Ford Falcon XR6 2005 ICC not working 

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Post subject: Ford Falcon XR6 2005 ICC not working
Posted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 2:32 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: Ford Falcon XR6

VIC, Australia

Hi all,

My ICC has stopped working and I am not sure what to do. I have had a good look through Google and Youtube and still not getting far. Any thoughts are appreciated.

My car has the single zone colour display. For the last few weeks the radio, screen and aircon would stop working for a day or so and then magically start working again. A week ago it went off and has been off since. When I turn on the ignition, the ICC remains blank. When I turn on the lights, the lights on the ICC around the aircon dials turn on, but the screen stays blank, so I think power is getting to the unit. The car still drives fine, the electric windows and central locking also work fine.

Today I decided to take out the ICC. I disconnected the negative battery terminal and then undid the ICC screws/bolts etc and lifted it out carefully. There are no loose connections that I could see, so I put it back in making sure the connectors were secure etc. I reconnected the battery and started the car and it made no difference. The car runs fine, the central locking and windows etc work fine, but the problem remains. I have checked some of the obvious fuses i.e. fuse 28 and thats fine. I have not checked all the fuses under the bonnet as I am unsure which ones could potentially be causing this.

I just wondered if anyone has had this problem before and if there is an easy fix, or whether I need to replace the ICC. Also, if I do replace the ICC, what are the chances that it will solve the problem.

Cheers

Post subject: Re: Ford Falcon XR6 2005 ICC not working
Posted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:18 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Honestly, with those units, it might be a good idea to speak to THESE people, they are the ones that were licensed to repair these units for BA/BF. You are fortunate that you are in Victoria as well. :)

http://www.aslautomedia.com.au

Post subject: Re: Ford Falcon XR6 2005 ICC not working
Posted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:22 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: Ford Falcon XR6

VIC, Australia

Thanks Papa Smurf, I’ll have a look at that.

Cheers

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]