Fordmods Logo

EL to EF ABS loom issues 

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Post subject: EL to EF ABS loom issues
Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:56 pm 
Parts Gopher

VIC, Australia

Hiya,

Have put an EL XR8 engine into an EF and the biggest issue I've run into (aside from long periods of just giving up) is the bloody ABS system.

So the Bosch units take a different plug as well as the hydraulic lines are different, so they got too hard basketed in favour of just wiring up an adaptor loom, as according to the wiring diagram it all looks pretty easy.

So to clarify, its the EL XR8 Engine bay loom that contains all the ABS wiring, I think. Anyway, I'm trying to wire that loom to the EF ABS unit.

All the ABS module wiring itself for the wheel sensors is colour to colour matching, so far so good, no hassles there. But my brain is breaking at the other part, the relay plug on the unit

https://imgur.com/a/RB1szkq

Or am I just looking at this wrong and all I need to do is like what I've written on the pictures and I'm thinking too hard. Because that's how I'm pretty sure I wired it up now, and theres none of that lovely familiar EF/EL WHIRR WHIRR ABS sound when you connect the battery :(

This has gone on for too long for me I think, ye olde can't see the forest for the trees... and I've just been banging my head against this one particular tree and decrying the automotive gods.

Does anyone have any advice? Or recommendations for a mobile auto sparky out west who won't murder me for my backyard butchery :lol:

Post subject: Re: EL to EF ABS loom issues
Posted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:22 am 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: EL GLi

Hey mate, how'd you end up going with the ABS module? I'm in the process of doing the same thing except putting EF V8 stuff into an EL I6 chassis. Does the early EF module have the same number of wires, and same colour, as the EL? Just asking as I was looking at the EF unit last night and it seems to have a lot less wires going to it than the EL unit.

Build Thread

the-garage-f53/benno-the-viking-s-el-t111731.html

Ain't nuthin' to it but do it!

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ]