Fordmods Logo

ToranaGuy - Got my kicks on Route 66! :-) 

Page 72 of 81 [ 1212 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75 ... 81  Next

Post subject: Re: ToranaGuys Build Thread - Ghia's back!
Posted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:29 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: Subaru Liberty RX Wagon MY03

NSW, Australia

BenJ wrote:
Hmmm, a DOHC in the Corty would be interesting.

Cheers
BenJ

With turbo, of course.

Current ride: MY03 Liberty RX Wagon
EBII S-XR6, Now 5 speed. Moved on to greener pastures...

Posted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:18 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: EB2 Ghia,Mighty Boy,Eb1 Xr8 5spd

VIC, Australia

evxr6 wrote:
BenJ wrote:
Hmmm, a DOHC in the Corty would be interesting.

Cheers
BenJ

With turbo, of course.

Ofcourse.... ;-) However I'm not that wealthy with space, time or monies. I don't think I'm going to be able to keep it. Shame really, TE with a 250ci, a/c, sunroof (Goldie windback!), not such a bad car. Classic, and with that package of bits a little desirable. It does however need a head gasket & to put the carby back together before it will run again. That's cheap enough for me to get it running, would be much more valuable running.

Cheers

ToranaGuy

I am the ToranaGuy!|74 Lh Torana Turbo|78 Hz PanelVan|86 Mighty Boy Ute|93 EB2 Ghia,GT Mockup,5spd,LPGI,Full Leather|2 x EB Xr8 5spd's|FS [VIC]: Wrecking - Eb XR8 - Parts available |Build Thread|Ebay Items - Ford Parts|

Posted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:59 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: DENTED UP OLD AUT WAGON

New Zealand

That Cortina is a better long term prospect than doing trailer work...

just saying....

How much is original on the old girl? How much for shipping to NZ state?????

uhm. Just saying....

was really trying to get down your way. Leaving AU in a week and have not even seen Sydneys Newtown yet,.... Big a** roll of eyes. Bugger it... Have enough cash to buy a ticket down for the Mebourne Christmas cruise, but I have f**k walls to build.

Posted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:09 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

That's cool man, if you can't get down here I understand.

Yeah the cortina is a better long term project. Trouble is I have too many projects already.

Trailer is to move some car's to wreck them out & make some monies. There's money in wrecking car's, if you don't have to spend $110+ to hire a trailer to go get them from the auctions lol. This trailer is a means to making some monies.

I really badly need a factory lol. Then I could mothball the cortina until a time I could do something with it. Ah well, I just got it to my place today. Monday after work, weather pending, the head is coming off, I'll get it crack tested, then hopefully one night thru the week get it back on & get it running again.

Cheers

ToranaGuy

I am the ToranaGuy!|74 Lh Torana Turbo|78 Hz PanelVan|86 Mighty Boy Ute|93 EB2 Ghia,GT Mockup,5spd,LPGI,Full Leather|2 x EB Xr8 5spd's|FS [VIC]: Wrecking - Eb XR8 - Parts available |Build Thread|Ebay Items - Ford Parts|

Posted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:57 pm 
Getting Side Ways

New Zealand

Move to the sticks. Will come help build. A f**k off garage / car storage / pool room......

Posted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:25 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

fiend wrote:
Move to the sticks. Will come help build. A f**k off garage / car storage / pool room......

That's a great idea, one I've contemplated before. Dunno how the other half will like it tho.

In other news. Had the insurance assessor out today, tried telling me my paint on the bonnet that they really did a poor job of is "just as good" as it was before the accident. Which is BS. It was resprayed not so long ago by a different panel shop, who did a better job! They did a dodgy job on the repair of my front bumper, but a good paint job lol.

So hard to get a good job done on an Eseries!

If I wanted the paint "fixed" he then told me would have to go right thru the whole car condition report and then when that is done they probably wouldn't have repaired it & only given me half of what I have it agreed value insured for and written it off.

I advised him I wouldn't have let it play out that way, would have opened a vacc case and all hell would have broken loose.

I also advised I plan on doing a complete closed door respray next year, I'll send photos to prove I can do a better spray job if he would like!

Assessor is going to organize for the crack to be welded up on the rad support. I think sometime next year I'm going to have to completely replace the rad support, do the proper job that should have been done!

ARGH! Maybe I should look at opening my own limited liability insurance company & "self insure" lol.

Cheers

ToranaGuy

Posted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:24 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Been busy working on a few things. The list is a little like this...

Worked out my 6t press IS NOT BIG ENOUGH to do Eseries ball joints - bugger!
    Did some t/s on the red Xr8 - coil had died. Swapped it and it runs, badly, but it runs.
    The head is back on the corty, rocker gear installed, broke a rocker stud. Waiting on a mate to "easy out" it lol.
    Changed the power steer switch in the Ghia, cleared ecu codes. Still got open circuit - bugger!
    Lost my jumper leads lol.

