Fordmods Logo

central locking and throttle body 

 

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

 
 Post subject: central locking and throttle body
Posted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:38 am 
Stock as a Rock
Offline

Age: 30

Posts: 130

Joined: 6th Aug 2014

Ride: ford

Location: yorke peninsula
SA, Australia

hi

ef central locking isn’t best, it goes funny on hot days

what central locking would be best out of aftermarket or e series. What other central locking actuators could be made to fit while working with factory smartlock, while looking factory.

what would actuators from a ea-ed be like compared with ef/el and with ea-ed ones will the back ones go in same direction as ef/el back ones or do they go opposite, think the ef/el back ones go opposite, then itll probably be a as simple as switching a couple wires.

whats the aftermarket kits really like and what kg force would you go for a ef. is 6 kg force ok or would you want to go 8kg hd force.





and need to know when fitting a au2/3 throttle body to a ef can you just join colour for colour on the tps plug because the wires are exactly same colour codes or would you have to check diagrams.

thanks
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: central locking and throttle body
Posted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 3:45 pm 
Fordmods Junkie
Online
User avatar

Posts: 2752

Joined: 22nd Jan 2009

Ride: '91 EB Wagoon

Location: Geeelong
VIC, Australia

car10001 wrote:
hi

ef central locking isn’t best, it goes funny on hot days

what central locking would be best out of aftermarket or e series. What other central locking actuators could be made to fit while working with factory smartlock, while looking factory.


believe any can be made to fit with time & money.


car10001 wrote:
what would actuators from a ea-ed be like compared with ef/el and with ea-ed ones will the back ones go in same direction as ef/el back ones or do they go opposite, think the ef/el back ones go opposite, then itll probably be a as simple as switching a couple wires.


arn't the EA/EB/ED/EF/EL actuators all the same??


car10001 wrote:
whats the aftermarket kits really like and what kg force would you go for a ef. is 6 kg force ok or would you want to go 8kg hd force.


didn't have any problem fitting an aftermarket unit into a 79 Valiant. plus i didn't use the recommended mounting points [snib locks]. worked out better ways for it to operate & mount. have no idea re Kg needed, however what you use & how it operates must not overwork/stress the 'lever' it operates.



car10001 wrote:
and need to know when fitting a au2/3 throttle body to a ef can you just join colour for colour on the tps plug because the wires are exactly same colour codes or would you have to check diagrams.

thanks


no idea.
Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:
Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

 

 

It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:18 am All times are UTC + 11 hours

 

 

(c)2014 Total Web Solutions Australia - Australian Web Hosting and Domain Names