Fordmods Logo

xr6 engine conversion into my eb. 

Page 22 of 42 [ 626 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 ... 42  Next

Post subject: Re: xr6 engine conversion into my eb.
Posted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:10 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: eb ford falcon ghia

NSW, Australia

If the signals from these sensors are woking right it should still send them thru the can hi/lo to the bf speedo, tacho and temp, well im hoping enyway :D Il probly use my eb cluster to start things off with and i have a spare eb temp sensor from a old thermostat that il drill and tap into the bf thermostat and put it in. That way i dont have to play around with the temp wiring for a while. Im still working on how the hook up the eb tacho to the bf engine.

Posted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:25 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

All i need now is my k.frame, engine mounts, front and rear bushes sum cleaning stuff and paint and il be pritty much ready to swap engines over :D of coures there will be afew more little nick nacks needed aswell but hopfully next week or the following week will be the engine swap..... My mate is coming over today to help me go thru the plugs on the eb. Il just be going thru each key turn to find out what is a constant volt, what is the reds and also start, those are the main 1nz i need, then Im also looking there for the ac clutch switch, reverse light, speedo, tacho. What ever i miss il just add it in later as its own little loom.

Posted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 7:28 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

here is sum free, interesting info for every1 :mrgreen: I went over the 3 eb plugs needed for this mod, and this is what i found :wink: .

Posted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 7:54 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

now my wiring is pritty much done il be moving on the the heater hose modd... All im going to do is cut the heater pipe on the inlet manifold side just be4 it bends around the back of the engine... Take that cut peice and join it onto the heater pipe on the exhaust side with sum heater hose.. Now the heater pipe on the exhaust side will bend around the back of the engine and thats it.. Both heater pipes will be on the passangers side.. Then il put heater hose on the end of both heater pipes and plug them upto the firewall :mrgreen:

Posted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 8:54 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Ride: '03 BA & '06 BF Wagooons

VIC, Australia

jumpingjak wrote:
here is sum free, interesting info for every1 :mrgreen: I went over the 3 eb plugs needed for this mod, and this is what i found :wink: .

shootin meself in the foot........

canna read it :mrgreen:

Posted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 9:17 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

hahaha sorry man il do another1 and make it bigger :D

Posted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 9:19 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

this one should be clearer :D

Posted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 9:53 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

VIC, Australia

Posted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 9:20 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

its my eb ghia 1992. seires 1 i think. no problem man. I thort this bit of info would be realy usefull for you guys aswell. I could not find it eny were on the net, and people that have already dont it dont remember. So i thort i would put up what i figured out. There is still about 3wires on the round plug i did not work out what they were :( but i got every thing needed for this mod. Auto trans or manual. The big rectangle plug is the gearbox plug and it holds the reverse lights, speedo, neutral and park switch as the car is not spose to crank over in gear.

Posted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 10:34 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

VIC, Australia

thanks for putting it up .... tryin ta make sense of the wiring diagrahms . . . . scratches head..... :lol:

looking at the wiring ... it shows a neutral switch ... but i don't think my EB2 box has one?? the EB1 box def does tho .... tried starting me car.

do you want copies of the wiring?

Posted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 2:07 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Im pritty sure all auto gearboxes have a neutral and park switch. Thats what stops them from starting in reverse or drive. if you unplug the big rectangle plug your relays will not trigger for the starter motor to work. you need the neutral/park switch to be closed to complete the circuit so the relays close for the starter motor.

Posted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 9:57 am 
Fordmods Junkie

VIC, Australia

jumpingjak wrote:
Im pritty sure all auto gearboxes have a neutral and park switch. Thats what stops them from starting in reverse or drive. if you unplug the big rectangle plug your relays will not trigger for the starter motor to work. you need the neutral/park switch to be closed to complete the circuit so the relays close for the starter motor.

auto has the round plug ... manual has the rectangle plug. might swap boxes around.

Posted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 12:15 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

I thort eb falcons come from the factory as autos? all the ea, eb, ed i have seen at the wreckers have the same plugs as mine. 1small square plug. 2round plugs, and 1big rectangle plug. for this mod we need the small square plug, 1of the round plugs and the big rectangle plug. and the big rectangle plug is most deffinataly for the gearbox on my eb falcon, which has a auto box in it..

Posted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 12:19 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

I thort eb falcons come from the factory as autos? all the ea, eb, ed i have seen at the wreckers have the same plugs as mine. 1small square plug. 2round plugs, and 1big rectangle plug. for this mod we need the small square plug, 1of the round plugs and the big rectangle plug. and the big rectangle plug is most deffinataly for the gearbox on my eb falcon, which has a auto box in it..

Posted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 12:59 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

VIC, Australia

jumpingjak wrote:

all the EA/EB's that i have stripped have the plugs wether manual or auto. yes the big rectangle plug is for the manual box & one of the round plugs is for the auto .... will take a pic. the EB1 is auto & EB2 is manual. both from factory.

Sort by  
 Page 22 of 42  [ 626 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 ... 42  Next