The red Xr8 has a big flat spot coming off idle. I've set the TPS voltage. No change. Its like it runs out of fuel or spark sometimes, but not all the time. I might get a new tps & a set of leads for it. It was doing the same before the coil died.

That's about it for the moment. Hopefully a bit more work tonight when it cools down, there are other things I need to do first.

Cheers

ToranaGuy

Posted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 6:40 pm 
Getting Side Ways

New Zealand

But, more importantly, did you go on the Melbourne area cruise?

Posted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:20 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

fiend wrote:
But, more importantly, did you go on the Melbourne area cruise?

Nope, didn't get the chance to. Pitty. Maybe soon after I do the ball joints, tie rod ends & a couple other little things I'll get out on one of the cruises. Until then.....

With the help of a mate I got the broken rocker bolt sorted on the corty, so hopefully soon it will be running again. Then I can move it & get on with other things.

Cheers

ToranaGuy

Posted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:30 pm 
Getting Side Ways

ToranaGuy wrote:

In other news. Had the insurance assessor out today, tried telling me my paint on the bonnet that they really did a poor job of is "just as good" as it was before the accident. Which is BS. It was resprayed not so long ago by a different panel shop, who did a better job! They did a dodgy job on the repair of my front bumper, but a good paint job lol.

So hard to get a good job done on an Eseries!

If I wanted the paint "fixed" he then told me would have to go right thru the whole car condition report and then when that is done they probably wouldn't have repaired it & only given me half of what I have it agreed value insured for and written it off.

I advised him I wouldn't have let it play out that way, would have opened a vacc case and all hell would have broken loose.

I also advised I plan on doing a complete closed door respray next year, I'll send photos to prove I can do a better spray job if he would like!

Assessor is going to organize for the crack to be welded up on the rad support. I think sometime next year I'm going to have to completely replace the rad support, do the proper job that should have been done!

ARGH! Maybe I should look at opening my own limited liability insurance company & "self insure" lol.

Cheers

ToranaGuy

The best thing you can do in future is have photos of every part of your cars. It's the only way to prove the prior condition and NEVER let the insurance company choose the repairer.

Posted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:21 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

tickford_6 wrote:
The best thing you can do in future is have photos of every part of your cars. It's the only way to prove the prior condition and NEVER let the insurance company choose the repairer.

Trouble is man, that I've got plenty of pics of the car, but supposedly they don't show enough "detail" to show that the paint work was better.

In other news, sorted an oil leak & replaced the front hand brake cable on my Eb Ghia. Nice to have a properly working handbrake & no major oil leaks lol.

Cheers

ToranaGuy

Posted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:31 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Tried to start the red Xr8 tonight...ARGH! It won't start. Got out the TFI-SIM, there's spark, there's the signal to pulse the injectors...It's cranking over fine. Tapped the fuel pump, it's running ok. Just won't fire up.

Noticed there is no "crank" led lighting up on the TFI-SIM when I hook it up, which should go out when the engine starts according to the manual for it. I wonder wtf is causing that, is it a wiring fault from the imobalizer being removed? Ignition switch fault?

Swapped in another ignition switch, no change. Swapped ecu & fuel pump relays, no change. Dumped codes from the ECU, nothing bad enough to write home about.

It was an auto, now it's a manual. Series 1 non smartlock car. Still using the Auto ECU. I have not done any "resistor trick" yet. The TCM has been removed. Maybe I need to refit it & do the resistor trick to the ecu?

I tried fitting my manual "power chip" that I have. Didn't change anything. Maybe I should try swapping in the manual ecu from my other Xr8?

Cheers

ToranaGuy

Posted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:15 am 

Ride: AU XR8

NSW, Australia

if there is no crank signal i would look at the hall sensor in the dizzy...

Posted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:11 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

TROYMAN wrote:
if there is no crank signal i would look at the hall sensor in the dizzy...

Thanks for the suggestion Troyman. That's one thing I thought, so I swapped in my spare known good dizzy. Still the same, no crank led lighting up. Unless I'm just that unlucky that both dizzies have died on me? It could also be a ignition circuit fault.

Maybe the LPG wiring is at fault? Not that there is many wires there, and the only one that appears "cut" is the ISC. The LPG system has tapped into the tacho signal, and one other wire in the loom which is probably to do with the injectors earth. GRRRRR......

I shouldn't have to do the resistor trick to get it running, only to make it run with proper ignition timing & proper power output.

Cheers

ToranaGuy

Posted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:31 am 

Ride: AU XR8

NSW, Australia

are the injectors pulsing??

the resistor trick is only for gear position voltage to stop the ecu from bumping up the in gear idle, and the other resistor is normally used in the i6 for trans temp to stop thermo fans running at high speed..

in your case, i would say there is no need for the resisor trick as the eb v8 had seperate tcm and no thermo fans....

Sort by  
 Page 72 of 81  [ 1212 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75 ... 81  Next