Fordmods Logo

ToranaGuy - Got my kicks on Route 66! :-) 

Page 70 of 81 [ 1212 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73 ... 81  Next

Post subject: Re: ToranaGuys Build Thread - Small progress update
Posted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 5:25 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: EB2 Ghia,Mighty Boy,Eb1 Xr8 5spd

VIC, Australia

I managed to give the LPG a tune on friday night, before an overnight trip to up just past Seymour. Did the trip on LPG, the Ghia run almost silky smooth, which I thought was really good (and odd) for what was a quick "auto tune" in the LPG software.

This can mean only one thing. The misfire I've been chasing.....it's in the fuel(petrol) system. It's not long had a brand new regulator, a set of reco injectors, fuel filter & I cleaned out the tank. I think I should scrounge a set of injectors out of my shed & swap them over, see what happens. The reco's might be playing up. I'll be p****d off if they are!

Cheers

ToranaGuy

I am the ToranaGuy!|74 Lh Torana Turbo|78 Hz PanelVan|86 Mighty Boy Ute|93 EB2 Ghia,GT Mockup,5spd,LPGI,Full Leather|2 x EB Xr8 5spd's|FS [VIC]: Wrecking - Eb XR8 - Parts available |Build Thread|Ebay Items - Ford Parts|

Posted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:58 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Lots of views the last few days, no posts at all? Wow, I gotta spice it up a bit I think.

Today I got a bit of work done, swapped in a new starter motor on the tx5 as it's starter died on Saturday. Luckily we had one on the shelf at work. :) While I was there, swapped the combination switch, so the washer jets work again now. Fixed a valve cover gasket oil leak too.

Moved onto the red Xr8 & got the pcv valve grommet changed, wasn't too hard even with the manifold in place, when done from the passenger side of the car.

Had a bloke come to checkout the mighty boy I'm wrecking out, wants a few bits, have to get them off before next Sunday so I can make a few more bucks out of it.

Also sold a couple more little bits off the Xr8 I'm parting out, which reminds me that I better package them up so I can post them out soon.

Cheers

ToranaGuy

I am the ToranaGuy!|74 Lh Torana Turbo|78 Hz PanelVan|86 Mighty Boy Ute|93 EB2 Ghia,GT Mockup,5spd,LPGI,Full Leather|2 x EB Xr8 5spd's|FS [VIC]: Wrecking - Eb XR8 - Parts available |Build Thread|Ebay Items - Ford Parts|

Posted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:21 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: 5.0 AU's and 5.0 Maverick

Power: 139 rwkw

NSW, Australia

Its funny how its either everything stuffing up at once or nothing hey.
Life would be so much easier if there was just constant little niggles instead of everything having to be done at once and then nothing for a while.

xr6turnip wrote:
More people paid for a ride in a VT commodore then an AU Falcon so the VT is superior.
Based on that fact my Mum is the best around!

Posted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:43 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

EVL098 wrote:
Its funny how its either everything stuffing up at once or nothing hey.
Life would be so much easier if there was just constant little niggles instead of everything having to be done at once and then nothing for a while.

I'm hearing you man. It would be paradise I think! At least the warmer weather is starting to show it's face, meaning we can get some s**t done for a change lol. I can see many sunrises in my near future, from working all night long lol.

Cheers

ToranaGuy

Posted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:08 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Picked up a set of door locks with matching ignition barrel for my panel van, some NOS we had lying around at work that I found the other day lol.

Also got a delivery of mighty boy turbo flanges...yep, tiny progress happening there.

Pics up later if photobucket is working for me tonight lol.

Cheers

ToranaGuy

Posted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:12 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

I don't think I need to say much about these bits!

Cheers

ToranaGuy

Posted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:27 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

We have a few ABW tools on clearance at work, so I took a look see thru....found something that I really should have. Angular Torque gauge! Yay, it was only $14 as well, so I snapped that up, because we all know if you own an Eseries, you will be doing a head job on it more than once. I think I'm up to the 4th time in 8 years lol....

