Fordmods Logo

2 Problems please help (sweet one down one to go) 

 

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

 
 Post subject: 2 Problems please help (sweet one down one to go)
Posted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:00 pm 
Smokin em up
Offline

Posts: 241

Joined: 22nd Mar 2012

Gallery: 4 images

Hi Guys
My first problem I think I might know why its happening. When I turn on my car it beeps at me 3 times over and over. first I strated to panic coz I put a upgraded instrument cluster in my car and thought I made a mistake :shock:. It took me abit to find out what I think it is, I just put a Trip computer in my car and looked over at it and instead of it being on the clock it was on Range 70kms. So I am thinking that its telling me to put more fuel in the car? (Sorry for the questions but I have only ever owned XY's and XE's so cars that beep a you is new...and I must say annoying :lol:).

Ok my second problem and the most bloody annoying coz I am going to get a RW after X-Mass.
I am getting the air bag code 52. Now I have made up a wire that has connector on both ends that are a really nice fit on the data pins. What I do is turn the ignition to II and waits for the code to stop flashing the code 52 and the light is on all the time. I hook one wire to the 4th pin from the left on the top row. and the first pin from the left on the bottom. as I have read your suppose to get the car beeping at you 5 times...but it dose nothing at all...have I did something wrong..I have seen it worked with other guys so it should work on mine as well I have a 1995 EF Ford Falcon GLi 6cyl auto
I hope you guys can help
Cheers
Luc

Last edited by Lucion on Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: 2 Problems please help
Posted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:24 pm 
Smokin em up
Offline

Age: 23

Posts: 201

Joined: 24th Aug 2012

Ride: 1987 telstar/2004 BA XR6 5spd

Location: Newcastle
NSW, Australia

hey mate, i have the same code flashing at me too, from memory i turned the ignition on to run..waited till the airbag light stopped flashing and connected the right pin to some wire with an alegator clip and grounded said wire to the door...took a few times but eventually i got it..hope this is of some help
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: 2 Problems please help
Posted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:29 pm 
Smokin em up
Offline

Age: 23

Posts: 201

Joined: 24th Aug 2012

Ride: 1987 telstar/2004 BA XR6 5spd

Location: Newcastle
NSW, Australia

i followed this little guide...

In the fuse box under the steering column where you plug the diagnosis computer in you will notice two rows of pins. Using an alligator clip or two wires you first need to locate:

* The Fourth Pin From the Left in the Top Row *
( This pin is for the Air bag )

* Second thing you do is bridge / connect this using your wire / alligator clip to the ( First Pin ) from the left in the bottom row. This pin is the Ground.

* For this to work you must have your ignition on to Ac with one end of the wire plugged into the Airbag Pin. Wait for the Airbag Light to flash the code*.

Once your airbag code stops flashing bridge / connect the Airbag pin with the Ground pin (first pin bottom row). When the code starts flashing the second time around you will hear 5 short beeps. This indicates the code has been cleared. Once you have done this after the 5 beeps remove the ground pin look at the Air bag light to see if it flashes another code. If it flashes another code wait for the code to finish flashing and reconnect the ground pin. When the code flashes the second time you will hear 5 short beeps.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: 2 Problems please help
Posted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:46 pm 
Tyre Shredder
Offline

Age: 24

Posts: 332

Joined: 9th Dec 2010

Ride: EL GLi

Yeah you're on the money with the fuel thing. It's just the low fuel warning...goes on every time you start the car or turn the key onto start and it's below 80kms, and when you are driving and it hits 80, 40 and 20 it beeps. Hit the middle button to make it go away.

 

_________________

Build Thread

the-garage-f53/benno-the-viking-s-el-t111731.html

Ain't nuthin' to it but do it!

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: 2 Problems please help
Posted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:46 pm 
Smokin em up
Offline

Posts: 241

Joined: 22nd Mar 2012

Gallery: 4 images

misskitten9871 wrote:
i followed this little guide...

