Fordmods Logo

EF airbag problem 

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Post subject: EF airbag problem
Posted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 5:36 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

QLD, Australia

Hey guys, I'm new to this forum but I have done a tone of research on this matter.

My airbag light keeps flashing error code 12 and I keep clearing it and it keeps coming back. The problem I found is that the fuse blows as soon as I replace it.

Is it a problem with the airbag control unit? and do I have to replace it?

And I have been through the airbag post here post854233.html#p854233

Thanks
Aboody

Post subject: Re: EF airbag problem
Posted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:58 pm 
Technical Contributor

NSW, Australia

flash code 12 normally scans as code 2 =no power supply= fuse blown
caused by internal short in module under dash,this occurs to prevent accidental deploy of airbag
need to replace to fix -can be done without removing dash,but with quite a bit of swearing -
recommend following instruction given by " snap0964 "

Note - disconnect battery & wait 15 min or so before attempting to allow module to discharge-dont reconnect until you have finished (even if your fuse has blown and there is no power !) if you get to choose look for donor vehicle without front end impact

Quote:

The box is bolted to the pedalbox behind the dash, on the right hand side.
As mentioned, the Airbag module can be replaced with the dash in place, however, patience is required. Here's how I did it - obviously not the only way.
EF/EL removal install:
- Inspect your replacement Airbag monitor and note the three 3 x mounting bolt locations, all are 8mm green bolts.
- Drop the white dash connector and bracket down (2 x 12mm bolts).
- Place socket and extension onto the upper green bolt mount closest to the pedalbox - you'll do this blind, and have the extension sit just past the module body, so you can fit the rachet to it. Remove the green bolt. If you remove the fuse box cover, you can see this bolt through the top holes.
- Remove RH side dash air vent - you'll be able to see the other upper bolt, with a number of extensions, remove the green bolt.
- Remove the lower green bolt - the module will drop down. Move it around to get it below the pedalbox.
- Press the locking tabs, remove the electrical connectors.
- Connect replacement Airbag module, fit to mounting location, fit and nip up lower green bolt. Check through the viewing points covered above, that the upper two mount holes are lined up.
Fit the upper two bolts by wrapping in masking tape and pressing into a socket so they are a tight fit, locate mounting holes as above, fit rachet to socket and extension, and do each bolt up.
- Fit white dash connector and bracket.
- Test Airbag system, and reset codes if necessary.

ref. the post you have already got..........................

Post subject: Re: EF airbag problem
Posted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:06 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

QLD, Australia

So good news and bad news. I got the airbag system sorted but the repair (from the RWC) will cost $2000.

So... anyone want parts off a 95 EF falcon located in Hervey Bay Qld Aus?

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]