Fordmods Logo

xr6 engine conversion into my eb. 

Page 19 of 42 [ 626 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 42  Next

Post subject: Re: xr6 engine conversion into my eb.
Posted: Sun May 01, 2016 7:35 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Ride: '03 BA & '06 BF Wagooons

VIC, Australia

Posted: Tue May 03, 2016 6:54 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: eb ford falcon ghia

NSW, Australia

Here is my engine start up guys. Excuse the video recording but my son did it :D

Posted: Tue May 03, 2016 11:22 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

here is my 2nd test run :lol: :D I did notice that the butterfly in the throttle body didnt open up when i gave it some pedal when the engine is running but it opens and closes when the engine stops.

Posted: Wed May 04, 2016 5:24 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

VIC, Australia

jumpingjak wrote:
I did notice that the butterfly in the throttle body didnt open up when i gave it some pedal when the engine is running but it opens and closes when the engine stops.

ok? .. wiring problem yeah :?: :?:

Posted: Thu May 05, 2016 10:51 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Im not to sure yet ill be having a look into it today though. When the engine runs and i use the pedal, I see the butterfly move but it only moves about 5% to 10% of its movement and when i shut the engine off it gets full movement of the butterfly.(maybe knock sensors or something?). I also took the exhaust off yesterday to fix up that hole i made and i noticed number 5 exhaust port was damp and all the rest are dry so maybe number 5 spark is not sparking, ill check that out aswell..

Posted: Thu May 05, 2016 6:52 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

well after a few more test hits today i got the throttle working. I think some of the parts are still a little sticky after not being run for so long coz all i did was give it some throttle a few times and it started to come good :D also noticed it started to come good as it was warming up. So im pretty much ready to move on to my other mods now. I came up with a really good idea for the heater hose. The metal pipe on the inlet manifold side, ill cut were it bends around the back of the engine. That cut peace ill join to the pipe on the exhaust side, so that way both my heater pipes will be on the passengers side :D.

Posted: Sat May 07, 2016 1:26 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

The oil pump on the bf works off the crank shaft is that right? When i start this engine the top end is really noisy untill i give it some revs then it quietens down and when i let the throttle go it goes noisy again. Its hard to work out because i can only let it run for about 30 seconds then have to shut it down to cool.

Posted: Sat May 07, 2016 1:51 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

VIC, Australia

jumpingjak wrote:
Its hard to work out because i can only let it run for about 30 seconds then have to shut it down to cool.

fit any useable radiator to it ... i fitted a AU to mine .... that way you can run longer. didn't you do some head clean up?

Posted: Sat May 07, 2016 11:48 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

haha i was acually thinknig of trying to hook the water tap and hose up to it so its constant cold water running through. I figured out why the top end was noisy, the front of the engine is sitting a bit higher and i only put just enough oil in so it was not getting picked up by the pump properly. Also put the timing out a little bit :oops: I did not realise the colours on the timing chain only line up every 38 revolutions of piston 1 and when i cleaned my head and put the cams back in i tried to line the cams up with the yellow links. Got the timing chain cover off today but ran out of light so ill line it all up tomorrow, and polish up the cover why its off.

Posted: Sun May 08, 2016 12:00 am 
Fordmods Junkie

VIC, Australia

jumpingjak wrote:
haha i was acually thinknig of trying to hook the water tap and hose up to it so its constant cold water running thru.

nah you don't want that

jumpingjak wrote:
I fugured out why the top end was noisy, the front of the engine is sitting abit higher and i only put just enough oil in so it was not getting picked up by the pump properly. aslo put the timing out alittle bit :oops: I did not realise the colours on the timing chain olny line up every 38 revolutions of piston 1 and when i cleand my head and put the cams back in i tryed to line the cams up with the yellow links. Got the timing chain cover off today but ran out of light so il line it all up tomorrow, polish up the cover why its off.

lol

Posted: Sun May 08, 2016 12:13 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

did you just use a thermo fan on the radiator? I only start it now and then coz it sounds mean as :D Once its in the car, level and i hook up all the hoses and stuff it should be all good. Later on this week ill go see this guy about a k.frame and engine mounts. He reckons he will get them off 1 of his wrecked cars and mod them for me.

Posted: Sun May 08, 2016 12:16 am 
Fordmods Junkie

VIC, Australia

nah didn't use the fan ... hasn't run that long & there wasn't really anything to 'hold' it in place

Posted: Thu May 12, 2016 2:35 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

VIC, Australia

jumpingjak wrote:
did you just use a thermo fan on the radiator? I only start it now and then coz it sounds mean as :D Once its in the car, level and i hook up all the hoses and stuff it should be allgood. Later on this week il go see this guy about a k.frame and engine mounts. He recons he will get them off 1of his wrecked cars and mod them for me.

me i was lucky ... helped neighbor move a motor/car & got what looks to be a good pair of EA/EB/ED engine mounts .. bonus!

Posted: Wed May 18, 2016 2:48 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

ahhh yes helpping and getting help is always a good thing ay :D . over the past week or so i got my engine working properly. The butterfly not woking properly and noisy top end was due to both cams timing being out abit when i took them off to clean the head I aslo poslished up the rocker cover and painted the inlet manifold black. Im getting my k.frame, engine mounts and a striped down engine for whats left of the bf car and a old vt commodore i have out the front.

Posted: Wed May 18, 2016 2:50 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

stage1 of my polishing was the dremel tool. As you can see the swerling marks, not cool.

Sort by  
 Page 19 of 42  [ 626 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 42  Next