Fordmods Logo

xr6 engine conversion into my eb. 

Page 23 of 42 [ 626 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 ... 42  Next

Post subject: Re: xr6 engine conversion into my eb.
Posted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 5:56 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: eb ford falcon ghia

NSW, Australia

ahhh well i deff have the eb1 as mine is auto.. maybe the 2nd round plug is used for the autos solinoids or sumthing Il have to look at my 2nd round plug to see whats going on with it. But as i sed be4, with mine the rectangle plug has the speedo sensor wire, reverse light wire and the nuetral switch. So the 2nd round plug must be for the solinoids, because the 1st round plug is for the injectors and some other engine stuff and sitting here thinking about it 1of them round plugs is taped up with the rectangle plug so im pritty sure thats right.

Posted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 9:17 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Ride: '03 BA & '06 BF Wagooons

VIC, Australia

jumpingjak wrote:
ahhh well i deff have the eb1 as mine is auto.. maybe the 2nd round plug is used for the autos solinoids or sumthing Il have to look at my 2nd round plug to see whats going on with it. But as i sed be4, with mine the rectangle plug has the speedo sensor wire, reverse light wire and the nuetral switch. So the 2nd round plug must be for the solinoids, because the 1st round plug is for the injectors and some other engine stuff and sitting here thinking about it 1of them round plugs is taped up with the rectangle plug so im pritty sure thats right.

hmmmm

shows loom behind engine coming around to the two manual/auto connectors. manual connector is the closest with auto connector behind & engine/injector connector last.

pic shows connectors. the bottom round is the engine/injector connection with the auto connector above it & on top the manual connector. the auto/manual connectors cabling join up together [hava close look]. the auto connector has all the wiring for the reverse/inhibit/speedo & solenoids where as the manual connector only has wiring for the reverse/neutral switch/speedo

if need be can 'scrounge up' a pic of gearbox wiring loom

Posted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 11:23 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

do you know what them 2red plugs are for? i dont have them on my plugs, also the small square plug mine has 2big red wire. my wiring is deff set up alittle different to yours. I got a call about my k.frame and engine mounts today, should be getting them tomorrow. My mate has a air compressor he can lend me so il be byeing a spray gun set very soon. The old eb is starting to have issues starting on cold days. it starts then stalls instantly, dose that a few times, then it will let me rev it to about 2grand as i start it, it still trys to stall but holds in and blows heaps of white smoke for about 30seconds then clears up but still runs realy rough for about 15min then seems to run ok. I changed my leads, dizzy cap, fuel filter and still dose it. Hopfully she hangs in there for another week or so.

Posted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 9:08 am 
Fordmods Junkie

VIC, Australia

jumpingjak wrote:
do you know what them 2red plugs are for? i dont have them on my plugs, also the small square plug mine has 2big red wire. my wiring is deff set up alittle different to yours.

presume thats for the duel fuel setup. also remember mines currently a CPFI [centre point fuel injection] setup not MPEFI [multi point electronic fuel injection]. but the gearbox plugs are same [wellll .... i'm bettin they are :roll: ].

jumpingjak wrote:
I got a call about my k.frame and engine mounts today, should be getting them tomorrow. My mate has a air compressor he can lend me so il be byeing a spray gun set very soon.

awesome! :mrgreen:

jumpingjak wrote:
The old eb is starting to have issues starting on cold days. it starts then stalls instantly, dose that a few times, then it will let me rev it to about 2grand as i start it, it still trys to stall but holds in and blows heaps of white smoke for about 30seconds then clears up but still runs realy rough for about 15min then seems to run ok. I changed my leads, dizzy cap, fuel filter and still dose it. Hopfully she hangs in there for another week or so.

i should know what this is :?: but it escapes me :?

Posted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 11:28 am 
Fordmods Junkie

VIC, Australia

jumpingjak wrote:

from the Auto to Manual Conversion Guide....

TROY. wrote:
the plug that is round?= auto transmission solinoids and gear position for ecu..
the rectangle plug is for reverse lights,inhibitor switch and neutral/drive switch.

the rectangle one is the only one you need to use for a manual...

Posted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 1:17 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

ahhh yes that will make the wiring set up different for sure ay. im realy hoping i can get the rest of my parts from now till next week end so i can change the engine then, no k.frame yet. his welding the cross bar for me so maybe monday. I have the thermostat and the round thing thats bolted onto the inlet manifold next to the thermostat.. Im desiding wether to paint them black aswell or poilish them.. What do you guys recon?

Posted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 1:40 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: EF Fairmont

NSW, Australia

Monday is a Pubic Holiday.. :D

Posted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 2:10 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

VIC, Australia

jumpingjak wrote:
ahhh yes that will make the wiring set up different for sure ay. im realy hoping i can get the rest of my parts from now till next week end so i can change the engine then, no k.frame yet. his welding the cross bar for me so maybe monday. I have the thermostat and the round thing thats bolted onto the inlet manifold next to the thermostat.. Im desiding wether to paint them black as well or poilish them.. What do you guys recon?

only thing that comes to mind is the thermostat housing? or do you mean the valve that opens & closes the inlet runners?

SWC wrote:
Monday is a Pubic Holiday.. :D

and as grumps mentions ...... it's queens birthday hol mundy :mrgreen:

Posted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 6:32 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

here is a old eb thermostat i had in the shed, il be using the heater pipe and temp sensor.

Posted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 6:35 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

here is the bf heater pipe cut off.

Posted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 6:39 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

here i cut the bent part off because i only need the straight part.

Posted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 6:44 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

here all the pipes il be useing and how they will sit on the engine.

Posted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 6:48 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

here is one side and roughly how it will be.

Posted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 6:52 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Here is the other side.. I still need to get sum hose clamps, but ye this is my plan so far.

Posted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 6:59 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

It must be the valve that opens the runners up, I did my best at polishing the hole therostat housing as well as the valve thing. i forgot to take a pic of it but i will put a pic of the front of the engine tomorrow and put it up. still waiting on my k.frame and engine mounts and, hopefully next week he sed. get all my bushings for the front end tomorrow. Then il be almost ready to think about abit of painting

Sort by  
 Page 23 of 42  [ 626 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 ... 42  Next