Fordmods Logo

EA wiring running AU motor 

Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

Post subject: EA wiring running AU motor
Posted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 3:10 pm 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 21 images

Ride: EF, Magna, R33 skyline

Hi I would just like to know if anyone has done or can help.... I'm putting an AU motor in my XF ute and am trying to run the engine on a EA series 1 wiring and ecu.. I have spark but no injector pulse.... Its starting to drive me nuts if anyone can help that would be great.

Post subject: Re: EA wiring running AU motor
Posted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:21 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 20 images

Ride: ED Falcon

Power: 133 rwkw

NSW, Australia

The generates the PIP pulse... The pip pulse is sent to the computer so it can generate the SPOUT (spark out) and the injector pulse... The SPOUT runs back to the dizzy and then references inside the ignition module most likely and then runs out of the ignition module to the coil...

If you have spark you should have injector pulse... Either the wiring continuity is broken or the computer isn't working and needs replacing maybe?

Have you tried another dizzy for the sake of it? Did it work with this wiring in the XF before the AU motor went in? What have you already tried to rectify the issue... The more info you can give us now, the less things we have to ask you to "check" before coming up with a solution...

Cheers,
Tim

93 Red ED 5spd Manual Build Thread

Performance: Complete AUII VCT Wiring & Power Train, Pacey Headers, 2.5" Exhaust, Exedy Clutch, DBA Rotors
Visuals: FG XR Wheel, XR Front, 17's, BA 5 Spd Shifter, BA Ghia Window Switches, NL Cluster
Tunes: 8" Pioneer Sub, JBL Speakers, Clarion Double DIN Headunit

Posted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:38 pm 
Smokin em up

Ok well the motor is on the shed floor so it has not been in the xf yet. I had no spark so I changed coil and dissy and got spark back.. If I spray a bit of fuel in the T/B it starts and runs. . I cut out a few wires that I don't need like aircon clutch switch stuff like that..

Posted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:16 am 
Technical Contributor

NSW, Australia

I'm going to give you a list of questions that will help us determine your problem... Test every one and answer every one... Not just yes or no too, actually detail your answers... I bet one of these will likely fix it...

So are you assuming you have no injector pulse or have you actually used a set of injector testers?
Have you used a multimeter and proven continuous connection on the 3 wires that run the fuel injection?
Assuming it's MPEFI?
Are you sure it isn't the injectors, have they been cleaned and tested ok?
Have you checked the fuel rail pressure?
Have you checked the fuel flow rate?
Have you ensure fuel hoses are the correct way around?
Have you checked the computer for trouble codes?

Let me know the results...

Cheers,
Tim

Performance: Complete AUII VCT Wiring & Power Train, Pacey Headers, 2.5" Exhaust, Exedy Clutch, DBA Rotors
Visuals: FG XR Wheel, XR Front, 17's, BA 5 Spd Shifter, BA Ghia Window Switches, NL Cluster

Posted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 2:31 pm 
Smokin em up

TimmyA wrote:
I'm going to give you a list of questions that will help us determine your problem... Test every one and answer every one... Not just yes or no too, actually detail your answers... I bet one of these will likely fix it...

So are you assuming you have no injector pulse or have you actually used a set of injector testers?
Have you used a multimeter and proven continuous connection on the 3 wires that run the fuel injection?
Assuming it's MPEFI?
Are you sure it isn't the injectors, have they been cleaned and tested ok?
Have you checked the fuel rail pressure?
Have you checked the fuel flow rate?
Have you ensure fuel hoses are the correct way around?
Have you checked the computer for trouble codes?

Let me know the results...

Cheers,
Tim

ok well I have used to multimeter and I'm pretty sure there is no injector pulse.. I going to guess that the injectors are constant 12V and negative switched??? yes its MPEFI I have not changed the injectors but will do fuel pressure is good and fuel lines are right and I cant check the ecu for trouble codes and I have cut out the self test wires...

