Fordmods Logo

fg g6e dash not working? 

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Post subject: fg g6e dash not working?
Posted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 4:38 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: g6e 2009

WA, Australia

i have a 2009 g6e. had a car reverse into my passenger door this morning, not alot of damage, couple of dents and some traded paint. main problem is that now the instrument cluster has crapped out. i can still start and drive the car, the warning lights on the cluster work as they should, and the lcd screen in the middle of the cluster works, but the needles wont move on the gauges. ive checked the related fuses and tried other fuses in their place, still no joy. have found the fuse for the instrument cluster, and the car wont start with it removed so im pretty sure the fuse is fine. does anyone know of anything else i should be checking? could any of the fuses under the bonnet be responsible? is there a plug on the back of the cluster that might have been knocked loose?

Post subject: Re: fg g6e dash not working?
Posted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:23 am 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

fixed the cluster today. pulled the cluster out, checked the plugs and reinstalled. nothing. swapped every single fuse for brand new ones. got a small flicker at start up but still nothing. replaced the footwell globes, (normal t10 globes, one had blown), and success! dont know why but it seems replacing a blown globe has it back working again. dont know why i got a flicker from new fuses either, all fuses looked good, and everything else worked. didnt even get any reaction when i changed obviously functioning fuses into the slots that are relative to the instrument cluster. either way its confusing but im happy.

Posted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 3:00 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Ride: '03 BA & '06 BF Wagooons

VIC, Australia

phatba wrote:
replaced the footwell globes, (normal t10 globes, one had blown), and success! dont know why but it seems replacing a blown globe has it back working again. either way its confusing but im happy.

just wondering if it maybe has an earth fault??

Posted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 3:15 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

Not sure? Will see if there's any more issues. The fg cluster is known to be dodgy, on hot days in full sun, the screen in the middle is known to fail and only comes back once the car cools down. In my car and my house mates fg, the cruise control has turned itself off while driving, it then can't be turned back on until the car has been turned off, then started again. The screen is also known to fade out randomly. Other electrical gremlins include the screen on the ICC turning itself off and then back on again, all without stopping the aircon or music, and your warning of a dying battery is the radio won't hold your place on a cd track, when you restart the car it will be about 5 or more songs backwards, and your cluster tells you there is a dsc fault. Very weird car for electrics....

Posted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 8:12 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Ride: '03 BA & '06 BF Wagooons

VIC, Australia

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]