Fordmods Logo

Could you please Delete all fixed :) 

Page 1 of 2 [ 30 posts ] Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: Could you please Delete all fixed :)
Posted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:51 am 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 4 images

Hi guys
ok i have checked the globe and that seems fine...i have noticed that the rear parcel shelf brake light is blown would that cause the left break light also not to work ?
i have a EF GLi

Last edited by Lucion on Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Left Rear Brake light wont work
Posted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:37 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 14 images

Ride: EF XR8

NSW, Australia

The globe holder could be broken and not be getting a good enough earth to support the positive side of the globe.

Or

A fuse is blown

Blue blooded.

Posted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:36 am 
Smokin em up

REW93N wrote:
The globe holder could be broken and not be getting a good enough earth to support the positive side of the globe.

Or

A fuse is blown

Yeah I have checked all that, Looks like i have a bit more to do before my road worthy -_-
the airbag is flashing code 12 at me. and it seems my cruse control will not turn off when i put my foot on the brake. lol well i cant complain for $500..umm well i can but no one will listen lol

thank for your advice mate :)

Posted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:36 am 
Fordmods Junkie

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: EL Fairmont, VFR400 racer

Power: 144 rwkw

VIC, Australia

REW93N wrote:

Or

A fuse is blown

If a fuse is blown, no brake lights should work.

I say broken holder...have a look at the wiring and see if a wire has come loose or anything.

phongus = Post whore 2006
EL XR6 motor, EL ECU + J3 chip, WADE 1673 Camshaft, 3" S/S intake, Pacy 4480, 2.5" Hi flow cat, 2.5" Lukey exhaust.
Max Power = 144.6 rwkw (03/05/2008)

Posted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:59 am 
Smokin em up

phongus wrote:
REW93N wrote:

I say broken holder...have a look at the wiring and see if a wire has come loose or anything.

yeah i had it out to have a look ....whos bright idea was it to have to take the whole lot out of the car just to change the bl##dy globes..at any rate i am going to change all the globe and then chase it down...i could have had a bad spare one...but the filaments looks good and the multimeter seems to think everything's ok plug wise but then again i cant drive them there multimeter's to well lol

Posted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:15 am 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: 96 XH/97 EL

NSW, Australia

Is the BRAKE LT fuse blown ???
The symptoms seem to point to that.

96 XH Longreach 'S': LPG, Alarm, 3.23:1 LSD, Cruise, Trip Comp, ABS, Power Windows, Mid Series Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl
97 EL Futura S/W: LPG, Alarm, LED int Lts, Trip Comp, F/Lane Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl, T5 Conversion

Posted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:17 am 
Smokin em up

snap0964 wrote:
Is the BRAKE LT fuse blown ???
The symptoms seem to point to that.

Ummm looks ok i pulled it out and it looked fine

i just poped out and tested the fuse with the multimeter and its ok

Posted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:52 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Try replacing the brake light switch, they are horrible in the Falcons.
About $10 from the local parts place.

Blue blooded.

Posted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:50 pm 
Smokin em up

uniacidz wrote:
The parcel shelf and left side could be running from the same loom, or attached to the same loom.

If one goes out, the other might as well.

Easiest bet, just buy a new $4 pack of brake lights (you have to anyway) and install

Yeah thats what i was thinking mate....will get right on it after Easter and will let you know...i have to get a new numberplate light also so that might be a part of it to ( maybe) .i know one thing its pissing me off i hate leaving the taillight out of the car...looks grubby

and thanks for all your help guys :)
this is the best forum i have fond in a LONG time :)

Posted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:58 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 20 images

Ride: ED Falcon

Power: 133 rwkw

NSW, Australia

If cruise wont cancel on an EF/EL it is a dodgy brake light switch... You can verify this by tramping the brake instead of gently pressing it... This causes the back up to operate on the master cylinder... I somehow bet this may be causing brake light issues also...

Have you used your multimeter to actually see if there is voltage at the bulb holder? And alternatively an earth?

Cheers,
Tim

93 Red ED 5spd Manual Build Thread

Performance: Complete AUII VCT Wiring & Power Train, Pacey Headers, 2.5" Exhaust, Exedy Clutch, DBA Rotors
Visuals: FG XR Wheel, XR Front, 17's, BA 5 Spd Shifter, BA Ghia Window Switches, NL Cluster
Tunes: 8" Pioneer Sub, JBL Speakers, Clarion Double DIN Headunit

Posted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:00 pm 
Technical Contributor

NSW, Australia

Also they're not Christmas lights, so one blown bulb wont make the other go out... They're all 12 volt bulbs wired in parallel... Not 6 or 4 volt bulbs wired in series... Only way one would work without the other is if the wiring is broken between them... Again the multimeter test will prove this... See if you have voltage to the globe holder...

Performance: Complete AUII VCT Wiring & Power Train, Pacey Headers, 2.5" Exhaust, Exedy Clutch, DBA Rotors
Visuals: FG XR Wheel, XR Front, 17's, BA 5 Spd Shifter, BA Ghia Window Switches, NL Cluster

Posted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:03 pm 
Smokin em up

TimmyA wrote:
If cruise wont cancel on an EF/EL it is a dodgy brake light switch... You can verify this by tramping the brake instead of gently pressing it... This causes the back up to operate on the master cylinder... I somehow bet this may be causing brake light issues also...

Have you used your multimeter to actually see if there is voltage at the bulb holder? And alternatively an earth?

Cheers,
Tim

yeah Tim the earth is good and there's power getting to the globe holder.
REW thinks replacing the peddle switch might help also so i might as well do that ( my XE was much easier to figger out lol but after having that for 22 years it was time to up grade i get attched to cars for some reason )

Posted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:05 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Lucion wrote:
TimmyA wrote:

Cheers,
Tim

REW thinks replacing the peddle switch might help also so i might as well do that ( my XE was much easier to figger out lol but after having that for 22 years it was time to up grade i get attched to cars for some reason )

I only think so due to the cruise control, happened to me a little while back. Changed the switch and everything was dandy. You'll probably end up replacing it soon anyhow, even if it's not the problem

Blue blooded.

Posted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:06 pm 
Technical Contributor

NSW, Australia

Sweet... if you have volts and earth there you should have glow... The bulb isn't something funny is it? It is the dual filament 5/20W (or whatever they are) in a 12V lamp? I've seen people force the single filament bulbs in them before... Even though they're not supposed to fit, people make them... :? Is the tail light filament in it working?

I suspect a lack of tail light resistance may also stop the cruise from cancelling based on how it is wired...

Yeah I get attached too :mrgreen:

Posted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:09 pm 
Smokin em up

REW93N wrote:
Lucion wrote:
TimmyA wrote:

Cheers,
Tim

I only think so due to the cruise control, happened to me a little while back. Changed the switch and everything was dandy. You'll probably end up replacing it soon anyhow, even if it's not the problem

So true and if its not that at least i have a Spear which is always a good thing...i have been reading the forums and have seen it might pay to have a few spear globes and fuses ( which i do like to keep in the glove box) hanging around...so think that if your roof light blows you cant start your car 0.0

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 2  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next