Fordmods Logo

TimmyA's 93 ED Falcon 

Page 65 of 78 [ 1167 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68 ... 78  Next

Post subject: Re: TimmyA's 93 ED Falcon - LED Difficulties...
Posted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:05 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 20 images

Ride: ED Falcon

Power: 133 rwkw

NSW, Australia

You dudes may be able to help me out...

Does anyone in NSW know what the fines/points are being too low? Or how they even determine it on the side of the road?

I was having a read of the ADR because the RTA says you need to comply with that...

http://www.comlaw.gov.au/Details/F2007C00222

Down on 43.4.4 details it exactly and it's fairly involved... Depending on what the wheel base it varies how low you can be and such...

Just heading off on holidays soon and don't want to get stuck leaving the summernats because sure as hell they'll be stationed on the way out? And in that case does it vary state to state? Just making sure everything is tip top having not been defected before I can find very little from the RMS on how it works if it comes to that...

Cheers,
Tim

93 Red ED 5spd Manual Build Thread

Performance: Complete AUII VCT Wiring & Power Train, Pacey Headers, 2.5" Exhaust, Exedy Clutch, DBA Rotors
Visuals: FG XR Wheel, XR Front, 17's, BA 5 Spd Shifter, BA Ghia Window Switches, NL Cluster
Tunes: 8" Pioneer Sub, JBL Speakers, Clarion Double DIN Headunit

Posted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 8:08 pm 

Ride: AU XR8

NSW, Australia

in nsw ive seen the police use a 4"/100mm wheel on a stick, if the wheel touches anywhere on chassis or exhaust its deemed to low..

Posted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 8:28 pm 
Technical Contributor

NSW, Australia

Did you ever have it run under yours Troy?

Just haven't been stopped in a blitz before and am concerned they'll find something to pick on regardless of conformity...

What's the conditions if it's too low or something else fails? Still drivable? Or they cause you to be stuck while on holidays?

Cheers,
Tim

Performance: Complete AUII VCT Wiring & Power Train, Pacey Headers, 2.5" Exhaust, Exedy Clutch, DBA Rotors
Visuals: FG XR Wheel, XR Front, 17's, BA 5 Spd Shifter, BA Ghia Window Switches, NL Cluster

Posted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 8:34 pm 

Ride: AU XR8

NSW, Australia

I havnt myself but a while back svomatt had his defected by the 4" wheel..lol

if anything its would be a yellow defect meaning its still drivable for the 21 days to fix defects, unless its a safety thing then its red defect and tow home...

tbh if you don't drive like a d**k and your car isn't stupid loud or covered in bright lights you will be fine.. I see heaps of illegal low cars getting around in Sydney, its more a wrong place at wrong time deal...

Posted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 8:59 pm 
Technical Contributor

NSW, Australia

Yeah just preparing for the worst leaving the nats is all... Living out here in the sticks is hassle free mostly... Haven't been a part of these raid thingos they do in the cities yet... Time will tell...

Same rules apply in various states? Or I get fined under NSW law because of the rego or...?

Cheers,
Tim

Posted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:13 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: EF Fairmont

NSW, Australia

TimmyA wrote:
Yeah just preparing for the worst leaving the nats is all... Living out here in the sticks is hassle free mostly... Haven't been a part of these raid thingos they do in the cities yet... Time will tell...

Same rules apply in various states? Or I get fined under NSW law because of the rego or...?

Cheers,
Tim

Don't worry too much Tim, yours is almost stock to most of what is going to be there. Just drive sensible, don't be a d**k and you will be fine.

Posted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:41 pm 
Technical Contributor

NSW, Australia

Yeah cheers guys...

That's the plan at least... Always prepared for the worst but... It's times like that when your pride and joy could become a PITA...

Cheers,
Tim

Posted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:52 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Ride: '03 BA & '06 BF Wagooons

VIC, Australia

TimmyA wrote:

Cheers,
Tim

similar rules i believe ? - vic was 5 inch years ago i think from memory?? & unless rules been changed recently ... you get fined here in vic no matter where ya from IF ya do it here

Posted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:19 pm 
Technical Contributor

NSW, Australia

Yeah but if I got defected for 4.5 inches in Vic and then came back to nsw I could pass a blue slip because I'm above 4... This is what I was curious on...

