Fordmods Logo

BF XR6 interior light wiring 

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Post subject: BF XR6 interior light wiring
Posted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:42 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 1992 EBII Fairmont

VIC, Australia

hi guys, I promised my bro the other day I'd fix his interior light for him after one of his drunk mates decided to rip it straight out the roof.. I was just wondering if anyone knew what wires go where by any chance? It looks pretty simple haha but I really don't want mix them up/short anything!

He's giving me the light tomorrow (It has 2 wires running off it from memory) I'm hoping it will all make more sense then. In the roof there's 4 loose wires and I'm not sure if they're all for the light (the car has a sunroof). The colours of the wires are green/yellow, black/blue, red and red/back here's a pic of it all.

I think he said that black/blue one may have even connected to one of those red wires (there was tape covering them all that was removed) I really need to see the interior light but I can't get it off him until tomorrow (and then he expects the car back later that night lol it's all an unappreciated click of a finger to him). Any help would be much appreciated!! cheers

Post subject: Re: BF XR6 interior light wiring
Posted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:42 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 1992 EBII Fairmont

VIC, Australia

Once I got the light off him the wiring pretty self explanatory!! It's all wired up but still doesn't work I'm pretty sure the loom has been stretched as the reading lamp in the passenger side back seat doesn't work either and the loom seems to run that way. And the drivers side back seat lamp works fine. I don't want to take the roof lining out on this car if necessary does anyone know where the loom ends up? It seems to go across from the interior light to the left and down the B pillar but that's where I lose it. I'm hoping it's just the other end of the loom/solder join that's just come unjoined I doubt the wire itself has snapped. Cheers!!

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ]