Fordmods Logo

ToranaGuy - Got my kicks on Route 66! :-) 

Page 74 of 81 [ 1212 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77 ... 81  Next

Post subject: Re: ToranaGuys Build Thread - Ghia repairs
Posted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:09 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: EB2 Ghia,Mighty Boy,Eb1 Xr8 5spd

VIC, Australia

bry40l wrote:
xflow head and dizzys for sale in case your interested

Thanks but not much use to me, I need a whole engine, not just the top end. The block on this one is stuffed.

Cheers

ToranaGuy

I am the ToranaGuy!|74 Lh Torana Turbo|78 Hz PanelVan|86 Mighty Boy Ute|93 EB2 Ghia,GT Mockup,5spd,LPGI,Full Leather|2 x EB Xr8 5spd's|FS [VIC]: Wrecking - Eb XR8 - Parts available |Build Thread|Ebay Items - Ford Parts|

Posted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:16 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: EB1 Fairmont Ghia T5 Wagon

NSW, Australia

E series 4L.

BenJ

BenJ's EB T5 DOHC Ghia Wagon - Current Ride
BenJ's EB GL Sedan - Previous Ride
My respect and thanks go to - snap0964, Paulmac, SWC and MRE-50L

Posted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:42 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

BenJ wrote:
E series 4L.

BenJ

lol, I have a couple of them, but no, this isn't a project car. This car was supposed to be a "get it running & sell it car"...... I think I'm about to give up on it, just list it up in Just Car's trader as a non running project to move it on.

Besides, the 4spd auto doesn't fit in the trans tunnel. I'd have to find a 3spd ea auto box to fit behind the 4.0, and then it might fit in the tunnel. Maybe. lol.

Cheers

ToranaGuy

I am the ToranaGuy!|74 Lh Torana Turbo|78 Hz PanelVan|86 Mighty Boy Ute|93 EB2 Ghia,GT Mockup,5spd,LPGI,Full Leather|2 x EB Xr8 5spd's|FS [VIC]: Wrecking - Eb XR8 - Parts available |Build Thread|Ebay Items - Ford Parts|

Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:16 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF XR6,

NSW, Australia

ToranaGuy wrote:
BenJ wrote:
E series 4L.

BenJ

lol, I have a couple of them, but no, this isn't a project car. This car was supposed to be a "get it running & sell it car"...... I think I'm about to give up on it, just list it up in Just Car's trader as a non running project to move it on.

Besides, the 4spd auto doesn't fit in the trans tunnel. I'd have to find a 3spd ea auto box to fit behind the 4.0, and then it might fit in the tunnel. Maybe. lol.

Cheers

ToranaGuy

So the 4.1 gearbox won't fit the 4.0 e series?

BF XR6
xr8 snorkel,typhoon lower snorkel,territory intake pipe,20% underdrive kit,pacemaker extractors,high flow cat,xforce exhaust,t56 conversion hd turbo clutch/ flywheel,m86 3.45 lsd,custom tune187.1rwkw as an auto

Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:16 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF XR6,

NSW, Australia

ToranaGuy wrote:
BenJ wrote:
E series 4L.

BenJ

Cheers

ToranaGuy

BF XR6
xr8 snorkel,typhoon lower snorkel,territory intake pipe,20% underdrive kit,pacemaker extractors,high flow cat,xforce exhaust,t56 conversion hd turbo clutch/ flywheel,m86 3.45 lsd,custom tune187.1rwkw as an auto

Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:17 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

bry40l wrote:
ToranaGuy wrote:
BenJ wrote:
E series 4L.

BenJ

Cheers

ToranaGuy

I don't think it will. Even so, it's not a project car, I don't have the time to play with it.

Cheers

ToranaGuy

Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:23 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

In other news, a mate was parting with some 17inch commodore factory rims today, stuffed tyres. I was asked if I wanted them for free. Got to thinking (no not the pv lol), they would look cool on my 6x4 trailer, so I grabbed them. Will have to get a couple tyres for them & then I have a cooler trailer. Yay :-)

Yep, another minor distraction along the way!

Cheers

ToranaGuy

Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:02 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Managed to get the red Xr8 running on LPG tonight, with an adapter I grabbed from the LPG joint today before work. Found the lock off to converter flex line was leaking, fit a temp replacement & aware it went. Won't idle, but that's just electrical. Once the ED Futura is gone, I can move it onto the driveway & get to work on making the wiring repairs neat & permanent.

No pics atm, I don't want to scare ppl or get myself into trouble in regards to the LPG stuff.

The converter will also need a seal kit, looks like it's weeping coolant too. At least it's progress on that front.

Got the EB Ghia into the panel shop today, for what was supposed to be welding the crack up in the rad support. Time will tell if they welded it & it holds or if something else was done....

Cheers

ToranaGuy

Posted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:06 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

I visited the LPG workshop near work & got the lpg hose re-made, the fittings are reusable, so just had a new piece of hose fit, for a very good price. Just gotta work out what to do with the converter, do I pull it apart & make the gaskets for the water side of it, or just use bluemax silicone?

