Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ] Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: 6Disk stacker issue NL fairlane
Posted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:32 am 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: NA / NL fairlane, 08 honda civic

QLD, Australia

Hi All

I have a NL Fairlane Ghia.

The 6disk stacker in the boot used to work, however now all i get is 1 E on the screen in the front when i press CD and the stacker in the back will not eject. it is like it has no power.

does anyone know where the fuses for these stackers are?

otherwise is there a replacement unit that can be installed.

Regards

Barry

Question.
What is the meaning of life?
Answer.
The condition that distinguishes organisms from inorganic objects and dead organisms, being manifested by growth through metabolism, reproduction, and the power of adaptation to environment through changes originating internally.

Post subject: Re: 6Disk stacker issue NL fairlane
Posted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:44 am 
Tyre Shredder

Gallery: 58 images

Ride: 2009 ve ss manual L98

SA, Australia

The fuse should be the stereo fuse in the panel, the stacked should have a standard input plug ( as far as I've seen all stackers are the same) replace with aftermarket or cheapie off eBay. The stacked may not be the problem so maybe try a cheap one first it could be the bead deck as the stacker gets power from the deck, also could just be that the stacker cable is loose on back of deck or stacker or damaged cable. Check your cheaper options first as sow.ding big money on necessary items is a waste imo. Make sure all plugs are in firm and clean/free of dust/corrosion hope this helps :)

Posted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:05 pm 
Tyre Shredder

SA, Australia

Is this E on the far right side of the screen? Turn your key to red ( ignition lights on) for an hour see if this helps? This is how you reset the radio when you enter incorrect codes to many times, may help possibly? Do you have your code?

Posted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:45 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

I had this happen to my wife's stacker a couple of times.
Each time I had to take the unit out, open it up and manually turn some gears to get it to eject a stuck CD, then it would work again.
It only happened twice and hasn't happened for a good long while now, 4 years+.

EL Fairmont Ghia - Manual - Supercharged
- The Car
- The Headlights

Posted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:15 am 
Stock as a Rock

QLD, Australia

123esproc wrote:
Is this E on the far right side of the screen? Turn your key to red ( ignition lights on) for an hour see if this helps? This is how you reset the radio when you enter incorrect codes to many times, may help possibly? Do you have your code?

no it is fairly close together. when i disconnect the stacker it changed to E3,

I have pulled the battory from the car and i intend to see if it works after i put the battory is put back in.

hopefully it will be ok.

Regards

Barry

Question.
Answer.
The condition that distinguishes organisms from inorganic objects and dead organisms, being manifested by growth through metabolism, reproduction, and the power of adaptation to environment through changes originating internally.

Posted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:22 am 
Tyre Shredder

SA, Australia

Let us know mate :)

Posted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:10 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: ED V8

WA, Australia

123esproc wrote:
.......the stacked should have a standard input plug ( as far as I've seen all stackers are the same) replace with aftermarket or cheapie off eBay.......

I doubt that is the case.... different manufacturers use different proprietary plugs to protect their share of the market. Apart from this the software would be different and they change the plugs regularly too so as to accommodate technical updates and new features, so an Ford (Alpine) head unit from 1997 is highly unlikely to work with any stacker (Alpine or otherwise) available new today.

Wouldn't that be a fantastic world if everything just magically worked with everything else though......

ED XR8 Spri-mitatio-nt

Posted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:34 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF II Gas Ute

ACT, Australia

philaddis wrote:
123esproc wrote:
.......the stacked should have a standard input plug ( as far as I've seen all stackers are the same) replace with aftermarket or cheapie off eBay.......

I doubt that is the case.... different manufacturers use different proprietary plugs to protect their share of the market. Apart from this the software would be different and they change the plugs regularly too so as to accommodate technical updates and new features, so an Ford (Alpine) head unit from 1997 is highly unlikely to work with any stacker (Alpine or otherwise) available new today.

Wouldn't that be a fantastic world if everything just magically worked with everything else though......

Hi,

I also think you may have to cut your losses and get a new stereo. If you get one that will play MP3's and has a USB input, no moving parts or Laser to go wrong / or skip.

Regards 96ELGli

Posted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:47 pm 
Stock as a Rock

QLD, Australia

i am not replacing the factory one with an aftermarket one unless it has the same functionality, aka i can run it even when the ignition is off like the genuine ones can. if worse comes to worse there are people who can repair it. if i cant fix it i will just not use the CD option.

I want to keep it orriginal tho.

Regards

Barry

Question.
Answer.

Posted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 3:07 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

MAD wrote:
Each time I had to take the unit out, open it up and manually turn some gears to get it to eject a stuck CD, then it would work again.

Open it up twiddle with some gears until you find the ones that eject and replace the cd in the cartridge. It will work after that.

- The Car
- The Headlights

Posted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 3:29 pm 
Stock as a Rock

QLD, Australia

MAD wrote:
MAD wrote:

Open it up twiddle with some gears until you find the ones that eject and replace the cd in the cartridge. It will work after that.

I will give that a go. hopefully it fixes it, would it be a good idea to introduce some fresh electronics greese to those gears?

Question.
Answer.

Posted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 3:47 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Bazzy wrote:
MAD wrote:
MAD wrote:

I will give that a go. hopefully it fixes it, would it be a good idea to introduce some fresh electronics greese to those gears?
I wouldn't bother with the grease.
For some reason they just get themselves stuck in an in-between state, don't respond, and throw that code.

- The Car
- The Headlights

Posted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:01 am 
Stock as a Rock

QLD, Australia

yeah i have got it back to an extent. it will now select from disks 2 and 5 and will allow you to move up the cds but not down. so you can go from disk in slot 2 to slot 3 but not from slot 3 to slot 2 unless you eject the cartrage and put it back in

that will do i guess.

Question.
Answer.

Posted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:25 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: Ef Fairmont

NSW, Australia

I had a similar problem with the stacker in an Nc I had a while back. I took it out, opened it up and just made sure everything was cleaned and regreased everything that should have been. Worked after that.
You gotta remember the stackers no spring chicken age wise and she is doing ok for an old girl considering some brand new cd players bite the dust after 12 months.
If it doesnt work correctly still, maybe just buy another stacker... You can get after market stackers cheap as second hand or new because nobody wants them now days now mp3 is around. Why have a stacker in the boot when you can have an in-dash one player that will play 5 albums on one cd

Posted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:59 am 
Stock as a Rock

QLD, Australia

yeah i am trying to keep the car original,
as of yet i have not seen an aftermarket CD player that has the 1 hour ingnition off key out play like the genuine ford one does. also the ford one is an alpine and sounds greate.

Question.
Answer.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 2  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next