In the fuse box under the steering column where you plug the diagnosis computer in you will notice two rows of pins. Using an alligator clip or two wires you first need to locate:

* The Fourth Pin From the Left in the Top Row *
( This pin is for the Air bag )

* Second thing you do is bridge / connect this using your wire / alligator clip to the ( First Pin ) from the left in the bottom row. This pin is the Ground.

* For this to work you must have your ignition on to Ac with one end of the wire plugged into the Airbag Pin. Wait for the Airbag Light to flash the code*.

Once your airbag code stops flashing bridge / connect the Airbag pin with the Ground pin (first pin bottom row). When the code starts flashing the second time around you will hear 5 short beeps. This indicates the code has been cleared. Once you have done this after the 5 beeps remove the ground pin look at the Air bag light to see if it flashes another code. If it flashes another code wait for the code to finish flashing and reconnect the ground pin. When the code flashes the second time you will hear 5 short beeps.


yeah that's the same way I have been doing it. Am I right to wait till the code flashes and the light is on ALL the time to bridge the pins or do I let it flash the code the fist time and the bridge it ?
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: 2 Problems please help
Posted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:48 pm 
Smokin em up
Offline

Posts: 241

Joined: 22nd Mar 2012

Gallery: 4 images

Benno The Viking wrote:
Yeah you're on the money with the fuel thing. It's just the low fuel warning...goes on every time you start the car or turn the key onto start and it's below 80kms, and when you are driving and it hits 80, 40 and 20 it beeps. Hit the middle button to make it go away.


Sweet thanks Benno thats one less thing I have to worrie about

Cheers Luc
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: 2 Problems please help (sweet one down one to go)
Posted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:50 pm 
Smokin em up
Offline

Age: 23

Posts: 201

Joined: 24th Aug 2012

Ride: 1987 telstar/2004 BA XR6 5spd

Location: Newcastle
NSW, Australia

i think i waited till it flashed the first set and bridged the wires while it wasnt flashing...although i could be wrong
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: 2 Problems please help (sweet one down one to go)
Posted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:14 pm 
Smokin em up
Offline

Posts: 241

Joined: 22nd Mar 2012

Gallery: 4 images

misskitten9871 wrote:
i think i waited till it flashed the first set and bridged the wires while it wasnt flashing...although i could be wrong


~sighs~ well so far I have tried everything. But looks like I am going to have to pay to get it fixed bugga !

well thanks for your help so far

Cheers
Luc
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: 2 Problems please help (sweet one down one to go)
Posted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:27 pm 
Smokin em up
Offline

Age: 23

Posts: 201

Joined: 24th Aug 2012

Ride: 1987 telstar/2004 BA XR6 5spd

Location: Newcastle
NSW, Australia

i asked ford how much they wanted to clear the code on my ef and thay said that wanted $80 odd to JUST look at it...it's not worth getting ford to do it, just stick at it and try a few dif combos..like i said i grounded that pin to the door rather then another pin..it took me a few goes but got there eventually...i only did it for rego...the fues blew a few days later, i just replaced the fues and havnt botherd to fix it again...although i will have to do it again in the next few weeks as my car is up for rego once again lol
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: 2 Problems please help (sweet one down one to go)
Posted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:32 pm 
Smokin em up
Offline

Posts: 241

Joined: 22nd Mar 2012

Gallery: 4 images

misskitten9871 wrote:
i asked ford how much they wanted to clear the code on my ef and thay said that wanted $80 odd to JUST look at it...it's not worth getting ford to do it, just stick at it and try a few dif combos..like i said i grounded that pin to the door rather then another pin..it took me a few goes but got there eventually...i only did it for rego...the fues blew a few days later, i just replaced the fues and havnt botherd to fix it again...although i will have to do it again in the next few weeks as my car is up for rego once again lol


Well thats my problem I have to get rid of it before I get my car regoed and I need to deal out $750 for my extractors and new cat this week and being on a pension I could deal with the $80 odd to get rid of that damn light.well not much I can do but suck on it I guess thanks again for your advice

Cheers
Luc
Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:
Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 10 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

 

 

It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:26 am All times are UTC + 11 hours

 

 

(c)2014 Total Web Solutions Australia - Australian Web Hosting and Domain Names