I dunno if it's worth putting a whole kit thru it?

Cheers

ToranaGuy

Posted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:29 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Digging thru the back shed, I found another couple of model L converters, a few model E's as well. I guess I should take a punt & get a kit to rebuild one lol.

Also got an offer for a cast iron Xflow engine to fit into the cortina. Very tempting. Because it's not much fun pushing a non running car around! Also easier to sell a car running.

Did a scrap run yesterday & did alright out of it. Hopefully I can scrap this ED shell next saturday morning. Carted my engine crane up to my future father in laws place so we could move a few things around too. Owen got his Hx gts mockup out & drove it for the first time in ages, sounds good. I've put a pair of extractors for my panel van on my shopping list now lol.

So much to do, pity I have to go to work on Monday, I'm on a roll getting stuff done this weekend.

Cheers

ToranaGuy

Posted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:58 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Fit a new aluminum radiator last night, my overheating under load since the accident issue has been solved. Old radiator was BENT and had a mark from the fan hitting it! New one didn't quite fit properly, had to massage the brackets a tad. What a s**t repair the panel shop did!

Furious about it. f**k professionals and a "good job" my a***!

Cheers

ToranaGuy

Posted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:20 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

I towed the load to the scrap yard on Saturday morning, car run like a dream with the new radiator.

Here's a random shot of my cousin goofing off while cleaning the engine, as we all hate to work on dirty engines.

I hit the weigh bridge at 3.72t, and come off it empty at 2.4t. Not a bad load & the old ford 6 towed it like a champ! Saturday arvo was clean up time, gave the driveway a good clean. It's not quite perfect yet, but I run outta degreaser, will have to pickup some more on tuesday at work to finish the cleanup job.

I think the next order of business will be to get the red Xr8's LPG setup properly and re-do the wiring for it. I've also got to get a couple of cat converters for it, I reckon the commodore 2.5" AC Delco items will do the job cheaply enough. I've got one on my EB Ghia, works a treat. Yes, hi-po cat's would be better, but the budget doesn't stretch that far, and it's only a mild windsor 5.0. A pair of the 2.5 cat's should flow more than enough, one per extractor.

Cheers

ToranaGuy

Posted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:34 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Got a few little things done on the red Xr8 Saturday evening. Getting somewhat closer to being ready for a roadworthy. When the sun decides to go down a tad today I'll get into it again, see if I can't get the LPG wiring & processor box sorted permanently, as in re-located to be not in the way down at the peddle box.

Plenty of other things to do as well. On that note, I'm off to do one or two of those other things, out of the sun lol. Don't wanna get burnt...

Cheers

ToranaGuy

Post subject: Re: ToranaGuys Build Thread - Red Xr8 so close!
Posted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:51 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Been busy burning the midnight oil of late. Big progress on the red Xr8. LPG wiring all sorted. Idle somewhat sorted, still a tad rough when cold. Thermo fan loom is mostly done, just have to finish 2 wires for the a/c to trigger one fan. Otherwise the thermo's are in & working. Think I have a thermostat issue tho, I think it's opening & staying open. Gotta look into that a bit more.

Dashboard & interior is mostly back together, just need to fix the stereo harness & fit the head unit, dash fascia & cable tie the auto control unit & LPG wiring harness up under the dash. Fixed most of the rough idle with a few electrical wires that needed repairs, then found there was almost no LPG in the tank. Drove it down to the servo & put in half a tank, partly because I was being a tight a***, partly because that's the ideal point to tune at, with an old mixer setup.

It drove rather well, especially once it had some gas in the tank. Feels like the impco 200 is a huge restriction tho. I need to get around to making that adapter for the 425 & get it on I reckon. Not too much more before I can get a rwc done on it.

Cheers

ToranaGuy

Post subject: Re: ToranaGuys Build Thread - Red Xr8 so close!
Posted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:35 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Got a permit for the Xr8 & drove it to work ( I work in spare parts, bought some parts for it as well ) the last couple of days. The alternator s**t itself, but I had a spare. Got a few little things that need attention, like rear sway bar bushes (it's rattling on bumps). It's booked for a few windscreen & tyres next week. Then I can get a rwc check done & fix the last little bits.

I must admit, I'm having way too much fun driving this Xr8. I've fiddled the tune on the gas mixer a bit & adjusted the timing, and it really hauls a*** below 3500, where it feels like it runs outta fuel. Nothing the impco425 won't fix tho lol.

Working on the wiring. LPG o2 control box is now in the engine bay, the couple of wires that need to come into the cabin are routed thru the grommet for the vac lines, nice & neat.

At the car wash the other morning.

It's not looking too bad, still needs more work on the cut&polish, as well as some trim restorer stuff to make the plastics look better.

Cheers

ToranaGuy

Sort by  
 Page 74 of 81  [ 1212 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77 ... 81  Next