Fordmods Logo

ED Fairmont Stereo Wireing 

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Post subject: ED Fairmont Stereo Wireing
Posted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:24 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: ED Fairmont

SA, Australia

Hi everyone i am having an electrical issue with my ED Fairmont.
First my smart lock does not work at all and when you open the doors the interior light does not come on and the passengers light for the door lock constantly stays on. When i turn the ignition to accessory the interior light comes on and the door lock light turns of but the central locking still doesn't work. if the stereo is unplugged the interior light turns off the door lock light turns back on and the engine turns over but wont start until the stereo is plugged back in. i bereave it is to do with a blue wire with a white stripe coming from the stereo being connected to a grey wire with a yellow stripe but not sure as i know the 2 different wires shoulder be crossed but don't know what they are meant to be connected to and what there for.

If anyone knows any information that may help me fix the problem please let me know.

Last edited by mysteryperson.98 on Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: ED Fairmont Stereo Wireing
Posted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:28 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 20 images

Ride: ED Falcon

Power: 133 rwkw

NSW, Australia

Grey wire with a yellow strip is a switched power usually for power windows, power seats, etc... No idea about a blue/white wire but?

Have you done the obvious thing and checked all the fuses? No visually as that is not a good method for testing them, but with a test light or mutlimeter?

Next step is confirm your main earths are all tight and clean? Esp battery to chassis to motor and the main dash earth under the top cowling...

And as always, a picture speaks a thousand words...

Cheers,
Tim

93 Red ED 5spd Manual Build Thread

Performance: Complete AUII VCT Wiring & Power Train, Pacey Headers, 2.5" Exhaust, Exedy Clutch, DBA Rotors
Visuals: FG XR Wheel, XR Front, 17's, BA 5 Spd Shifter, BA Ghia Window Switches, NL Cluster
Tunes: 8" Pioneer Sub, JBL Speakers, Clarion Double DIN Headunit

Posted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:25 am 
Parts Gopher

SA, Australia

Thanks for the information.

I haven't been able to test the fuses properly as i don't have a multimeter or test light.
I also tried to take photos but it doesn't show up well due to it being to dark.

Also is there a battery to chassis earth as i have only noticed the one from the negative to the drivers engine mount?

Posted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 4:35 pm 
Parts Gopher

SA, Australia

I have just found the battery to chassis earth but it isn't the problem. i have checked every earth i can find but still no luck.
I have also found out the grey with yellow wire is going directly to the accessory relay but cant understand why it has been connected to the blue wire with white stripe that is meant to be for the power to the radio which i be leave should be connected to the radio fuse.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]