Anyway, stuff to do, might post up some pics later.

Cheers

ToranaGuy

Post subject: Re: ToranaGuys Build Thread - Ghia cyl head job lol
Posted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:21 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: 1991 eb1 fairmont

QLD, Australia

ToranaGuy wrote:
Got the oil change done on the tx5 turbo today, and then went to work on the xr8. Damn, it's not a 7mm allen bit that I required. I think I'll go pickup a set of them tomorrow so I can get the plugs done & get the thing running.

So then I moved onto playing with the mighty boy. Pulled the intake setup off, can't see any cracks, but did notice that it seems I have the wrong intake for the cylinder head. My manifold has extra coolant passages that the head doesn't have. This could cause coolant to leak past the intake gasket & into the runners.

Which would get into the engine, and if any get's past the rings due to the spark getting put out, it would end up in the oil. Grrrr, why does s**t have to be so hard?

Seems I have the wrong intake manifold on the engine.

Some pics... intake manifold - pre EGR type.

Intake manifold - EGR type. The cylinder head on the F5a engine I have has extra holes in it to mate up to the extra holes in the manifold.

Trouble with just swapping the manifolds over is that I then need to change the exhaust manifold to a pre EGR type, which I thought I had one, but it seems I don't! :oops:

Cheers

ToranaGuy

daihatsu sirion conversion will fix that

Post subject: Re: ToranaGuys Build Thread - Ghia cyl head job lol
Posted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:00 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

rustyeb1991 wrote:

daihatsu sirion conversion will fix that

I can't go that way mate, too much money in the F8b conversion already. I think I've worked out a solution, but not going to let the cat out of the bag just yet.

Cheers

ToranaGuy

Posted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:32 pm 
Tyre Shredder

QLD, Australia

used to have the 540cc suzuki hatch in hemi orange with blacked out centre of bonnet"charger style" and 13" laser alloys. still miss it.

Posted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:40 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

rustyeb1991 wrote:
used to have the 540cc suzuki hatch in hemi orange with blacked out centre of bonnet"charger style" and 13" laser alloys. still miss it.

Sounds cool. Got any pics of it?

In other news, oh wait, there really isn't any, have not had a change to work on the car's all week yet. Tomorrow night tho, and this weekend, should get a bit done.

Cheers

ToranaGuy

Posted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:52 am 
Tyre Shredder

QLD, Australia

somewhere will post up when we find them.

Posted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:32 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

I have finally got the mighty boy running, after some Quick Steel in a coolant passage in the manifold that I don't need, then swapped for a known half decent running carby, then it ran with a poor spark, the advance was playing up. Swapped in another distributor & it's running pretty good.

I couldn't find a carby base gasket so I had to make one, I'll post up a pic later, gotta go put some fresh premo in the tank.

Cheers

ToranaGuy

Posted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:56 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Home made carby gasket pic.............the stuff you do when you can't get one & have to get it back together. Works a treat, no vac leaks!

Took the boy for a spin to get some fuel, forgot how noisy the exhaust is lol. It's running pretty reasonable, should be good enough to get me to work & back once I swap the temp sender over so I can tell how hot it's running & then set the thermo fan at the right temp.

Cheers

ToranaGuy

Post subject: Re: ToranaGuys Build Thread - Mighty Boy runs Again!
Posted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:11 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

I got a little time the other night to fit the new temp sender to the mighty boy, so that's now in. Just need to adjust the tappets, and few little fiddly things before I can drive it again.

I also swapped the injectors in the EB Ghia, and the "reco's" are away for warranty. It's running much better on petrol now, so it's finally good on petrol & gas.

Got the hardware to make the thermo fan loom for the Xr8 as well, just gotta get some good weather to get it done.

Cheers

ToranaGuy

Sort by  
 Page 70 of 81  [ 1212 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73 ... 81  Next