Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Post subject: Blower fan whine/whistle
Posted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:44 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: 2003 BA Falcon XR6

SA, Australia

Howdy peoples! :)

I've got a 03 BA Falcon XR6

I've noticed this weird whine/whistle noise when I rev the engine (or during acceleration) which only occurs when the A/C blower fan is on.
Doesn't matter what settings I have, it makes the noise... but not always! It's intermittent.

It's not terribly loud but can get annoying.

My vents don't always do what I tell them to, sometimes it gets stuck on front-facing vents and won't go to demister.

I thought something might've been in the flap so I blew it out with an airgun but I think I just made it worse because even though so far it seems to work fine, the whine is still there and I can hear HEAPS of crap bouncing around in the ducting when the fan is above half power :/

Is there something I can do? Or is it time to get it to an Auto Electrician to see wtf is going on...
(After I get my diff rebuilt) :(

Cheers peeps!

Post subject: Re: Blower fan whine/whistle
Posted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:51 pm 

Ride: 93EB Fairmont / BA Falcon XR6T

NSW, Australia

Sounds a bit weird but if you want , first take out the glove box by opening and unclipping it from the hinge. Straight under the dash at the top there is a mesh filter that can be unclipped and slid out. It could be full of leaves. Check that out. Some leaves could be in the fan..

Edit. It also unclips at the top somewhere first. Im not near my BA now to explain it in more detail.

93 EB II Fairmon8 with 17' EL GT's / Clear indicators / H.I.Ds / Sports exhaust / Lowered 2' / K&N / XR6 ECU.
2004 BA MKI XR6T in Lightning Strike paint / K&N / XR8 bonnet / BF lights and a few tweaks.

Post subject: Re: Blower fan whine/whistle
Posted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:06 am 
Parts Gopher

Ride: 2003 BA Falcon XR6

SA, Australia

Yeah I checked that, there were a few bits on the filter bit nothing much, I took an air gun to the blower turbine to blow out any crap that might be making weird noises... But it did more harm than good :/

Cheers though :)

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]