Fordmods Logo

Bluetooth OBD II scanner for AU problem solved!!!! 

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Post subject: Bluetooth OBD II scanner for AU problem solved!!!!
Posted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:04 am 
Parts Gopher

Ride: AU II Fairlane

QLD, Australia

Hey guys after alot of messing around reading and internet surfing, i finally managed to get a OBD II scanner (bluetooth) to read and clear DTC's and a whole lot of other info from the PCM, BEM, ABS and more. I have seen so guys trying to get this done for AU's so i thought i'd write up what i did what software i used. Now unfortunately it requires a laptop as the Torque APP doesn't recognize the ford Standard corporate protocol (SCP) or as this is a varient of SAEJ1850 PWM.
So here we go:

1. The scanner.

I bought an ebay one cost me $36 called HHOBD advanced bluetooth ill add the link for it below

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/HHOBD-Bluetooth-OBD2-Wireless-CAN-BUS-Scanner-Interface-Adapter-Android-Torque-/140764762437?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item20c63bd145&_uhb=1

make sure the ELM327 version is 1.5 this is the latest version as far as im aware. this one works great for me.

2. Bluetooth software.

Now this almost made me throw my laptop at wall, after a lot of trial and error i ended using BlueSoleil bluetooth software suit the demo version works fine and im sure if you look hard enough you'll be able to find a crack for it on google.

Once installed add your blue tooth device and pair it the pairing code can be found on the OBDII bluetooth adapter.

Once you paired the scanner right click on it and select Connect Bluetooth Serial Port. It will give you a port number remember it as you need to change some of the settings on it.

Once all the above is done go to Start>Control Panel>Device Manager
then find Ports and right click and go to properties select port setting and change the Bits per second rate to 38400 then click apply.
the link for the program download is:

http://www.pluscrack.com/mobile-softwares/bluesoleil.html

3. The OBDII software.

Another massive pain my a** :evil: was finding software that could understand the dreaded Ford SCP OBDII. ForScan is the only one that i found that works.
1st thing you do is go to settings and set everything to auto.
At the bottom of the screen on the 1st tab there will be a button called connect to vehicle click on it and it should connect. If it does then enjoy all the info that you can get.

The info that it gives is amazing it reads the DTC's, clears them, performs test on the PCM, BEM and a whole heap of other info you can set the PID's and customize all you want. :mrgreen:

I hope you guys find this helpful.

Javier86

AU II Fairlane Ghia 180 hp@ the wheels, Pacemaker 4499, RedBack 2.5", stock CAT, CAI, Lovells low's. More to come

Post subject: Re: Bluetooth OBD II scanner for AU problem solved!!!!
Posted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:52 am 
Tyre Shredder

Gallery: 58 images

Ride: 2009 ve ss manual L98

SA, Australia

Wow ! Mate you know how many threads there are concerning this previously failed topic? Awesome job mate!!! When I get a laptop I'll be doing this myself!! xD :idea: if anyone out there knows a an app for android that will support this please please share !!! :) be awesome to be able to check all this info off my phone

+ 1 TECH DOCO!!!!!!!!!!!!! :idea:

Posted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:35 am 
Parts Gopher

QLD, Australia

Mate ForScan are releasing an app for iOS and Andriod in the near future last time i email them they were developing the iOS app. BTW i forgot to add the link for the ForScan website so ill add on here.

Cheers,

http://www.forscan.org/

AU II Fairlane Ghia 180 hp@ the wheels, Pacemaker 4499, RedBack 2.5", stock CAT, CAI, Lovells low's. More to come

Posted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:45 am 
Tyre Shredder

SA, Australia

Cool !! Hehe I'm like a child waiting to get thier first puppy!! Hahaha so alls I need is the elm327 OBDII 1.5 Bluetooth scanner and this forscan app when its finished?

Posted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:28 am 
Parts Gopher

QLD, Australia

Yeah that about it
:D

Posted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:44 am 
Tyre Shredder

SA, Australia

Cool, there's a lot of apps on google play maybe there's a decent one on there that will work? Maybe you could have a quick squiz at them see what you think? Would be awesome mate!!!

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ]