Fordmods Logo

ToranaGuy - Got my kicks on Route 66! :-) 

Page 71 of 81 [ 1212 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74 ... 81  Next

Post subject: Re: ToranaGuys Build Thread - Mighty Boy runs Again!
Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:55 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: DENTED UP OLD AUT WAGON

New Zealand

Hardware for thermo fan loom? Good stuff. Photos... Want to show someone else how it is done.

Hey old bean, quick "off topic, bound to get banned" question for you.

Can I put an oil cooler from the EF Tranny into the power steering return line without blowing everything up? The high pressure is only from the pump to the steering box, right?

[EDIT] Never mind! Thanks.

Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:11 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: EB2 Ghia,Mighty Boy,Eb1 Xr8 5spd

VIC, Australia

lol dude. Sorry for the late reply, yes, yes you can do just that.

In other news, had a "ah f**k" moment the other day in the EB Ghia. Involved in a 5 car pile up, I was towing my tandem trailer, and was car number 4. Low speed impact, minor damage to my car, a few scratches & broken number plate light on the trailer. Getting some quotes to fix it in the next couple of days. It's insured for a lot more than market value so it should be repaired, will have to wait & see what the quote says.

No pics yet, wait for the insurance process first.

Cheers

ToranaGuy

I am the ToranaGuy!|74 Lh Torana Turbo|78 Hz PanelVan|86 Mighty Boy Ute|93 EB2 Ghia,GT Mockup,5spd,LPGI,Full Leather|2 x EB Xr8 5spd's|FS [VIC]: Wrecking - Eb XR8 - Parts available |Build Thread|Ebay Items - Ford Parts|

Posted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:38 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Update time - been buzzing around in the mighty boy, man I miss the Ghia. Pics were taken today for the insurance, the panel shop has done the quote, and now just awaiting the decision, should have it by tomorrow cob.

Then I know where I'm heading with the Ghia. In the mean time I need to fit a new coil & rebuild the carby on the mighty boy.... it never ends!

Cheers

ToranaGuy

I am the ToranaGuy!|74 Lh Torana Turbo|78 Hz PanelVan|86 Mighty Boy Ute|93 EB2 Ghia,GT Mockup,5spd,LPGI,Full Leather|2 x EB Xr8 5spd's|FS [VIC]: Wrecking - Eb XR8 - Parts available |Build Thread|Ebay Items - Ford Parts|

Posted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:22 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

The ghia is going into the panel shop for repairs on Monday. Yay. In other news, I've bought myself a tandem car carrier trailer. That will make life much easier. Great way to sink a few grand tho... lol.

Cheers

ToranaGuy

Posted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:40 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

The Ghia is still in the panel shop, hopefully by monday they will have the measurements of it, working out how badly bent the rad support is. I know the top's moved a couple of inches. Insurance has only authorised "repair" of the support, not replacement. Not happy about that. If the job isn't 100%, I'm rejecting it.

They can't measure the front end until the GT bar rocks up, been waiting all week for it.

Cheers

ToranaGuy

Posted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:00 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Update time I think. Progress has been a bit slow of late. Short wrap up...

Eb Ghia is still at the panel shop
    Sorted the brakes & a couple of the wheel bearings on my car trailer - more work required
    Stripped the last bits off the red mighty boy, going to cut it up soon.
    Done the front rotors & pads on my fiance's Tx5 turbo, as well as one wheel bearing.
    Plenty more crap piling up to get done lol.

Anyways, back to the shed for me.

Cheers

ToranaGuy

Posted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:50 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Oh hell yeah, gotta love em. If there is a next time I think I'll ask to economic write it off, do the bloody repair myself, would have been done by now & a better job!

Couldn't post pics until I knew what was happening with the Ghia. It's just awaiting the a/c gear to go back in, then assembly & paint.

My tandem trailer I was towing - I didn't bother with this thru insurance, it just needs a new number plate light & to clean all the paint scratches off it lol.

I must admit I'm getting tired of fwd, soft shocks(partly due to age & partly due to tiny car!), and the noise of the mighty boy, it's way too noisy, until I get the turbo in the exhaust lol.

