ba falcon door ajar / door wont lock 

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Post subject: ba falcon door ajar / door wont lock
Posted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 3:54 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: BA Predator

QLD, Australia

ok so the doors on my BA wont lock, the door ajar light is lit up on the cluster and all doors are shut including the boot

* It's not the white worm gear in the door lock I've replaced them before and checked there first to rule it out
* I've tested all of the door locks (and the boot) to ensure its not a crook sensor telling the car the door is ajar
* this happens all the time it hasn't rained here for a couple of months and the car is stored in a garages so I think that would rule out water getting in (as others have found this to be the problem)

this lead me to the conclusion that I have a stuffed BEM so I took it down to get the diagnostic run on it.

the guys are telling me they used both of their diagnostic tools and the car wouldn't power them up... I'll take there word for it that these tools get their power from the car but if that's the case then I have a short somewhere else and this short may also be the cause of the door ajar ( and fingers cross my BEM is fine)

has anyone else had an issue like this ?
can anyone tell me if the power for the door sensors and the plug in location for the diagnostic tools come of a common source?

I really don't want to take it to an auto elec here as if had bad experience's with them in the past
you know the "took me all day to find the problem please bend over whilst I shaft as much money out of you as I can" type auto elec's

anyways any help would be welcomed

Post subject: Re: ba falcon door ajar / door wont lock
Posted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 11:41 pm 
Technical Contributor

NSW, Australia

Hope this helps

Posted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:32 pm 
Tyre Shredder

QLD, Australia

TedW wrote:
Hope this helps

Thanks I think it did if what I'm reading is correct the fuse that I took out to stop the interior light from draining the car battery is also the fuse that goes to the diagnostic

I will try this and see how I go

Posted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:20 am 
Technical Contributor

NSW, Australia

refit fuse and scan check switch operations or

disconnect connectors to each door to see which circuit puts light out (allow time for light to fade)dont forget to check boot light and possible bonnet switch if alarm is or has been fitted -

watch light closely and open and close doors -working switch circuit will give very very minor change in light on working circuit -

disconnect BEM and door lock connectors check DOOR AJAR circuits as per diagram with multimeter for continuity end to end and nothing to earth (other side of switch is earth circuit )

Posted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:15 am 
Tyre Shredder

QLD, Australia

just an update, stupid car stopped doing the constant door ajar thing for about 3 days, sadly this was also when I had it booked in for the diagnostic test and without the fault present surprise surprise I didn't get an answer that it is the BCM

its back to it old tricks now so ill get it tested again soon and see what it says

***NOTE*** without the blue 15a fuse in place for the interior light the diagnostic machine will not get power, (I had it out so that the interior light wouldn't drain the battery) once put back in the machine fired up

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]