Fordmods Logo

door lock issues 

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Post subject: door lock issues
Posted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 6:22 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: NA / NL fairlane, 08 honda civic

QLD, Australia

hi i have an AU fairlane (ford just called NU when i called them)

When in press the button on the key fob to lock or unlock the doors the locks cycle 4 times (returning them to the unlock position. with exception to the passenger rear door and it locks and will not unlock

in addition to this when i use the key it wont do anything meaning i am unable to lock my car.

anyone know what would cause this?

Question.
What is the meaning of life?
Answer.
The condition that distinguishes organisms from inorganic objects and dead organisms, being manifested by growth through metabolism, reproduction, and the power of adaptation to environment through changes originating internally.

Post subject: Re: door lock issues
Posted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 8:45 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 20 images

Ride: ED Falcon

Power: 133 rwkw

NSW, Australia

Sounds like the master actuator (drivers door) may be broken and it isn't detecting the lock/unlock status and causing the cycling... As for that rear door not unlocking with the others it sounds like it may be broken too (does it unlock when you press unlock?)

I'd pull the driver's trim off... Take out the three bolt out holding the actuator in and pull the drive box cover off... Fair chance the white worm gear thing is sheared off... You can buy a kit on ebay... I suggest replacing the motors as well as they lose torque over time and don't work so well...

Start there... If you rear door keeps playing up, it may have the same issue too but because it's a slave it wouldn't cause cycling...

Cheers,
Tim

93 Red ED 5spd Manual Build Thread

Performance: Complete AUII VCT Wiring & Power Train, Pacey Headers, 2.5" Exhaust, Exedy Clutch, DBA Rotors
Visuals: FG XR Wheel, XR Front, 17's, BA 5 Spd Shifter, BA Ghia Window Switches, NL Cluster
Tunes: 8" Pioneer Sub, JBL Speakers, Clarion Double DIN Headunit

Posted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:02 pm 
Stock as a Rock

QLD, Australia

TimmyA wrote:
Sounds like the master actuator (drivers door) may be broken and it isn't detecting the lock/unlock status and causing the cycling... As for that rear door not unlocking with the others it sounds like it may be broken too (does it unlock when you press unlock?)

I'd pull the driver's trim off... Take out the three bolt out holding the actuator in and pull the drive box cover off... Fair chance the white worm gear thing is sheared off... You can buy a kit on ebay... I suggest replacing the motors as well as they lose torque over time and don't work so well...

Start there... If you rear door keeps playing up, it may have the same issue too but because it's a slave it wouldn't cause cycling...

Cheers,
Tim

Ok i will pull it out tomorrow RE driver side, the rear passenger will lock but not unlock and when you pull the handle inside it will unlock. wont unlock electrically.

Am i better reconditioning the one in there or get one from a wreckers?

Question.
Answer.
The condition that distinguishes organisms from inorganic objects and dead organisms, being manifested by growth through metabolism, reproduction, and the power of adaptation to environment through changes originating internally.

Posted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:39 pm 
Technical Contributor

NSW, Australia

Common problem... wreckers will probably make a small fortune out of it because the know they're an issue...

There is a revised style available from Ford fitted firstly from either BF or BFII... Requires the purchase of a patch harness as well because it has a different plug... I think it still suffers from the same issue...

Sounds like the rear one might have the same broken worm gear...

Here is a set of 4... There is loads one ebay...

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/BULK-LOT-4-F ... xy3cJThp5n

The round gear shears off the worm half usually... You can see the object I'm talking about in the listing...

Start with investigating these anyway and if the are alright let us know and we'll come up with something else to try...

Cheers,
Tim

Performance: Complete AUII VCT Wiring & Power Train, Pacey Headers, 2.5" Exhaust, Exedy Clutch, DBA Rotors
Visuals: FG XR Wheel, XR Front, 17's, BA 5 Spd Shifter, BA Ghia Window Switches, NL Cluster

Posted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:02 pm 
Stock as a Rock

QLD, Australia

TimmyA wrote:
Common problem... wreckers will probably make a small fortune out of it because the know they're an issue...

There is a revised style available from Ford fitted firstly from either BF or BFII... Requires the purchase of a patch harness as well because it has a different plug... I think it still suffers from the same issue...

Sounds like the rear one might have the same broken worm gear...

Here is a set of 4... There is loads one ebay...

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/BULK-LOT-4-F ... xy3cJThp5n

The round gear shears off the worm half usually... You can see the object I'm talking about in the listing...

Start with investigating these anyway and if the are alright let us know and we'll come up with something else to try...

Cheers,
Tim

Ok thanks will check it out and report back with what i find when i pull it apart.

Question.
Answer.

Posted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 12:21 am 
Stock as a Rock

QLD, Australia

just another quick question,

in the case i need to replace the driver side actuator, is the below the correct replacement?

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Door-Lock-Ac ... SwFnFV9imj

Question.
Answer.

Posted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:15 am 
Technical Contributor

NSW, Australia

Appears to be... That's non genuine because genuine are usually arm and leg pricing... 07 must be when the new plug started judging by those dates then...

Cheers,
Tim

Posted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 1:54 pm 
Stock as a Rock

QLD, Australia

ok replaced the driver side door lock.

that has fixed the cycling when using the remote.

however i still seem to be unable to lock or unlock the doors with the key. only the remote.

when you turn the key the rod does push down and everything.

also i think the rear passenger side door has an issue still. will lock but wont unlock.

should i just replace it?

Question.
Answer.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 8 posts ]