Fordmods Logo

Alarm in el problem smart lock please helppp 

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Post subject: Alarm in el problem smart lock please helppp
Posted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:43 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: El ghia

VIC, Australia

Hey guys just got back from the auto elec. He's installed a mongoose m80g alarm with mongoose actuators. The old actuators have been removed. What is happening the alarm has an auto arm mode. When this arms the actuators don't lock but the module thinks they are so when you click the unlock button the module unlocks but the actuators lock so the alarm basically goes into reverse. Has any one got any idea as to what might be the problem?.. I'm fairly sure the smart lock has been left in however not to sure if this has anything to do with it as I think it's the actual mongoose module itself doing it. Any help is much much appreciated.

Post subject: Re: Alarm in el problem smart lock please helppp
Posted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 3:17 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 32 images

Ride: BA XR6T (mix of BA, BF and FG)

WA, Australia

Take it back and make him fix it.

The factory CDL motors have the internal switches that determine the (other) locks position built into them.. and I can't think of any reason to remove them as you don't need to to put an after market alarm in. (something I used to do for a job) An upgrade alarm allows you to use the factory remotes to trigger the alarm and a normal alarm allows you to trigger the CDL by hooking into it. (this is how mine is setup.) Neither method requires you pull the door motors out. Worst case Scenario we used with some foreign cars was to piggyback the after market motor around the factory one so the locking triggers still worked.

Post subject: Re: Alarm in el problem smart lock please helppp
Posted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 3:04 am 
Parts Gopher

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: el fairmont

QLD, Australia

Sounds like he has fitted a separate central locking module which reverses the polarity of the door motors & he has wired it backwards ,so lock unlocks & unlock locks .
Don't know why he would remove the good ford motors & replace with Chinese rubbish ?? complicated way of doing it

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]