Cheers

ToranaGuy

Post subject: Re: ToranaGuys Build Thread - Waiting on Panel Shop!
Posted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:40 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Been busy tinkering in the shed with a couple of things, like stripping down the new sub frame for the white Xr8, just have to pressure wash it before I can give it a light run & hit it with some paint. Also tidied up the shed a bit. Tinkered with the electronic dizzy I've made for the mighty boy, works ok on the bench but I don't think it will be good enough to run in the car. Basically mounted EB ford pickup, modified a chopper wheel to suit 3cyl operation, and working out where to mount the module. I'm thinking on the firewall....

Ghia still isn't done, today the a/c guy was supposed to show up & fit the new a/c parts and fill it with gas. Didn't get time to call the shop to see if it happened or not. :-(

Cheers

ToranaGuy

Post subject: Re: ToranaGuys Build Thread - Waiting on Panel Shop!
Posted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:06 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Got the panel van outta the shed last night to clean & gap the plugs, set the timing & set the carby correctly. Got it to the point it idles, but it's pretty rich. Gotta work out how to resolve that.

Picked up the Ghia from the panel shop today, a/c doesn't work. Talked to the a/c guy, apparently it blew a hole in the evap core in the dash when he vac'd it out, it was holding vac, almost ready to put gas in, then it lost vac. So now I have to remove the dash & get the a/c done myself. More expense, oh yay!

At least it's back, now I can get on with fixing a few niggling things on it & a couple of things on the mighty boy. So nice to be back in a RWD car!

Cheers

ToranaGuy

Post subject: Re: ToranaGuys Build Thread - Ghia's back!
Posted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:15 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Pic time....

I can't say I'm 100% happy with the job, but the car is back, I get to drive it & use it (I tow a fair bit with it).

I ordered a a/c evap core thru work today, should have it soon. Might see if I get time to swap the heater & a/c core's this weekend, and get the a/c re-gassed before the real heat hits.

Cheers

ToranaGuy

Posted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:12 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: EB1 Fairmont Ghia T5 Wagon

NSW, Australia

Ghia is looking Sweeeeet!

A/C sounds like a 'cool' idea LOL.

Cheers
BenJ

BenJ's EB T5 DOHC Ghia Wagon - Current Ride
BenJ's EB GL Sedan - Previous Ride
My respect and thanks go to - snap0964, Paulmac, SWC and MRE-50L

Posted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:14 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

BenJ wrote:
Ghia is looking Sweeeeet!

A/C sounds like a 'cool' idea LOL.

Cheers
BenJ

Thanks Ben!

You can imagine how disappointed I was when I found out from the a/c guy the system was holding a vac, then it dropped to no vac in an instant! Not to mention it's more money out of my back pocket, that could have been spent on Xr8's, mighty boy or panel van lol.

I've got a workshop that can gas it up for the cost of the gas (trade favor lol), which isn't so bad, but add on the cost of parts, and the time, it's a real bummer.

Cheers

ToranaGuy

Posted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:51 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Nothing much has happened with the EB Ghia in the last week and a bit, other than the rad support starting to crack where it was repaired! GRRRRR! I've gotta call my insurance co about that tomorrow.

Been busy working on my tandem trailer, it's almost up to scratch. It's the first & last time I'll buy a second hand trailer I think. It's going to end up not all that much cheaper & a lot of time invested for that little saving.

In other news, soon I'll have another ford at my place. A TE Cortina Ghia 6cyl. I have no idea what I'm going to do with it just yet! Almost a pitty the Ghia wasn't written off, wouldn't take much to get this corty up to standard to do daily duties lol.

Cheers

ToranaGuy

Posted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:22 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: EB1 Fairmont Ghia T5 Wagon

NSW, Australia

Hmmm, a DOHC in the Corty would be interesting.

Cheers
BenJ

BenJ's EB T5 DOHC Ghia Wagon - Current Ride
BenJ's EB GL Sedan - Previous Ride
My respect and thanks go to - snap0964, Paulmac, SWC and MRE-50L

Posted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:28 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

BenJ wrote:
Hmmm, a DOHC in the Corty would be interesting.

Cheers
BenJ

Yes it would, but man, do I really need "more projects"? lol.

This trailer has become a much larger project than I anticipated. So many cracks in it that have been welded up now that it's not funny.

Cheers

ToranaGuy

Sort by  
 Page 71 of 81  [ 1212 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74 ... 81  Next