Fordmods Logo

EL fuel gauge issue. 

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Post subject: EL fuel gauge issue.
Posted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 2:57 am 
Stock as a Rock

SA, Australia

Having a problem with my fuel gauge. With a full tank or even half a tank it just fluctuates from full to empty at random times. I have noticed on a donor vehicle I have that with the fuel sender disconnected it shows full tank. I'm thinking a crook gauge itself as the trip computer is reading the distance to empty, so I think the instrument cluster is receiving the correct data from the sender. Anyone else have similar problem? Don't want to change the whole cluster as it's an option 20, so is it easy just to change individual gauges?

Post subject: Re: EL fuel gauge issue.
Posted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 9:13 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF II Gas Ute

ACT, Australia

Hello,

Yes, no soldering required. There are 2 sections, left and right with the 2 or 3 gauges. They press in to the cluster. It may be worth taking them out and trying again as it could be a bad connection with the contacts. When you take the front off the cluster, the plastic for the back-light is what the meters are mounted to. This is what you pull forward to remove. There are 2 screws that mount each meter, be careful taking the needle off and take a Pic of where they sit so they go back in the right position. There is some info about clusters in the Tech Doc section, EF and EL are much the same apart from different markings and needle colour.

Regards 96ELGli

Post subject: Re: EL fuel gauge issue.
Posted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 3:01 pm 
Stock as a Rock

SA, Australia

Thanks, I have a cluster I can raid if need be now. I'll test theory with my ute cluster, only just thought to do that.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]