egas BA wont crank 

Page 2 of 2 [ 21 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Post subject: Re: egas BA wont crank
Posted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:12 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: for BA

SA, Australia

rod hansen wrote:
When you turn the key on the pcm should put a ground on pin 85, providing the contacts are closed in the inhibitor switch on the trans. When you turn the key to start battery voltage should be on pin 86 and the main contacts will close in the relay switching battery voltage between pin 87 and 30 which will flow to the solenoid. With the key off there is no ground on 85, to be sure I checked my straight gas bf. If your inhibitor switch is alright and battery voltage is going to the pcm you have to find out why it wont put a ground on with the key on. Do's every thing work dash lights and cluster what about when you cranked the engine did you see the tacho move indicating there is a crank signal, also when you turn the key on the ignition relay should supply power to the lpg fuse and relay.

all dash lights work but brake fail light comes on when you try to start the car should i hear the gas system prime when i turn the key

Posted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:36 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

SA, Australia

amcxcoup5@gmail.com wrote:
rod hansen wrote:
When you turn the key on the pcm should put a ground on pin 85, providing the contacts are closed in the inhibitor switch on the trans. When you turn the key to start battery voltage should be on pin 86 and the main contacts will close in the relay switching battery voltage between pin 87 and 30 which will flow to the solenoid. With the key off there is no ground on 85, to be sure I checked my straight gas bf. If your inhibitor switch is alright and battery voltage is going to the pcm you have to find out why it wont put a ground on with the key on. Do's every thing work dash lights and cluster what about when you cranked the engine did you see the tacho move indicating there is a crank signal, also when you turn the key on the ignition relay should supply power to the lpg fuse and relay.

all dash lights work but brake fail light comes on when you try to start the car should i hear the gas system prime when i turn the key
hey Ron just checked gas fuse no power and the tacho has no movement looks to b a pcm issue but if thats the case shouldn't the smart lock ight be flashing

Posted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:29 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

SA, Australia

thanks for your help guys found the problem blown injection fuse never checked it as the car is gas and has no injection

Posted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 1:45 am 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: 96 XH/97 EL

NSW, Australia

What's the correct fuse name ? - just for reference for others reading this thread.

96 XH Longreach 'S': LPG, Alarm, 3.23:1 LSD, Cruise, Trip Comp, ABS, Power Windows, Mid Series Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl
97 EL Futura S/W: LPG, Alarm, LED int Lts, Trip Comp, F/Lane Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl, T5 Conversion

Posted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 9:18 am 
Fordmods Newbie

SA, Australia

snap0964 wrote:
What's the correct fuse name ? - just for reference for others reading this thread.

fuse number 30 inside cab

Posted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 10:38 am 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: EF Fairmont

NSW, Australia

snap0964 wrote:

Injector Fuse, as the OP said, fuse 30 (15A).

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2