Gallery: 2 images

Ride: BA MKII XR6

New Zealand

Mad2 wrote:
5h4dy wrote:
Mad2 wrote:
just tooo bad you wouldn't recieve it in the same condition sent :roll:

Depends how much bubble wrap it was covered with :lol:

:lol: :lol: :roll: still as long as it don't get thrown, booted or dropped............

Yeah I guess :lol:

Post subject: Re: BA/BF Falcon - High Series Wiring
Posted: Fri Aug 27, 2021 8:51 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Ride: '03 BA & '06 BF Wagooons

VIC, Australia

Posted: Fri Aug 27, 2021 9:23 pm 
Getting Side Ways

New Zealand

5h4dy wrote:
Mad2 wrote:
5h4dy wrote:
Mad2 wrote:
just tooo bad you wouldn't recieve it in the same condition sent :roll:

Depends how much bubble wrap it was covered with :lol:

:lol: :lol: :roll: still as long as it don't get thrown, booted or dropped............

Yeah I guess :lol:

Although it wouldn't necessarily matter if the electronics got damaged in transit, the high series dual zone are available here easy enough, and I could transplant the electronics into a high series single zone fascia panel...

Mad2 wrote:
so hows it going with ya mods?

Pretty slow for now, since we're back in another total lockdown over here I don't have access to much at the moment - But I am slowly progressing with the rear camera (integrating a reverse camera into the boot garnish so it looks more factory and isn't a total eyesore)

Posted: Fri Aug 27, 2021 9:46 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

VIC, Australia

5h4dy wrote:
5h4dy wrote:
Although it wouldn't necessarily matter if the electronics got damaged in transit, the high series dual zone are available here easy enough, and I could transplant the electronics into a high series single zone fascia panel...

doesn't quite work that way.

5h4dy wrote:
Mad2 wrote:
so hows it going with ya mods?

Pretty slow for now, since we're back in another total lockdown over here I don't have access to much at the moment - But I am slowly progressing with the rear camera (integrating a reverse camera into the boot garnish so it looks more factory and isn't a total eyesore)

i'm going SY camera.

Posted: Fri Aug 27, 2021 9:49 pm 
Getting Side Ways

New Zealand

Mad2 wrote:

What do you mean? If I use the TFT screen from a high series dual zone, and the fascia from a high series single, with the BEM and CD player from my existing unit...

Mad2 wrote:
i'm going SY camera.

Oh yeah, what's that look like?

Posted: Fri Aug 27, 2021 10:01 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

VIC, Australia

5h4dy wrote:
Mad2 wrote:

What do you mean? If I use the TFT screen from a high series dual zone, and the fascia from a high series single, with the BEM and CD player from my existing unit...

the high series screen as far as i know - they cannot be used on the lower series. is it actually true? .. i have no idea.

5h4dy wrote:
Mad2 wrote:
i'm going SY camera.

Oh yeah, what's that look like?

dunno yet ..... still working on the Fairylane loom adaption with the Futura looms. :mrgreen:

Posted: Fri Aug 27, 2021 10:07 pm 
Getting Side Ways

New Zealand

Mad2 wrote:
the high series screen as far as i know - they cannot be used on the lower series. is it actually true? .. i have no idea.

From the research I've done it's easy enough to do :wink: Well, provided I can get the correct ICCs to do it with

Mad2 wrote:
dunno yet ..... still working on the Fairylane loom adaption with the Futura looms. :mrgreen:

I suppose that's to display on the ICC since you don't have the AV unit I've added to mine?

Here's the current prototype in primer:

Attachment:
p1.jpg
p1.jpg [ 218.46 KiB | Viewed 168 times ]

Posted: Fri Aug 27, 2021 10:49 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

VIC, Australia

5h4dy wrote:
Mad2 wrote:

From the research I've done it's easy enough to do :wink: Well, provided I can get the correct ICCs to do it with

Mad2 wrote:

I suppose that's to display on the ICC since you don't have the AV unit I've added to mine?

Here's the current prototype in primer:

Attachment:
p1.jpg

good luck on the high series screen swap :roll:

i presume that's the camera ya mentioned?.

my screen will be similar to this [different cover] & i fitted this to her BF.

i have the ICC from the same SY as the camera ..... so it will work [was fitted to her old BF and worked very well, but without the testing the camera]. and i also understand what the ICC needs to be able to work re camera .... and currently working on understanding the Fairylane looms ['B' pillars forward & Futura looms from 'B' pillar back]. also [hopefully] have the required high series mirrors that match the memory drivers seat as well. so currently 'looking' good :mrgreen: so basically everything you see in the 'high' series Fairymonts/Fairylanes will be in my Futura hybrid .... someone came up with LR6 as a name .... altho i'm currently thinking FLR6? or LRf6 :lol: :roll: [abbreviations of LongRoof6, FairylaneLongRoof6, LongRooffairylane6]

i also have the BA Fairylane cluster to fit

Posted: Fri Aug 27, 2021 10:57 pm 
Getting Side Ways

New Zealand

Mad2 wrote:

Yeah thanks.... It won't be happening unless I can find one of those high series single zone units.

