Fordmods Logo

Ford AU won't start 

 

Page 2 of 2 [ 26 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

 
 Post subject: Re: Ford AU won't start
Posted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:57 am 
Technical Contributor
Offline

Posts: 492

Joined: 13th Jul 2013

Location: Campbelltown
NSW, Australia

have you changed BEM as suggested by SWC -
have you tried different key -
when you first turn key on is there any code flashed by smartlock light -
most early AU dont have smartlock light -
is smartlock light on or flashing fast with ignition on -
1 july 99 was change over to smartshield -
if you bridge starter relay terminals 87 & 30 starter should turn over but injectors wont pulse if it has a smartlock problem..............
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Ford AU won't start
Posted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:42 am 
Fordmods Newbie
Offline

Posts: 11

Joined: 24th Jul 2014

Ride: Ford AU

Location: Schofields
NSW, Australia

TedW wrote:
have you changed BEM as suggested by SWC -
have you tried different key -
when you first turn key on is there any code flashed by smartlock light -
most early AU dont have smartlock light -
is smartlock light on or flashing fast with ignition on -
1 july 99 was change over to smartshield -
if you bridge starter relay terminals 87 & 30 starter should turn over but injectors wont pulse if it has a smartlock problem..............

We pulled the BCM out and put it back in the (yellow box under the steering wheel/dash) but I read somewhere you cant replace this as it needs to be programmed so no we haven't replaced it. No codes on dash just the red hand flashing when ignition off and on now. Previously the last time it was driven it had no lights flashing.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Ford AU won't start
Posted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:46 am 
Parts Gopher
Offline

Age: 31

Posts: 70

Joined: 6th Sep 2005

Ride: AU II Fairlane

Location: Brisbane
QLD, Australia

Step 1: Buy Cheap OBD2 scanner 14 bucks of ebay
Step 2: Download FORscan and check for your laptop
Step 3: Check to see if the anti theft is on or off when you go check for DTC's


If it is locked out you need to get it to ford to get reprogrammed about 160-200 or buy a J3 chip and get the smartshield bypassed about 120-150 from TI


Good luck

 

_________________

AU II Fairlane Ghia 180 hp@ the wheels, Pacemaker 4499, RedBack 2.5", stock CAT, CAI, Lovells low's. More to come

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Ford AU won't start
Posted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:55 am 
Fordmods Newbie
Offline

Posts: 11

Joined: 24th Jul 2014

Ride: Ford AU

Location: Schofields
NSW, Australia

javier86 wrote:
Step 1: Buy Cheap OBD2 scanner 14 bucks of ebay
Step 2: Download FORscan and check for your laptop
Step 3: Check to see if the anti theft is on or off when you go check for DTC's


If it is locked out you need to get it to ford to get reprogrammed about 160-200 or buy a J3 chip and get the smartshield bypassed about 120-150 from TI


Good luck

Great no doubts it will be locked out and there is not way its getting it to ford its a stretch limo it wont go on a truck without ripping the entire bottom of it off really makes me angry that ford would create such s**t. Seeming it was going and in extremly good order well looked after then just does this. Thanks anyway
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Ford AU won't start
Posted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 3:31 pm 
Technical Contributor
Offline

Posts: 492

Joined: 13th Jul 2013

Location: Campbelltown
NSW, Australia

if it is deffinately smartshield ? it needs programming with scantool if you change BEM-

either get ford to come to you with scan tool as it may only require parameter reset with old components still installed to link PCM & BEM - note that if they need to program the keys to the BEM it will need two keys

alternatively wreckers and get key and barrell (2 keys preferably), bem (same colour) and pcm(to suit your engine & trans.) as a matched set and replace - need to get door locks etc changed by locksmith to match new key
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Ford AU won't start
Posted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 3:39 pm 
Fordmods Newbie
Offline

Posts: 11

Joined: 24th Jul 2014

Ride: Ford AU

Location: Schofields
NSW, Australia

TedW wrote:
if it is deffinately smartshield ? it needs programming with scantool if you change BEM-

either get ford to come to you with scan tool as it may only require parameter reset with old components still installed to link PCM & BEM - note that if they need to program the keys to the BEM it will need two keys

alternatively wreckers and get key and barrell (2 keys preferably), bem (same colour) and pcm(to suit your engine & trans.) as a matched set and replace - need to get door locks etc changed by locksmith to match new key

Does anyone know if an auto electrician or a locksmith can fix these problems. I would never take a 14 year old car back to a dealership they just ripp you off. Surely someone else can fix this problem. I really don't have thousands of dollars to spend on an old car.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Ford AU won't start
Posted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:00 pm 
Parts Gopher
Offline

Age: 31

Posts: 70

Joined: 6th Sep 2005

Ride: AU II Fairlane

Location: Brisbane
QLD, Australia

Pretty much only Ford can do this. Alternative is to get a j3 chip and disable smartshield costs 129 for one just let Jason known that you want smart shield disalbled install it take the car to Ford to reset it leave as is that's how I have my fairlane going atm

 

_________________

AU II Fairlane Ghia 180 hp@ the wheels, Pacemaker 4499, RedBack 2.5", stock CAT, CAI, Lovells low's. More to come

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Ford AU won't start
Posted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 8:53 pm 
Technical Contributor
Offline

Age: 60

Posts: 6817

Joined: 22nd Jun 2005

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: EF Fairmont

Location: Campbelltown
NSW, Australia

Did you reinstall the same BCM or a different one?

If you reinstalled the original then it still should be programmed to the ECU/Keys.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Ford AU won't start
Posted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:33 pm 
Fordmods Newbie
Offline

Posts: 11

Joined: 24th Jul 2014

Ride: Ford AU

Location: Schofields
NSW, Australia

SWC wrote:
Did you reinstall the same BCM or a different one?

If you reinstalled the original then it still should be programmed to the ECU/Keys.

Same one
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Ford AU won't start
Posted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 12:56 am 
Technical Contributor
Offline

Posts: 492

Joined: 13th Jul 2013

Location: Campbelltown
NSW, Australia

As SWC said if original BEM and keys are used they should be matched still ,unless faulty- is your battery ok-

lock smith normally just clone the key you already have,most auto elect have scan tool that will allow them to do a parameter reset and check for codes if BEM and keys are ok,if BEM is faulty however it will require reprogramming to 2 keys and parameter reset to link to PCM,worth a phone call to find out .................................
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Ford AU won't start
Posted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 1:34 am 
Moderator
Offline

Posts: 14513

Joined: 7th Nov 2004

Ride: ford falcon au3 xr8

Location: a shit suburb in sydney
NSW, Australia

galmanda wrote:
Does anyone know if an auto electrician or a locksmith can fix these problems. I would never take a 14 year old car back to a dealership they just ripp you off. Surely someone else can fix this problem. I really don't have thousands of dollars to spend on an old car.


yes .. any good auto electrician with a decent scan tool can do this.. had mine done when I replaced the ecu...
Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:
Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

 

 

It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:49 am All times are UTC + 11 hours

 

 

(c)2014 Total Web Solutions Australia - Australian Web Hosting and Domain Names