Fordmods Logo

xr6 engine conversion into my eb. 

Page 8 of 42 [ 626 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 42  Next

Post subject: Re: xr6 engine conversion into my eb.
Posted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:19 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: eb ford falcon ghia

NSW, Australia

how do you have so much falcon stuff man :D ye im pritty sure the door handles will not fit but im hopeing the barrels will fit in my eb handles. I got of the tail shaft, cat convertor and rear gearbox support bracket thing today. every thing is done, I just need a hoist and undo the engine mount bolts and the engine and box will come out :D ... I could not get the tail shaft out of the diff tho, do you know how to get it out man?

Posted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 9:50 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Ride: '03 BA & '06 BF Wagooons

VIC, Australia

jumpingjak wrote:
how do you have so much falcon stuff man :D

bought a few cars for parts........ :roll:

jumpingjak wrote:
... I could not get the tail shaft out of the diff tho, do you know how to get it out man?

undo the bolts holding shaft to diff .... think there was 6 or 8 of em? .. don't forget the 2 bolts holding centre bearing in.

Posted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 10:14 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

ye i did the shaft to diff bolt and half way down the diff that support bracket thing did them 2bolts aswell. it would not come appart from the diff. I ended up undoing 3bolts on the geabox side and the shaft came out there, only cos it bent in the middle after undoing that support bracket thing, so the diff end still has the shaft in but it is sperated from the box.

Posted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 6:41 am 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: EF Fairmont

NSW, Australia

jumpingjak wrote:
how do you have so much falcon stuff man :D ye im pritty sure the door handles will not fit but im hopeing the barrels will fit in my eb handles. I got of the tail shaft, cat convertor and rear gearbox support bracket thing today. every thing is done, I just need a hoist and undo the engine mount bolts and the engine and box will come out :D ... I could not get the tail shaft out of the diff tho, do you know how to get it out man?

EF/EL door handles fit the EB/ED cars.

The interior dood cards can be fitted as well.

Last edited by SWC on Thu Feb 18, 2016 6:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 6:43 am 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: EF Fairmont

NSW, Australia

barraea wrote:
Go ef/el handles n delete passenger door lock but i wonder if we can also delete drivers side lock by putting a rear handle on front door worst comes to worst pop the boot to get in to car if battery goes flat etc

EF Front Passenger door handles still have the lock hole as do the early EL ones.

You can't fit the rear door handles to the front doors.

Also what will you do if your central locking fails?

Posted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 10:22 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

my s**t eb central locking only works when i put the key in the lock and turn it, no buttons on the key to open and close the locks. I think it gets triggerd by the turning of the key, not sensors in the key. so if this ba key barrel fits in my eb door handle the central locking should still work. I would just have to get another ba door lock because there is only 1on the driver side door and i would need a 2nd one for the passangers door on my eb.. I can get a spair k.frame from picknpayless for $90 but i gotta go get it off my self, thats going to suck. A jack under the engine will do to get the k.frame out ay?

Posted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 10:30 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

dammm money i had to spend on sum mod stuff i gotta go get new front tyres. When i got my rimms the guys bodged up the camber. i just noticed the other day my tyres have no tread at all on the outa side of the tyre and the inside is still almost new, thats how far the camber is out. wtf. They have lazer machines and stuff to line it up :x $300 for 2new tyres dammm. I think il do my own alignment with a stick,string a weight and tape measure

Posted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 6:59 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

VIC, Australia

jumpingjak wrote:
my s**t eb central locking only works when i put the key in the lock and turn it, no buttons on the key to open and close the locks. I think it gets triggerd by the turning of the key, not sensors in the key. so if this ba key barrel fits in my eb door handle the central locking should still work. I would just have to get another ba door lock because there is only 1on the driver side door and i would need a 2nd one for the passangers door on my eb.. I can get a spair k.frame from picknpayless for $90 but i gotta go get it off my self, thats going to suck. A jack under the engine will do to get the k.frame out ay?

so you don't have any remotes for the EB then?? .... do you mean jack under your motor or picknpayless?

Posted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 11:40 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: G6e

SA, Australia

Heater pipes What are you guys doing about them ???

As the ba has the heater box on the drivers side of the fire wall

Posted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 12:10 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

haha na no remote on the old eb key, no buttons to push. old school man :D ye the engine at picknpayless. i was thinking of just jacking it up off the k.fame a coulpe of inches then i can get the k.fame out.. I think. hopefully. I been trying to find 1 already out but no luck so far.

Posted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 4:21 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

for the heater pipes im just going chop off whats needed from the ba pipe and use heater hose and them ring clamp things, sum kind of gasket goo over the pipe be4 i stick the hose over it. Im thinking that should be enough. Maybe when i pull out the eb dash and move the heater box to were it needs to go.. as soon as i get this ba engine out il be able to look at these things alot better and post sum pictures to.. To be honest i realy like both ben.j and frannyfalcons set ups and i think they covered everything and done it the easyest way it could be done, so il be useing alot of both there ideas, plus sum of my own aswell. I dont need to make up power stearing or ac brakets as im using the ba ones. and i may use the top of my eb therostat on the housing of the ba thermo.

Posted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 5:12 pm 
Stock as a Rock

SA, Australia

Ahh ya if we can run heater hose like that it be soo easy but has that been done b4 ?

If not ef/el heater pipe like benj seems the go

Posted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 5:22 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

I could be wrong but i think benj used the el pipe cut it back abit and use heater hose to join the to pipes at the back of the engine? I think over sum time he got abit of a leak there tho. pluss the heater hose can handle the heat and pressure so hypotheticly speaking you could use the hose for most of the line if you wanted, just aslong as its connected and seals properly? what do you think?

Posted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 6:21 pm 
Stock as a Rock

SA, Australia

jumpingjak wrote:
I could be wrong but i think benj used the el pipe cut it back abit and use heater hose to join the to pipes at the back of the engine? I think over sum time he got abit of a leak there tho. pluss the heater hose can handle the heat and pressure so hypotheticly speaking you could use the hose for most of the line if you wanted, just aslong as its connected and seals properly? what do you think?

Ya i recon we can use hose for it all just keep it away from manifolds etc n heat etc

El pipe wouldn't be much it's just effort to pull it of at pick a part lol

Posted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 6:55 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

VIC, Australia

barraea wrote:
jumpingjak wrote:

Ya i recon we can use hose for it all just keep it away from manifolds etc n heat etc

El pipe wouldn't be much it's just effort to pull it of at pick a part lol

i bought a brand new aftermarket version of the EF/EL pipes from ebay ...... :mrgreen:

Sort by  
 Page 8 of 42  [ 626 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 42  Next