BF xr6 ute passenger door not locking 

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

Post subject: BF xr6 ute passenger door not locking
Posted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:14 pm 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 14 images

Ride: 1994 ford fairmont ED

WA, Australia

I'll do my best to explain what the issue is here.

From the beginning, the remote locking has not been working for the drivers door for a very long time (only worked for a short period of time after I bought the ute 3 years ago) but it always still unlocked the passenger door. I've just been using the key to unlock/lock drivers side door. I can lock both doors by locking just the drivers door manually. But I can only unlock the drivers door manually. To unlock passenger side door, you either have to pull handle on inside of car, or have drivers door open and press the lock/unlock button on the bottom of the ICC unit (will not work if drivers door closed) or press unlock on the remote from outside of the car.

Until today.

I usually travel on my own, so passenger side door usually remains locked. I have a habit of resting my elbow on the ledge of the drivers door which pushes down the locking button (I don't know the proper name for it but only the drivers side has one) which locks the passenger door. I did that this morning and the passenger door made a grinding noise. So I turned the radio off and played with the ICC lock button, everytime I pressed it, the passenger door made the grinding noise.

When I got home I played around with it, I got out the car, locked the drivers door and the passenger door made the grinding noise. Pressed unlock on the remote and passenger door grinds and does not unlock. I tried it a few times with same result. I then opened the passenger door from the inside of the car which in turn also unlocked the door, but now it will not lock. I can flick the latch freely with no resistance up and down when the door is open, but I cannot shut the door with it in the lock position, and I cannot lock the door when the door is shut, as the door has no external locks (no keyhole and no button on top of the door) so basically the only way to lock the passenger door is via remote (internally) which it would appear is now broken. The remote on my keyring is working perfectly. I believe there is an actuator or cable of some sort internally in the door that is broken.

Has anyone else experienced this, and what was the outcome?

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 1 post ]