Fordmods Logo

xr6 engine conversion into my eb. 

Page 17 of 42 [ 626 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 42  Next

Post subject: Re: xr6 engine conversion into my eb.
Posted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 7:39 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: eb ford falcon ghia

NSW, Australia

ahhh no pcm today :( they told me to ring at 5pm today, I thought was weired because all mechanics i have seen are not open saturday or sunday, but yeah no answer on the phone so ill try and call them on monday. Maybe tonight or tomorrow ill join my loom pieces together and get ready for the pcm to come back.

Posted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 8:06 am 
Fordmods Junkie

Ride: '03 BA & '06 BF Wagooons

VIC, Australia

johnnyeHCF wrote:
Mad2 wrote:
jumpingjak wrote:
sup guys.

not much, picked up a manual pcm & manual loom for mine. couldn't remember where i had seen the part about wiring looms so thats why moi question before :mrgreen:

Hey Mad,its BA manual your doing isn't it?? :?:

yeah .... gunna try anyway :lol: ... then into me EB [afta reg]. using the box outa me EB parts car :roll:

Posted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 2:14 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

well still no pcm :( have to wait till friday, he had to send it to his other shop coz the software he had did not flash to the pcm or something like that he was saying. So i took some time to go out to the eb and do sum measuring. I measured from the engine mount bolt to the front of the sump, which was 30cm. I aslo measured from the engine mount to the cross bar on the k.frame and that was 32cm. I then went out to the bf engine and did the same measurements and the numbers were the same. so im kinda wondering if i have to mod the k.frame. I admit it was a pretty rough measure but i did it like 4times and came up with the same numbers. any one got any thoughts on that ?

Posted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 2:40 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: EF Fairmont

NSW, Australia

Yes you will need to modify the K Frame or mod the sump.

Posted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 4:14 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

well i guess this is what happens to the oil when a engine sits to long . Its almost like a thin layer of wax except its oil. a bath of degreaser will fix it tho :D

Posted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 4:17 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

valve cover is in the same boat. seems like the oil is drying out or something. Ill have to check the bottom end as well and clean it all up.

Posted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 4:19 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

yeah i thought my measurements were probably off abit. Im getting a k.frame and engine mounts already modded for $200 later on this month.

Posted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 2:36 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Got my pcm back yesterday, hooked it up to test my loom and no clicks from the relays and no buzz from the pcm :oops: .. I hooked the 6wires from the fuse box and ran them to batt+ and all the earths to batt-. That gave me voltage in the right places but no current draw. I thought i had to touch Ignition sensor PCM B9 to batt+ to get the relays to close and give a current

Posted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 7:17 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

I was just thinking to my self. Am i spose to plug up the engine loom aswell as the body loom to do the test or can i just plug in the body loom? coz i spent the hole day going over my book, my loom, benj thread and granny falcons thread and my wireing matchs up to everything. Im kinda thinking im spose to hook it all up for the pcm to work

Posted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 8:16 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

VIC, Australia

jumpingjak wrote:
I was just thinking to my self. Am i spose to plug up the engine loom aswell as the body loom to do the test or can i just plug in the body loom? Im kinda thinking im spose to hook it all up for the pcm to work

i would think so :?:

Posted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:34 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

thats all i can think of at the moment, il try pluging everything up tomorrow and see what happens. I unwraped almost half my loom to do test with the multimeter. as i was saying before i am getting voltage in the right places but there seems to be no load to cause current flow. I can make the relays close if i put +volts straight to power sustain but still no current flows. Il keep testing and reading these diagrams but im kinda stuck for now. I was also thinking mybe its like a home computer, What I mean is, you dont need to plug the monitor in to power up the tower.

Posted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 12:06 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

I got my loom working with the relays and pcm now :D . the ground wires came loose as im just twisting them together for now but yeah got it working. Time to test it on the engine tomorrow :D if the butterfly in the throttle body works when i use the peddle pretty much be ready to try and start it. hopefully sunday will be the day. :D

Posted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 12:09 am 
Fordmods Junkie

VIC, Australia

jumpingjak wrote:
I was also thinking mybe its like a home computer, What I mean is, you dont need to plug the monitor in to power up the tower.

but even then with the tower ... you really won't get any responce .. unless ya have a flashing light on front of it :lol:

Posted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 7:12 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

VIC, Australia

jumpingjak wrote:
I got my loom working with the relays and pcm now :D . the ground wires came loose as im just twisting them togeather for now but ye got it working. Time to test it on the engine tomorrow :D if the butterfly in the throttle body works when i use the peddel il pritty much be ready to try and start it. hopefully sunday will be the day. :D

fingers crossed for ya :!:

Posted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 1:27 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

been abit side tracked from my loom. I spent 2day and about 8hrs drilling into this exhaust manifold bolt that broke off. I finaly got through it now i have to try and extract it out :( It broke why i was undoing it so im thinking its realy stuck in there and il have to end up spending days more grinding it out and re-taping the threads. I also spent some time polishing my rocker cover, Its almost worthy of a picture :D

Sort by  
 Page 17 of 42  [ 626 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 42  Next