Posted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:56 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 96 EL XR6

QLD, Australia

charlie4401 wrote:
I cant check the ecu for trouble codes and I have cut out the self test wires...

...... thats golden. Your a f***ing legend.. :roll: :? :|

EL XR6, T5 Speed - Full Factory Fitted Tickford Body Kit, AU Engine, Billet Camtech 845 Cam, J3 Chip, MLS Gasket, Intake, Extractors, High flow cat, 2 1/2in exhaust, K&N Air Filter, 3.45 LSD, - My Pride and Joy

Posted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:16 am 
Technical Contributor

NSW, Australia

Falcon96XR6 wrote:
charlie4401 wrote:
I cant check the ecu for trouble codes and I have cut out the self test wires...

My thoughts exactly... Must have been too much weight in the couple of wires...

I dunno how to help this guy... He doesn't answer all the questions you ask and makes it hard to read his replies due to lack of punctuation... Somebody else feel free to take over...

As a side note, your first sentence makes little to no sense and I don't speak Spanish... Are you saying you checked for an injector pulse with a multimeter? You can't do that... A multimeter doesn't have a high enough refresh rate... You need to check for injector pulse ideally with the neon injector testers... Or somebody may be able to recommend another way of doing it... And yes 12v constant... What I asked, is seeing you hacked at the wiring, have you checked the continuity of the 3 wires which run the 6 injectors?

You still have answered these:
If you've checked fuel flow (a pump can either have lack of pressure or lack of flow)
Fuel hose connections the right way around
The continuity mentioned above
And I'd tap straight into the computer plug and check for codes seeing you pulled the wires out...

Cheers,
Tim

Posted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:46 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 96 EL XR6

QLD, Australia

TimmyA wrote:
Falcon96XR6 wrote:
charlie4401 wrote:

My thoughts exactly... Must have been too much weight in the couple of wires...

I dunno how to help this guy... He doesn't answer all the questions you ask and makes it hard to read his replies due to lack of punctuation... Somebody else feel free to take over...

As a side note, your first sentence makes little to no sense and I don't speak Spanish... Are you saying you checked for an injector pulse with a multimeter? You can't do that... A multimeter doesn't have a high enough refresh rate... You need to check for injector pulse ideally with the neon injector testers... Or somebody may be able to recommend another way of doing it... And yes 12v constant... What I asked, is seeing you hacked at the wiring, have you checked the continuity of the 3 wires which run the 6 injectors?

You still have answered these:
If you've checked fuel flow (a pump can either have lack of pressure or lack of flow)
Fuel hose connections the right way around
The continuity mentioned above
And I'd tap straight into the computer plug and check for codes seeing you pulled the wires out...

Cheers,
Tim

Cant train monkeys Tim, although somedays i think it might almost be easier.

EL XR6, T5 Speed - Full Factory Fitted Tickford Body Kit, AU Engine, Billet Camtech 845 Cam, J3 Chip, MLS Gasket, Intake, Extractors, High flow cat, 2 1/2in exhaust, K&N Air Filter, 3.45 LSD, - My Pride and Joy

Posted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:51 pm 
Smokin em up

ok I didn't think I would need the self test wires so I cut them out didn't think it would be such a big deal.... I have checked the fuel pressure and fuel lines they are right and I also changed the injectors and still no good.. I didn't know about the multimeter no refreshing fast enough.. so the only thing I can think it would be is the ecu...

Posted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:55 pm 
Technical Contributor

NSW, Australia

So so a self test at the ECU plug?

You removed the wires from the 60 pin plug so just add them back in with 4inches of tail and ground the test pin and read codes off the other pin...

If the computer throws a s**t of random codes it's likely to be it... If it tests and only throws one or two codes it may be alright...

Cheers,
Tim

Posted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:59 pm 
Smokin em up

Ok so I have a mate with a old EB s1 and I changed ecu's and with my ecu his car wont start.. so i guess that's the problem. every wire I cut out I left about 3" of tail just in case I needed to wire them back in.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 11 posts ]