Cheers,
Tim

Posted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 10:15 am 
Fordmods Junkie

VIC, Australia

considering that there a quite a few 'lowered' cars down here with yours looking stock etc you should be fine

Posted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 8:21 pm 
Technical Contributor

NSW, Australia

As a side note my new front safebrake hoses turned up today... Anybody ordering these I strongly suggest if you car is lowered you get them custom made a lot longer in the front...

My old set were really worrying me as they popped the heatshrink out of the crimp ferrule and wore through the clear rubber on the ferrule edge down to the stainless braid...

I have had a custom front pair of hoses 65mm longer made and these are much better and don't pull tight on the ferrule edge under any circumstance but even could have been longer still with no issues...

Don't have any photos of the old pair installed and as such there is no point in getting a photo of the new pair for comparison...

More a FYI if you are getting a set for ED and probably EF/EL too...

Cheers,
Tim

Posted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:10 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

VIC, Australia

we.......

looks like i 'might' be doing the similar as you Timmmy.....

i have a '99 AU fairmont sedan she don't want..... & i don't want..... has what appears to be a good/strong motor/box

..... :roll:

Post subject: Re: TimmyA's 93 ED Falcon
Posted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 4:52 pm 
Technical Contributor

NSW, Australia

Yeah well here to help... But the AU1 wiring does significantly vary from the series 2 install and all the wiring I have is for series 2 but happy to help out where possible... If you transplant like I did most isn't too hard, but you'll need to sort out locking because I am not sure if the actuators used in series 1 worked the same way as series 2 or not and I know if you fitted a later actuator to a series 1 then you need to cut a wiring or something of that nature at the BEM... There was a TSB on doing it... Other than that difference between smartlock and smartshield thats pretty much the half of it, you wont need transponder keys or anything either being smartlock...

But between what I remember and the photos I shared we should be able to work something out...

Well home from holidays again... Summernats turned out to be more redneck like than I expected... Thursday arvo was pretty good... Bugger all people there and got a good look around plus it was overcast and cool... Friday was packed and people were everywhere... It started off cool and overcast and by lunch there was no shade, full sun, our gold passes weren't getting us any special seating and we finished that day off and called it quits seeing as Saturday was going to be busier still... So spent Saturday walking around Canberra Centre in the reverse cycle shopping and much more enjoyed that by then...

Monday we flew to Cairns for a few days and thats the first time I've not only been to qld but been that far up the coast... You crazy people from up there can keep that 80% humidity every day s**t... Was so glad to get back to Canberra by the end but enjoyed all things tropical up there...

Car behaved good... Did 1095km all up... Only issue was the cruise wouldn't turn on from Gundagai onward and I fixed it at canberra turns out the cruise interface module is turning it off but not on so I need to test it and suss out what is going on... I just used a relay to replace it so the on/off button just turned cruise on... Nice being able to fix things on the side of road... I filled up when I got home and totaled my receipts to 108.8L of fuel and this means as an entire trip average I got 9.93L/100... Considering Canberra and back is 720km and hence 375 of driving around canberra for a week I'm quite happy with AU fuel economy...

Photos to come of the holiday... I have a s**t so may just post a link to photobucket... See how I feel...

Cheers,
Tim

Posted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 5:40 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

VIC, Australia

good to hear all went well :D pity re cruise altho thats a 'small' problem :?

furtherest i've been up is the film/resort area good fa takin long walks......

as too the AU1 .... if i do anything with it it will be similar to you but will need ta fit the dash as well coz of the climate control & it wont be in a AU

that many pics taken lol :shock:

Posted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 7:21 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: 96 XH/97 EL

NSW, Australia

TimmyA wrote:
Monday we flew to Cairns for a few days and thats the first time I've not only been to qld but been that far up the coast... You crazy people from up there can keep that 80% humidity every day s**t... Was so glad to get back to Canberra by the end but enjoyed all things tropical up there...
Best time up there is around June/July, low humidity, sunny days, perfect - no box jellyfish that time of year either.

96 XH Longreach 'S': LPG, Alarm, 3.23:1 LSD, Cruise, Trip Comp, ABS, Power Windows, Mid Series Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl
97 EL Futura S/W: LPG, Alarm, LED int Lts, Trip Comp, F/Lane Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl, T5 Conversion

Sort by  
 Page 65 of 78  [ 1167 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68 ... 78  Next