Mad2 wrote:

Yeah, that's the camera integrated into the garnish, awaiting final sanding and paint before I install it. - I have the paint, but it's not really painting weather at the moment.

Mad2 wrote:

i have the ICC from the same SY as the camera ..... so it will work [was fitted to her old BF and worked very well, but without the testing the camera]. and i also understand what the ICC needs to be able to work re camera .... and currently working on understanding the Fairylane looms ['B' pillars forward & Futura looms from 'B' pillar back]. also [hopefully] have the required high series mirrors that match the memory drivers seat as well. so currently 'looking' good :mrgreen: so basically everything you see in the 'high' series Fairymonts/Fairylanes will be in my Futura hybrid .... someone came up with LR6 as a name .... altho i'm currently thinking FLR6? or LRf6 :lol: :roll: [abbreviations of LongRoof6, FairylaneLongRoof6, LongRooffairylane6]

I thought you were keeping the XR6 cluster in there?

Just get a "hybrid" badge from a prius and stick it on the back with a falcon one and a ghia :lol:

Posted: Fri Aug 27, 2021 11:07 pm 
Getting Side Ways

New Zealand

5h4dy wrote:
Just get a "hybrid" badge from a prius and stick it on the back with a falcon one and a ghia :lol:

Attachment:
f1.jpg
f1.jpg [ 70.43 KiB | Viewed 169 times ]

Posted: Fri Aug 27, 2021 11:16 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

VIC, Australia

5h4dy wrote:
Mad2 wrote:

Yeah thanks.... It won't be happening unless I can find one of those high series single zone units.

but if you find/fit the colour screen single zone you won't need to swap the screen?

5h4dy wrote:
Mad2 wrote:

Yeah, that's the camera integrated into the garnish, awaiting final sanding and paint before I install it. - I have the paint, but it's not really painting weather at the moment.

similar here .... altho next week . . . low 20's :shock:

5h4dy wrote:
Mad2 wrote:

I thought you were keeping the XR6 cluster in there?

XR cluster won't fit in with the colour scheme of things [seeing as i couldn't get the black version .... i'm going silver] as i now have the correct silver high series ICC lined up .... just waiting on lockdown to end :roll: ... i removed the badges on the rear.......... :lol:

so "Hybrid Fairlane Ghia" . . . . . . . ...... :?

Posted: Fri Aug 27, 2021 11:21 pm 
Getting Side Ways

New Zealand

Mad2 wrote:
but if you find/fit the colour screen single zone you won't need to swap the screen

Correct - that was just a hypothetical scenario based on a damaged high series single zone.

If I could find a high series single zone here it would be easy, but I haven't come across one yet in this country...

I thought the sunglasses console was hard to find, but that's easy compared to the ICC :lol:

Posted: Fri Aug 27, 2021 11:21 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

VIC, Australia

5h4dy wrote:
5h4dy wrote:

Attachment:
f1.jpg

:lol: :lol: :roll:

5h4dy wrote:
Mad2 wrote:
but if you find/fit the colour screen single zone you won't need to swap the screen

Correct - that was just a hypothetical scenario based on a damaged high series single zone.

If I could find a high series single zone here it would be easy, but I haven't come across one yet in this country...

I thought the sunglasses console was hard to find, but that's easy compared to the ICC :lol:

easier over here to grab a specific dual zone here ........... singles are a 'bit' harder to find [believe from XR's?].

and i still need to mod the dash re switches & mod a roof lining so i can fit some terri 'stuff' to it ........... or fit some 'FG' items . . . . ...

i'm enjoying the SZ steering wheel/combo switch :mrgreen:

Posted: Fri Aug 27, 2021 11:27 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

VIC, Australia

Posted: Fri Aug 27, 2021 11:30 pm 
Getting Side Ways

New Zealand

Mad2 wrote:
easier over here to grab a specific dual zone here ........... singles are a 'bit' harder to find [believe from XR's?].

Yeah but I don't want dual zone. I would if I had another reason to pull the dash and swap out the HIM, but I'm the only person in that car generally anyway so I don't need dual zone.

Sort by  
 Page 3 of 4  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next