cheers,
Tim

Performance: Complete AUII VCT Wiring & Power Train, Pacey Headers, 2.5" Exhaust, Exedy Clutch, DBA Rotors
Visuals: FG XR Wheel, XR Front, 17's, BA 5 Spd Shifter, BA Ghia Window Switches, NL Cluster

Posted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:25 am 
Technical Contributor

NSW, Australia

Bit closer again... Got the gas pulled out of the system this arvo and the EF/EL wiper motor installed... All this has is a longer cord to reach the plug above the booster... Looks more tidy... All works as intended... Spent the arvo fiddling with the thermo fans trying to get rid of this thermofan 2 output malfunction alarm... I put the AU fans in I have here... code still exists... Put the spare AU computer in... code still exists... Hoping it's linked to not having enough gas in the AC system as it brings fans on flat out... Not entirely sure... I did discover I had a dodgy relay thought as I was having no low speed and only 1 fan on high speed once the car got hotter... That still didn't fix the issue... Crazy... Time will tell...

The parts are here for the AC system lines... For those not aware AC systems vary from hydraulic systems in that you have a fitting with an external barb with a separate ferrule for hydraulic whereas AC systems the ferrule is bulged onto the fitting and wont remove, once it's crimped you can't cut the ferrule off to save the fitting...

So the pressure hose is getting an inline joiner as there wasn't much option due to the very different hose lengths between AU and ED and the was it mounts in general... The suction I am keeping the AU hose, cutting it off at the top ferrule and then cutting off the old ED fitting at the top and cleaning it up and having a new fitting welded professionally straight onto the end of the pipe and then crimping the hose into it... This way the AC line you actually see will look factory done and it'll be a full ED system with TX valve just pumped by an AU compressor which has the muffler mounted to the back it...

Fix the stereo up tomorrow and maybe get a happy snap or two... Been a bit slack with photos so far...

Cheers,
Tim

Posted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:38 am 

Ride: AU XR8

NSW, Australia

this may have some bearing on your fans, also if you don't run both sensors in the a/c pipe /muffler tube your fans run full speed if a/c switch is on

Posted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:41 am 
Technical Contributor

NSW, Australia

Troy...

Thanks man... I tried everything to clear the code... Nothing works yet if you let the car get hot both fans definitely come on low and both definitely come on high... So am hoping once the au system is gassed and going then it'll all work... Definitely running both sensors in that muffler thing but...

Cheers,
Tim

Posted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:34 am 
Technical Contributor

NSW, Australia

Is anyone reading my threads the proud owner of an au parts car they'd want to sell me a good set of top arms from? For something that I'd think nobody would want eBay sure seems to be asking a s**t of money for the said part... If I have no lucky scores on here I'll suss the wreckers out in griff one weekend...

Car still goes like the powers of piss... Seems a shame to have to keep backing it off at 50km/hr around town... When it's cold it has a big hesitation the first time you take off and then seems fine... Going to see if a pcm upgrade exists for it... All sensors work fine and I've spent hours with the scan tool in real time mode seeing analogues out of the motor so all seems to be working and I have no relevant codes from anything either...

Just sussing out a smaller toolbox to live in the boot seeing as I don't need half the smartlock odds and ends I used to cart around anymore... Centre console and back seat to go in and it's back to being car looking again... Then just got ac lines to go as time allows...

Cheers,
Tim

Posted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:06 am 
Fordmods Junkie

Ride: '03 BA & '06 BF Wagooons

VIC, Australia

Posted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:20 am 
Technical Contributor

NSW, Australia

Dimensions and weight of they're handy? I have to travel 120kms round trip to the wrecker anyway... Quite often easier and cheaper to post...

Posted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:26 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Ride: '03 BA & '06 BF Wagooons

VIC, Australia

nah .... cars still drivable lol .... waiting for "new" sedan [pickup in a week] & then pick whats wanted off it :mrgreen:

Posted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:17 am 
Technical Contributor

NSW, Australia

If someone with an au can get back to me asap with a photo or description that'd be fantastic... Making up the hybrid air con lines and the big au suction hose has a bracket that mounts it to the top of the strut tower... Which bolt does it go under on an au? On mine it seems to sit best under the shocker stud itself the best... Same as au?

Cheers,
Tim

Posted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 2:05 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

All i can say is this guy likes to do things good and proper and complete , congratulations for coming so far your almost done :)

Posted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 2:10 pm 
Technical Contributor

NSW, Australia

Cheers dude...

Turns out it fits best under the front most bolt holding the shocker assembly in the tower...

Lines should be just about crimped up and I'll be off soon to pick them up from the air con guy and compressor is getting an oil change and it'll be set too...

It is going to look sweet with the AU plumbing joining into and running the TX valve system... I have the best SOHC compressor style with the best valve style (AU runs that crappy orifice)... Should have magic air con with a silent high efficiency and cheap to replace pump (ED pumps are so dear)...

Cheers,
Tim

Posted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 2:22 pm 

Ride: AU XR8

NSW, Australia

mine is bolted to the front shock tower bolt, the one that's closest to the front..
it looks as if its pushing on the hose a little but that's how it was factory...

Posted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 2:27 pm 
Technical Contributor

NSW, Australia

Thanks Troy,

Yeah same thing with mine... Pushes it toward the manifold a bit so that the intake up onto the BBM clears it without rubbing as much as possible...

Managed to get it looking pretty good... Hopefully they crimped it where I had it all marked properly and it looks the same once it goes back on...

Cheers,
Tim

Sort by  
 Page 55 of 78  [ 1167 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58 ... 78  Next