EL falcon, no indicators or hazards 

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Post subject: EL falcon, no indicators or hazards
Posted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:45 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: various

QLD, Australia

hey everyone

i'm trying to repair the indicators for my friends EL falcon - the trailer socket fell off & resulted in intermittent shorts, which blew the park lights fuse, then the indicator fuse - some moron decided to replace the indicator fuse 6 times, with a 25 amp fuse instead of 15, until nothing worked, not even the fuse would blow anymore

i was asked to look at it & found the shorting trailer wires, so i cut them flush & checked they were no longer shorting

i then replaced the melted flasher unit & you can now hear it actuate when you depress the hazard switch, but no indicators or hazards work - mind you, the indicators flash when you lock the car, so i know the bulbs & at least half the circuit work OK

i got a replacement combination switch from a local wrecker & it made no difference either - i also dismantled the computer (the wiring diagram shows it's connected to the indicator circuit) & found no signs of damage whatsoever

so, i'm thinking an open circuit wire someplace, probably between the flasher unit & combination switch behind the fuse panel - but it looks like i have to remove the entire dash to gain access to the wiring harness behind the fuse box

anyone got anything that can help me? anyone had a similar problem before?? anyone know if there's any way to access the harness without removing the entire dash?

Post subject: Re: EL falcon, no indicators or hazards
Posted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:04 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Ride: '03 BA & '06 BF Wagooons

VIC, Australia

if you have a multimeter use that to check wiring also hava look at connections as one may have blown [?] altho IF the relay is clicking you should hava pulse some where in the wiring - which you could check with a globe, a globe socket & two long wires [if no multimeter] - can you pull the fuse part out & check the back of it??

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ]