Fordmods Logo

xr6 engine conversion into my eb. 

Page 24 of 42 [ 626 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 ... 42  Next

Post subject: Re: xr6 engine conversion into my eb.
Posted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 9:38 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Ride: '03 BA & '06 BF Wagooons

VIC, Australia

re the one with the pipe at the rear of ya block ..... don't forget that ya have a firewall roughly where that pipe points/sits mate. maybe better with swapping the two pipes [the straight & bend sections] around so that they will point towards the heater/aircon point betterer. ie follow the original EB coolant pipe layout ?.

just me opinion :mrgreen:

ps .... altho that won't help the flow thru the smaller pipe :?

Posted: Sat Jun 18, 2016 7:52 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: eb ford falcon ghia

NSW, Australia

I was going to make the peice at the back of the head 1 metal pipe but i like it being a 2peice with sum hose. It gives me sum flexabilaty, as i expect my lining up of the pipes to fire wall may be abit off. Haha, ye i havent gone out to my eb and looked at how the hoses meet the firewall yet so they will need sum adjusting and swaping around for a snug fit :) . yes for sure you are right il try and make the pipes run the same way as the eb pipes did.. On the inlet side i was thinking il have to cut that pipe back alittle more and i may put my temp sensor in there with the rubber hose, or drill and tap the top of the thermostat housing for the temp sensor

Posted: Sat Jun 18, 2016 8:42 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

VIC, Australia

jumpingjak wrote:
I was going to make the peice at the back of the head 1 metal pipe but i like it being a 2peice with sum hose. It gives me sum flexabilaty, as i expect my lining up of the pipes to fire wall may be abit off. Haha, ye i havent gone out to my eb and looked at how the hoses meet the firewall yet so they will need sum adjusting and swaping around for a snug fit :) . yes for sure you are right il try and make the pipes run the same way as the eb pipes did..

i did mean the ends coz what hosing will you be using to connect em up? a standard over the counter or a custom :?:

jumpingjak wrote:
On the inlet side i was thinking il have to cut that pipe back alittle more and i may put my temp sensor in there with the rubber hose, or drill and tap the top of the thermostat housing for the temp sensor

yeah if that one could finish earlier & have the small pipe as well :lol: ........ which housing will you be using??

Posted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 11:23 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

sorry man i get abit lost when it comes to some of the parts names. What do you mean when you say the housing? after a few days of crap weather i see blue ski better out today :D . Il take sum more pictures and post them up..

Posted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 6:06 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

VIC, Australia

Mad2 wrote:

jumpingjak wrote:
On the inlet side i was thinking il have to cut that pipe back alittle more and i may put my temp sensor in there with the rubber hose, or drill and tap the top of the thermostat housing for the temp sensor

yeah if that one could finish earlier & have the small pipe as well :lol: ........ which housing will you be using??

jumpingjak wrote:
sorry man i get abit lost when it comes to some of the parts names. What do you mean when you say the housing? after a few days of crap weather i see blue ski better out today :D . Il take sum more pictures and post them up..

as in the thermostat housing. using the EB or BF?

Posted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 3:13 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

well my eb finaly craped it self yesterday, it starts but stalls straight away. It blows alot of white smoke that smells like un burnt fuel so i gave up on working on it and just going straight into the engine swap. I have only just got my son a charger and cord for his ipad so il be able to take sum more pictues when its charged up. today i got the radiator, fan, alternator, powersteering pump and ac compressor out the way. The engine mount on the inlet manifold side look abit hard to get to.

Posted: Sat Jul 02, 2016 6:24 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

VIC, Australia

jumpingjak wrote:
well my eb finaly craped it self yesterday, it starts but stalls straight away. It blows alot of white smoke that smells like un burnt fuel so i gave up on working on it and just going straight into the engine swap. I have only just got my son a charger and cord for his ipad so il be able to take sum more pictues when its charged up. today i got the radiator, fan, alternator, powersteering pump and ac compressor out the way. The engine mount on the inlet manifold side look abit hard to get to.

bugga .... hopefully ALL has been going well? mount looks hard but with a spanner & a long extension it's not too hard :lol:

Posted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 12:17 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

sorry about the lack of posts lately guys. ye the long extention bar and spanner was exactly what was needed :D . i got sum good pictures of the eb speedo set up in the gear box and how i modded it onto the bf box. Il put them up in the morning. I also have a good idea about the bonnet closing with out havening to drill the engine mounts, Il also put sum picture of that and try my best to explain but hopfully all it involves is heating up the inside of the bonnet near the latch and hammering it a little bit.

Posted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 4:30 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

here is my engine so far. :D

Posted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 4:33 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

eb engine on its way out

Posted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 4:36 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

two 5hr days and shes out :D total time 10 hrs to pull it out on my own. :lol: 1person helped me push the car back as i lifted the engine.

Posted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 4:39 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

hahaha 20yrs of dirt build up on that gearbox

Posted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 4:50 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

VIC, Australia

jumpingjak wrote:
hahaha 20yrs of dirt build up on that gearbox

you HAVE done well ..... 20 years of dirt & oil :shock:

Last edited by Mad2 on Thu Jul 07, 2016 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 4:50 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

here is the extention housing off the back of the eb gearbox.. The speedo cod is made of plastic.

Posted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 4:52 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

a metal clip locks onto this hole and also the speedo cog, That way the cog spins with the shaft.

Sort by  
 Page 24 of 42  [ 626 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 ... 42  Next