Fordmods Logo

TimmyA's 93 ED Falcon 

Page 60 of 78 [ 1167 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63 ... 78  Next

Post subject: Re: TimmyA's 93 ED Falcon - AU Revision Progress
Posted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:24 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 20 images

Ride: ED Falcon

Power: 133 rwkw

NSW, Australia

Mad,

As long as it has a high series instrument cluster with the door ajar it will have those sensors ... I was looking for ea ones originally but managed to get the nl ones apart in the end to modify them...

Cheers,
Tim

93 Red ED 5spd Manual Build Thread

Performance: Complete AUII VCT Wiring & Power Train, Pacey Headers, 2.5" Exhaust, Exedy Clutch, DBA Rotors
Visuals: FG XR Wheel, XR Front, 17's, BA 5 Spd Shifter, BA Ghia Window Switches, NL Cluster
Tunes: 8" Pioneer Sub, JBL Speakers, Clarion Double DIN Headunit

Posted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:37 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Ride: '03 BA & '06 BF Wagooons

VIC, Australia

then i must hava betta look at the doors again..... :roll:

thanks again :mrgreen:

Posted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:15 pm 
Technical Contributor

NSW, Australia

Not sure how many of you follow what I'm doing here, but here is the info and my take on Ray's advice...

You start with a mud map:

Now difference between what Ray has done and mine is I was able to eliminate 4 relays and replace them with diodes... Makes it a touch more space saving and doing that got me down to 12 wires coming into the circuit... There is 4x switched in from the modified door ajar sensors... There is 4x resistance out to drive the cluster... There is 2x interior light trigger out (1 driver, 1 passenger)... There is 12V in for the relays and earth in for the resistance for the cluster... All wires are numbered on the drawing above 1 thru 12...

You then visit your friendly jaycar store and buy a whole s**t of bits and pieces as well as spares just in case... Spend hours thinking about how you're going to lay out everything on the vero board and then start making it up...

You get this:

That is it completed... I just need to do some testing first and then finally solder the relays and plugs on... All works so far... It is fairly compact and should fit behind the driver kick panel no worries... Plus if anything ever happens I can unplug it to get it out somewhere where I can fix problems... Don't think it'll fit in a plastic case but, will probably insulated it and mount it like that...

And the under side... Keeping in mind vero board is a bit agricultural and never the neatest stuff...

Once I get it finished up I'll remove all the unneeded copper tracks to avoid any hassles that may arise from it...

That's it for now, this will eliminate any door locking issues, trigger the interior light when on door ajar and give me full intended function of the AU system...

Cheers,
Tim

Performance: Complete AUII VCT Wiring & Power Train, Pacey Headers, 2.5" Exhaust, Exedy Clutch, DBA Rotors
Visuals: FG XR Wheel, XR Front, 17's, BA 5 Spd Shifter, BA Ghia Window Switches, NL Cluster

Posted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:30 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: Subaru Liberty RX Wagon MY03

NSW, Australia

Nice. Whenever I draw out a circuit, it ends up looking like a bunch of squiggles. I know what it means, that's the important thing lol.

Current ride: MY03 Liberty RX Wagon
EBII S-XR6, Now 5 speed. Moved on to greener pastures...

Posted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:35 pm 
Technical Contributor

NSW, Australia

Cheers man... I know what you're saying but... Taken many years for me to be able to think about about it well enough before I start so as to not just have it turn out looking like total crap... Planning the component placement on the veroboard was harder... Esp when stuff needs to cross over... Easy to draw a hop on the paper... With a circuit but I try to avoid having too many hops...

Cheers,
Tim

Posted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:46 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Ride: '03 BA & '06 BF Wagooons

VIC, Australia

Posted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:56 pm 
Technical Contributor

NSW, Australia

Still good s**t for simple one off's like this... Jaycar still sell it which is a plus!

Cheers,
Tim

Posted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:01 am 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: 96 XH/97 EL

NSW, Australia

Good on you Tim - good to see the :idea: come on re modding the switches.

No diode in the drivers door courtesy line ??

If you had the high series boxcar courtesy lines in the doors (for the lift handle), you could set up that circuit and get rid of the relays.

96 XH Longreach 'S': LPG, Alarm, 3.23:1 LSD, Cruise, Trip Comp, ABS, Power Windows, Mid Series Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl
97 EL Futura S/W: LPG, Alarm, LED int Lts, Trip Comp, F/Lane Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl, T5 Conversion

Posted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:18 am 
Technical Contributor

NSW, Australia

Ray,

Yeah I have a couple of those switches here, but they're early ones and literally just two pieces of steel all exposed to dust and dirt... Not sure if ef or El style ones were better...

This will keep me out of trouble and most attractively won't involve adding wiring into the doors... :mrgreen:

Na drivers door doesn't need one because it has its own bem input... The others did so one door opening didn't bring on 3 relays... But because they come in a pack of 4 I used one for it on the circuit board anyway...

Cheers,
Tim

Posted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:45 pm 
Technical Contributor

NSW, Australia

Well it's all together and works as intended which is always a nice sign... I forgot to solder one coil pin on two relays which caused an initial amount of confusion but once rectified we have a winner...

Spent this arvo cleaning most of the unneeded rows off the vero board... Now just need to work out where I am going to mount it and then cut to a suitable size and mount up... Then to spend a weekend replacing the door ajar sensors... :evil: Damn b**ch of a job...

Cheers,
Tim

Posted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 2:54 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

hey dude, just wondering what you did with the starter relay wire?
i cant think of how the e-series incorporate the starter relay in the system, 99% sure its not from the ECU like the AU.

XG Panelvan
mild engine, EL ECU & J3, HI6 & MSD coil

in the shed - .595" lift cam, GT4202, forged AU engine, ems 4424 ecu, glide & 5500 stall - next-bellhousing

XH ute daily - DOHC BA XR6 engine, T5, AU3 ECU, J3 chip, wideband & logger, ported BBM, 3" intake

Posted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:57 am 
Oompa Loompa

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: ea ford falcon/ghia

VIC, Australia

So i have finnished putting the au motor in the ea everything that i know of has been done just waiting on the j3 chip for the ecu then i will be cranking it over and seeing how it goes i used half the engine bay loom from a au and then the rest was my eb loom

Posted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:57 pm 
Technical Contributor

NSW, Australia

misk,

I used it because I have full AU remember... Yes the BEM tells the EEC to start the car and then it drives the start relay...

Your system will look like this but:

Attachment:
EA EB ED Factory Manual Voumel 2.pdf

Because your will start without that wire then I'd think you just leave it disconnected...

Cheers,
Tim

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Posted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 2:54 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

ahh true! didn't even think about that haha.
thanks dude.

XG Panelvan
mild engine, EL ECU & J3, HI6 & MSD coil

in the shed - .595" lift cam, GT4202, forged AU engine, ems 4424 ecu, glide & 5500 stall - next-bellhousing

XH ute daily - DOHC BA XR6 engine, T5, AU3 ECU, J3 chip, wideband & logger, ported BBM, 3" intake

Posted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:06 pm 
Technical Contributor

NSW, Australia

I've mentioned this once, but I figure if I mention it again it wont hurt...

Does anyone have a good pair of AU front upper control arms lying around they wish to part with? I need the brackets that mount the arm into the tower also...

Cheers,
Tim

Sort by  
 Page 60 of 78  [ 1167 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63 ... 78  Next