Fordmods Logo

Cornering lamps EL Fairmont Ghia 

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Post subject: Cornering lamps EL Fairmont Ghia
Posted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 6:42 pm 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

Hey guys, I've aquired some cornering lamps for my Fairmont Ghia, but there are no bolts with them, what size bolts do I need for these babies?

Also the lenses are a bit foggy, how do you suggest I get them clear once again?

I've seen the guide on making up the loom for them, is that the right one for them to come on with the indicators?

Thanks much.

Post subject: Re: Cornering lamps EL Fairmont Ghia
Posted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:29 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

I think it is 10mm you need and as for cleaning the lense I think turtle wax had
a product with some various sanding grade paper and two bottles of applicator for around $25 at the time from supercheap auto (may have been on special) You will need to spend a bit of time ie: using the different grades of paper to get a decent job but worth it in the end..

Posted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:09 am 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: '97 EL Fairmont Ghia

VIC, Australia

Damoo wrote:
I've seen the guide on making up the loom for them, is that the right one for them to come on with the indicators?

Thanks much.

Depends on if you want that setup or not. With the setup you've mentioned, you actually have to build a circut board which can be quite challenging if you're not electrically minded. This enables them to stay on for 5 seconds after the indicator is canceled, and also come on with the high beams.
Another method, which is a lot simpler, would be to wire them up as fog lamps, giving you full control of them.

As I said, it depends. Oiginality or Functionality, your choice. :)

The EL ghia
^^^^^^^^^^

Posted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:54 pm 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

TheELghia wrote:
Damoo wrote:

Thanks much.

Depends on if you want that setup or not. With the setup you've mentioned, you actually have to build a circut board which can be quite challenging if you're not electrically minded. This enables them to stay on for 5 seconds after the indicator is canceled, and also come on with the high beams.
Another method, which is a lot simpler, would be to wire them up as fog lamps, giving you full control of them.

As I said, it depends. Oiginality or Functionality, your choice. :)

Thanks much both of you, I'd rather originality, thats pretty much all they're used for, its only a 21w globe right?

Anyone stuck a 55W halogen in there before? LOL.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]